Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

Latest topics
» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Yesterday at 8:25 pm by Cana

» Irongale Fan Thread!
Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:59 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:55 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:37 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» Rate the Song Above You.
Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:35 pm by WritingBookworm

» Naruto: Will of Fire [RP Thread]
Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:37 pm by WritingBookworm

» Infinity's Row: Untold Stories
Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:26 pm by WritingBookworm

» [APPLICATIONS THREAD] Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:34 am by Sentinel

» Irongale [APPS THREAD!]
Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:58 am by WritingBookworm

October 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]

Page 37 of 50 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 43 ... 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]

Post by WritingBookworm on Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:06 am

- Alric -

She crashes into me so hard that I stagger back a step.

In the moment, I almost don't know what to do. Karra hates hugs, and because I didn't associate with anyone except Karra until a few days ago, I'm out of the habit of embracing others. But I will myself to relax, and trust myself. Both of my arms slip around Briony's waist, holding her closer.

"It's all right," I whisper. I gently stroke the back of her head with my hand, like all of her pain and fears can be eased away. I bend my head down, detecting a whiff of rose in her hair. She's warm, and her heartbeat seems to beat in time with mine. "Everything will be all right, okay? You're safe. I promise."

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: Star Wars: Phasma by Delilah S. Dawson
Currengly Binging: Rick and Morty
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:17 am

- Briony -

His words soothed me like a lullaby. Soon, instead of feeling anxious, I felt...Sleepy. I loosened my embrace around Alric so it wasn't as tight, but still held it, finding that I was now completely relaxed.

"...I like it when you take care of me," I heard myself say sleepily, echoing what he had said to me so tenderly in the nightmare I had just moments earlier.

- I don't know where you're going, but do you got room for one more troubled soul?
I don't know where I'm going, but I don't think I'm coming home -
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:26 am

- Alric -

"Huh?" I peer down at her quizzically. That's an odd comment.

But it's not unwelcome. My face eases into a smile, and I gently massage the small of her back. "Good thing, then. Because I like taking care of you."

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:25 am

~Kiel~
Having been lost in my thoughts, I blink in surprise as I see Noelle wading into the bathtub. Subconsciously, I adjust my position to make more room for her as her words hit my ears. A small, tired smile graces my cheeks as she praises me, though it's more forced than anything. I appreciate her sentiment; she was always trying to build me up and boost my morale. As much as I hated to admit it, I needed that more than ever right now.

I run a hand through my damp, black hair and flick the excess moisture off, watching as the small drops make contact with the tub water and ripple outward before slowly fading. Completing the motion, I move my hand over to hers, gently locking fingers and rubbing the back of her palm with my thumb.

"Honestly, I'm not doing much of anything. We've been going off of other people's decisions for almost the entire journey. I haven't had to do much in that regard. Though truthfully, simply making decisions on where to travel next would be easier than the feeling I have of being responsible for everyone here. Being the eldest son, ruling is something that's been ingrained in me practically from birth. This. . . this feeling and realization that everyone's lives are being put at stake on a daily basis? Noelle, that's nothing I've been prepared for.'" I admit, my eyes drifting from the now still water of the bath to meet hers.

"Father never spoke of the lives behind the subjects, the story behind all the people he ruled. I don't want to be like him; I want to know the story of everyone I'm responsible for. But now that I've been here with these people and heard some of their stories. . . I'm so scared. Scared of failing them, scared of losing the people around me. Everyone here has something they're fighting for and people have put their faith in me and all I want is for them to be able to win that fight."

I sigh again, leaning my head back against the tub so my gaze was resting on the ceiling. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get rid of those thoughts in my mind. Of Briony and her nightmare of an encounter with the demigod. Of Pippin getting stabbed as he foolishly, yet consistently rushes at enemies. Of the promise I made to Karra and Alric. Of everyone constantly fighting on a quest that was really only of benefit to us siblings in order to restore our father.

"I don't know, there's just so much going on and I know so much of it is beyond my capability of keeping under control. So I'm trying to be okay with stepping back, I really am. But I'm worried if I'm not there, someone will get hurt. And their blood will be on my hands. . ."

boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:24 am

- Atticus -

I looked on from the door, wondering why it was so relieving to me that the princess was now so calm. I felt a gut-wrenching guilt when I had seen her so destroyed, and now, she was at peace again...

Still. Ivelore would punish me if I let Alric near her for too long. His visions seemed to push her even closer to the people he wanted her free from, but I knew the dark wizard was smarter than that.

I knew he had bigger plans.

Get away from him now. This is wrong for you to do.

Briony pulled herself away from Alric, suddenly alert, wearing an expression of embarrassment. "Sorry," she said sheepishly. "That was improper of me."

- I don't know where you're going, but do you got room for one more troubled soul?
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:31 pm

~Pippin~

I watched their interaction, head tilting in confusion. She seemed so calm for a second but now she was jumping and tense again. I wanted nothing more than to wrap her in my arms and comfort her but I didn't want her to pull away from me again.

I wrapped my arms around my waist, trying to hide how my fingers were still shaking and spoke in a soft voice so I didn't freak her out, "How're you feeling now?"

Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:44 pm

- Karra -

"Don't worry about it," Alric says. "I wouldn't be concerned about propriety in a time of emotional crisis."

While Alric's focused on Briony, I'm not. All I see is Pippin, trying to compress any emotion he may feel. Alric may not have noticed the shaking in the prince's hands, I sure have.

So what am I supposed to do? Point it out? He wouldn't want that. Comfort him? But I'm terrible at comforting. For now, I just don't say anything.

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cana on Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:36 pm

~Noelle~
"I don't think that's something you can be prepared for, Kiel. The very concern for the people is the thing that separates you from your father and, resultantly, sets you up to be a far better ruler than he ever was."

I pause, my free hand sliding over the length of my hair as I thought of how to phrase my thoughts; my eyes slipped over the water, searching for the words to properly convey my feelings before landing on Kiel once again.

"Although we can help and encourage people to win their battles, the ending is ultimately reliant on their actions because it's their own battle. . .  You can help as best as you can, but you can't win it for them. People are going to be hurt when it's time for them to be hurt. There's little that can be done to change that, or prevent it from happening. And bearing the burden of their lives will only ruin your own. . . It’s impossible to save everyone,” I said, lips curving downward into a frown as I recounted my own personal losses. The pain of losing my loved ones - first my mother, then my father, and finally my grandmother - was still raw and painful(as I expected it to be for the duration of my life), but I had finally made peace with it and moved forward only a few weeks ago. My frown deepened as I took in the tired look on his face, the dark circles under his eyes, and the overall weariness that tinted his existence.

I released a breath and sunk a bit further into the water, the ends of my hair floating upward and shimmering like liquid silver. My hand lifted upwards to tenderly stroke Kiel’s hair, hoping to offer some type of comfort through my touch. Gently, my hand slid downward to cradle his jaw and gingerly turn his head to face my own.

“I suppose what I’m saying is to not blame yourself when others get hurt, or feel like it’s your responsibility to make sure everyone gets a happy ending. Doing so is an impossible task and endlessly pursuing it will only end up irrevocably hurting you. Sometimes, it’s best to let things run their natural course,” I said, my voice soft.

“And I… I hate seeing you like this, Kiel,” I said earnestly, voice quieting as I spoke.

Cana
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:06 pm

- Briony -

I turned towards my brother, noting his saddened mannerisms and closed-off body language. My heart plummeted, knowing that I had just hurt him. "I'm... I'm okay," I answered him with a small but reassuring smile. "It was just a nightmare."

Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:26 pm

~Pippin~

I can feel my chest loosen as she smiles at me, and I return it. She wasn't afraid of me, she didn't hate me. She was just scared, "I'm sorry, sis. It must've been pretty bad. I'm just glad you're ok."

I could see Kara looking at me from the corner of my eye and tried to relax a little, letting my shoulders and hands fall to look a bit more normal.

Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 50 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 43 ... 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top