Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

Latest topics
» Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Yesterday at 10:22 pm by Sentinel

» Naruto: Will of Fire [RP Thread]
Yesterday at 8:04 pm by boyhoy

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Yesterday at 2:43 pm by WritingBookworm

» Irongale Fan Thread!
Yesterday at 12:09 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» Harwell's Institute: Resonance
Yesterday at 1:21 am by WritingBookworm

» Winter Night
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:54 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» Harwell's Fan Thread!
Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:13 pm by Comrade Squid

» [APPLICATIONS THREAD] Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:36 pm by WritingBookworm

» Infinity's Row: Untold Stories
Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:41 pm by Michael DeathFlame

December 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]

Page 38 of 78 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 58 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]

Post by boyhoy on Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:30 pm

~Kiel~
I listen to her words and I know she's right. Logically, it doesn't make much sense for me to be worrying so much about things that were out of my power. Though at the same time I know it will take a lot more for me to actually implement the thought. I would always worry, especially now that my family was involved. What I could do was try my best to not let it bring me down, to live in the moment and stop thinking ahead so much. I owed Noelle and myself that much at least.

My brow creases momentarily before relaxing as I gaze into her eyes. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to get all existential and shit like that. I never meant to worry you or freak you out or anything. It's just. . . I can't always talk like this around everyone and I feel like I can around you," I admit, gently bringing her face towards mine and kissing her.

"I'm really glad you were at the ball that night, Noelle. I honestly don't know how I would be able to get through all of this without you going through it with me. You bring out the best in me, even if I don't see it myself. I never thought I would care for someone as much as I care about you. I love you, Noelle."

I know I had said it before, but I felt I needed to remind her of my feelings, especially after what happened that night. I didn't want to bring it up again, but I still had a weird feeling in my stomach about the whole thing and couldn't help but wonder if there were still some loose ends from it.

boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cana on Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:09 pm

~Noelle~
“I love you too, Kiel. I’m so glad to have met you, really. And it’s okay, I'm really glad that you can get your feelings off your chest with me.  I just want to make sure that you’re alright. I feel like all of this is tearing you up and I want to be sure that you're okay,” I said after briefly returning the kiss before pulling away. My gaze shifted to the water again, eyebrows furrowing as I considered how to iterate my thoughts.

“And… I’m sorry that I questioned your feelings for me the other night. It’s just that…,” I said, pausing as my voice caught in my throat. My eyes flickered to his face and back to the water as I bit my lip. My hand raked through my damp hair once again, gaze following the droplets of water as they hit the water and the impact rippled outward.

“...I haven’t really been close with anyone after my family members passed. When they died, I thought that any emotions akin to love died along with them. And I was scared, really scared, to get close to someone again because of how badly it hurts to lose them. But then I met you and I couldn’t help but fall in love with you. You’re the first person that feels something like family to me, which is utterly amazing but also terrifying because I’m so scared of losing you,” I said, the words tumbling from my mouth as my eyes lifted to his. A sense of relief had passed over me when he spoke, but it was elevated now that I was able to speak what was still heavy on my heart after our fight. I had regretted the words as soon as I had spoken them, but there was still an underlying, deeply rooted sense of insecurity that had made the thought cross my mind in the first place.

Cana
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:10 pm

- Alric -

Karra yawns pointedly. "Are we done here? Because I still need to take a bath, and find something to wear."

I elbow her. "Stop being insensitive."

"Sure. As soon as they stop being an inconvenience."

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: The Fallen by Thomas E. Sniegoski and the Emperor's Soul by Brandon Sanderson
Currently Binging: The Star Wars Movie Saga
4 Days Until Star Wars: The Last Jedi
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:22 pm

- Briony -

I blinked at Karra, a bit surprised that they were still standing there. "Uh... Yeah, you can go," I answered a bit softly.

♡♡♡
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:51 pm

- Alric -

"Thank you."

Karra walks off with nary a look back. I give Briony an apologetic glance as I follow her, though I think the Princess should end up being all right.

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: The Fallen by Thomas E. Sniegoski and the Emperor's Soul by Brandon Sanderson
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:01 am

~Pippin~

I watched them leave with a small smile and then turned back to Briony.

"You sure you're ok?" I asked again, still keeping a little bit of distance just in case, "Anything you wanna talk about?"

Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:03 pm

- Briony -

I shook my head, swallowing and realizing how dry and raw my throat had become from screaming so much. I suddenly felt... Embarrassed. "I'm fine," I reassured him, a sudden wave of exhaustion falling over me. "I'm... I'm sorry for causing so much trouble."

♡♡♡
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:58 pm

~Pippin~

"Don't be sorry, it isn't your fault," I reassured her with a calming smile. My voice took on a softer tone as I continued, "I wish I could do more to help you...I hate seeing you so scared."

Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:06 am

~Kiel~
I make eye contact with her as she speaks, seeing the same feelings of anguish, fear, and insecurity that I possessed reflected in her own eyes and my heart shatters. It also made me realize just how lucky I was to have someone who understood the pain of losing other and how much I needed Noelle in my life. I was relieved we could move past the situation and I knew now that it would make our bond even stronger. I continue to gaze into her eyes, brushing back a strand of her hair that was stuck to her cheek.

"It's okay, you don't have to apologize for anything. I'm sorry for how I acted, especially with all that you've been through. I was worried for my family but I shouldn't have taken it out on you like that," I say as I briefly look away, unable to keep my gaze on hers. I take a second to compose myself before looking up to her once more.

"I just want you to know that you'll never have to worry about losing me. I'll always be there for you, no matter what. I'll never leave you. I know it's hard to make claims like that given what it is we're doing right now, but I swear Noelle I will never let you be alone like that again."

boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:34 pm

- Alric -

I swipe the rough towel over my hair, trying to swipe the last of the water out. If only the sun were out. Then I could go outside and get it to dry more quickly.

Honestly, I should probably just be grateful that my hair isn't as long as Karra's. I smirk to myself, fastening the last button of my sleepwear top. I straighten the collar of the shirt, crisping its edges. It's probably pointless, given that I'm going to sleep in this. But doing it buys me a sense of comfort.

Now, bathed and freshly dressed, I gather up my dirty aparrel and walk out of the bathroom. Inside my bedroom, a servant stokes the fireplace before noticing the clothes I bear. "Would you like that taken to the laundromat?"

"That would be nice," I say. The servant puts the poker back up on the mantle of the fireplace, trading that for my clothes. "I'm sorry, by the way."

"Oh? What for?"

"For your position."

"Ah, there's no need to worry about that."

I frown. "It's not right."

"No, it isn't. But there's no need to worry."

I'm not really sure what to say.

Sparks pop out of the fire, which casts a warm light upon the servant's face. They allow me to see that his brown eyes are bright with hope.

"You're Heijiki, aren't you?" he asks. "Most of them have either white or black hair. You've got the former."

"Yes," I say, oddly struck with the need to tread lightly. "I am."

"Then you know. You know that we'll be freed someday."

"Oh," I say. "Yeah, definitely. King Kiel will be sure to undo much of what his father di-"

"No, not by him."

"Then by who -- ?"

"Why, the Liberator, of course."

Ah. Him. The Heijiki extremist that wrote the illegal book Karra carries around. I wouldn't have taken this kindly old man to be someone who advocates a violent terrorist.

"I see," I say.

Try as I may to leave it at that, trodding over to my bed and plopping down, the man continues. "He's been making good progress," he says. "I've heard that he's slowly razing Albirian-controlled fiefs by Foolshold. He's getting closer to the capital."

"He will fail, eventually." All so-called Heijiki revolutionaries do, in their own time.

"Some say that he's been called by the gods to free us."

"Okay, now that has got to be made-up." We have a demigod in our midst. I bet if I asked him, he would deny the Liberator's claim.

The servant shrugs. "I know you're skeptical, young man. But it gives others hope. You can't deny that's a good thing."

I still have many things to say about this, but I choose to keep quiet. It's pointless to argue with someone who obviously isn't going to change their mind.

"There are other rumors," the servant says. "That he has a weapon of dark magic. He started the weapon years ago, but was forced to abandon it. He wants to complete it, and thinks that it could potentially change the tide of the struggle."

"I doubt any weapon is going to be able to defeat the Forevigors, no matter ho-"

I still myself when I remember something. Something from years ago, in a time long past.

"Don't act like you care about his growth and development!" I hear my Mom shriek, upon finding out what my father taught me. "You were just trying to turn him into a weapon!"

"We will need a weapon, in order for us Heijiki to rise up and defeat our oppressors. Don't you see it, Lilla?"

I sit up straighter.

Am I panicking? I know I can sometimes jump to conclusions when I panic. I'm just freaking out, seeing a connection that isn't there.

But thinking back to what Father was like . . .

Father crouched down so that we were at roughly the same height. Not unkindly, he took the figures from me, and set them aside.

"You like to help imaginary people solve problems," Father said. "But what if I told you that you could help real people? What if I told you that you could help me, and in turn, help Heijiki everywhere?"

I was just confused. "Huh?"

Apparently, my confusion had been endearing enough that it made Father smile faintly. "I know you don't completely understand right now. But the Heijiki are suffering right now. I wish to free us all from that suffering. I've been conducting research to help me do that, pushing the limits of magic. I need someone to help me and make sure these new spells work properly. Could you help me? Could you help me with that, Alric?"

'Free' us all from that suffering, he'd said. This man who seeks a weapon calls himself 'the Liberator.'

I push my lips up into a smile, like I'm disinterested in the conversation. "How long has it been? Since he had to abandon his weapon? Now you've got me curious."

"Oh, I think . . . fourteen years, wasn't it? Yeah. Fourteen."

I was five when he left. I'm nineteen now.

Fourteen years.

"Interesting." I say it casually, but I can hear my heart thudding against my chest and taste my fear.

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 78 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 58 ... 78  Next