Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

November 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]

Page 27 of 64 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 45 ... 64  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]

Post by WritingBookworm on Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:00 pm

- Alric -

My first instinct, after arriving back at camp, is to find Briony and make sure she's okay after what she went through. I was so focused on teaching Direnu a lesson that I didn't think to check up on her welfare. That's another mistake to add to my already-endless list.

Instead, I find Karra sitting on the ground, her back reclined against the back of a tree. She holds a thick time in between her thumb and pinkie finger. The book's aged, but I can still make out a title. It's that one illegal book she brought: A Commentary on Heijiki Slavery.

"That's a banned book," I say. "You shouldn't be reading that out in the open."

Karra guffaws. "I've stolen, killed, threatened to murder more than one person in the group, and insulted a demigod, and you draw the line at reading a book?"

"That book was written by a psychopath that burns out the eyes of Albirians. I don't want you reading it."

"You may be my brother, Alric, but you're not my parent."

I sigh, deciding to drop it. I have something more concerning to talk to her about.

I squat down next to her, dropping my voice. "Direnu. I don't want you going anywhere near him."

"What did I just tell you about not being my parent?"

"I'm serious, Karra."

"So am I."

"He's lustful. He just . . . he went after someone," I say, doing my best to keep Briony in confidence while also stressing the severity of the situation to Karra. "I don't want that happening to you, too."

"Doesn't he only go after Albirian women? I'm a Heijiki. I'm safe. You're overreacting."

"If you'd seen what I'd seen, you'd -- "

Karra finally looks up from her book and snaps it shut, thoroughly annoyed. She takes my hand, leading us out of ear and out of sight.

"I'm much less willing to tolerate overprotective brothers than the princess is," Karra says once she's confirmed we're alone. "Especially if said older brother is being overprotective for no good reason."

"'No good reason?' I think your safety counts as a very good reason."

"Don't you get it? I'm the safest girl in this group! I'm great at seducing men, telling them sweet nothings. Want a one-night stand? I'm your girl. But once men actually get to know me, they run. So yes, I'm the safest girl in the group, because who'd ever want me?"

I'm not really sure what to say. Karra sounds so casual, like she doesn't give a crap about this issue. But there's something different in her demeanor that makes me believe that she does give a crap about this. "Karra?"

"I mean, it's not like I actually blame them," Karra says, as though this is all just a joke to her. "I don't make it easy for men -- or people in general -- to like me. But still, I can't help but remember something that Briony said to her brother. Y'know, at the time I lashed out at Kiel. I doubt she thought much of it when she said it, and she didn't think I heard it, but I have great hearing. Do you want to know what she said?"

"Karra -- "

"She told Pippin that it was a good thing you were so attractive, otherwise she would have suggested they leave me behind." She busts out laughing, loud enough for someone on the opposite side of the world to hear. "I don't think she meant too much by it, but it still highlights a truth. You're the asset they want. I'm just the price they have to pay."

I stare at her, all thoughts of Direnu permanently dissolving. Is she . . . really this insecure? I had no idea. I don't think even she herself knew.

But now that Karra's on this train of thought, she's not getting off. "I had a conversation with Kiel. I told him that once you're gone, I'll have no one. I'd be done for. So you probably shouldn't die anytime soon, otherwise I might just lose it for real."

"I'm not going to die," I say, my voice more subdued, more hushed than usual. "I told you I'd never leave you to be alone."

"Why, though? Why do you insist on keeping that promise? Why do you put up with me? Just because I'm your sister?"

"Look at my relationship with Dad," I say. "Blood means nothing." And now that I know she's falling into an abyss of despair, deeper than I ever would have imagined, I try to reach out a hand to her, so I can save her before the abyss consumes her. "I look after you because I love you, Karra. And what Briony said? That was before she got to know you more. You can find people who care in Irongale, I promise."

"Do they care about me? Or do they care about what I do for them? There's such a fine line."

"Just build the relationships with them, do just a bit more work," I say desperately. "Even if the worst happens to me, you're destined to be a part of Irongale. That means the group would have to accept you --"

Oh. Oh Gods. I screwed up big time.

Still smiling that haphazard smile, Karra lifts her eyebrows.

"They'd have to accept me," she says, before I can amend my statement. "Right. Of course."

She marches away, rolling her eyes and shaking her head to herself.

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: Hunted by Megan Spooner
Currengly Binging: Stranger Things
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:08 pm

~Kiel~
I walk over to her, place a hand under her chin, and tilt her head up so I could look her in the face. Seeing her so disheveled, so broken when she was usually so strong and confident made my heart break. No matter what I did, I could never undo what happened to her. I could only let her know that everything would be okay moving forward.

"Good," I say simply as I lower my hand and dig the toe of my boot into the dirt.

"You're strong, much stronger than anyone gives you credit for and much stronger than I wish you had to be. I wish you didn't have to get caught up in all of this, that you could just live a normal, peaceful life. So even though I know you can take care of yourself, I'll never stop looking out for you. I'll always be there to help, whether you want me to or not."

I stop talking then and simply pull her into a hug, figuring actions would speak louder than words. "I love you, sis. Always will."

~Irene~
"That'd be great, thanks!" I say as I finally get a stake hammered into the ground. Pitching a tent was a lot harder than it looked. . .

boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:13 pm

~Pippin~

I chuckled and reached up to bend a pole over and attach it to another before pulling the cloth over the top, "Have you camped before?"

Give thanks <3
Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:31 am

- Briony -

I settled into my brother's embrace, tears pricking at my eyes. "I... I love you too, Kiel," I answered him quietly, trying to keep my voice from trembling.

But for how long will you love me?

♡♡♡
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:27 pm

- Karra -

My parents may not have been kings and queens, but no one can deny they were great in their own right.

My mother was a revolutionary. While she ultimately settled down and focused on raising me and Alric, she was never gentle. She was shrewd, and fierce, and inspired Heijiki slaves to revolt against their masters.

I arrive at the camp before Alric, quiet for once.

My father was a genius. As terrible as he was to Alric, no one could deny that he revolutionized dark magic.

I sit down in front of the fire, just a foot away. I hold my hand out to be warmed. Though I feel the thick heat, I still don't feel warmed.

Alric, like Mom and Dad, has a way of demanding respect.

Where does this leave me? Compared to them, what am I?

I sigh, bringing my legs up to my chest. I lay my weary head upon my knees. Almost forlornly, I glance around the camp, from Pippin and Irene to Noelle.

Who would actually want me here?

Since when do I care?

My eyes go from Noelle to Atticus. And as I see Atticus, a thought occurs.

Most people have assumed the worst in Atticus. I'm one of them. But . . . I swear, I did see him looking sympathetic.

What if we're more alike than I'd thought ? What if, like me, there's something softer in him underneath the prickles and thorns?

An idea begins to form.

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:15 pm

~Irene~
"Nope, never! Well, I lived in Kuoppa Village in the forest, but I wouldn't really call that camping. We didn't live in tents or anything like this."

~Kiel~
I let her go after a few moments, offering a small smile in an attempt to cheer her up. "Besides. . . that situation, how are you doing? Are you enjoying yourself on this journey? Or at least as much as you can given we're trying to stop the world from ending and all that?" I ask with a light chuckle.

boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:53 pm

~Pippin~

"Yeah you need a tent to be camping, it's a fundamental part!" I agreed with a laugh, "I wouldn't call what we did with the old man camping, either. After long hunts we would set up camp but it was way too fancy. I did manage to sneak a tent and go out with Kiel and Briony once when we were little, though."

Give thanks <3
Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:26 pm

- Briony -

"Are you kidding?" I laughed. "This is the most excited I've ever been in my life. It might not all be fun, but... At least I'm not confined to the castle. That's all I can ask for."

♡♡♡
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:41 pm

- Karra -

I glance between Atticus and the fire, at a loss for what to do. Then I decide to stand up and make my way over to him. I'll have to find out sooner or later whether or not he suspects what I did.

"The Princess has been gone for a while," I comment. "As has His Majesty. I'm almost starting to get a little concerned."

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:05 am

~Kiel~
Her smile and laughter were infectious and I soon find myself mimicking her joyous demeanor as I lightly ruffle her hair. "I'm glad you get to see the world, even if it is in such dire circumstances. I know it's been rough for you these past few years. . . I'm almost glad this happened, in kind of a sick and twisted way, you know? We get to spend some time together and go out and see so many wonderful things," I say, my mind drifting back to some of the many adventures we already had in such a short time.

"And we've gotten to meet so many interesting people. It's been. . . fun. Surprisingly."

~Irene~
"Awww that sounds cute! I'm sure that must have been fun! I'm not going to lie, I'm reeeeally going to miss that bed from the estate we were at. But camping will be a nice experience, I guess!"

boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 64 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 45 ... 64  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top