Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

Latest topics
July 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]

Page 25 of 29 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]

Post by WritingBookworm on Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:18 am

- Alric -

"Thank you," I say to Noelle, rising up to my feet. If the fire was essentially taken care of, then what else was there to do?

I could help Briony bring back some of the water canteens, I think. And besides, remembering Karra and I's conversation, I can't risk her being alone with Atticus.

"I'll be back in a second," I say, excusing myself and setting off into the thick of the trees.

Branches snap under the weight of my feet, the chilly wind nipping at my skin. I shiver; Briony had said it wouldn't be too cold, right? Perhaps I'm just too vulnerable to bitter, frosty winds, but I hope it doesn't get much chillier than this . . .

I hear something plop into the river. Something heavy, like a canteen.

The noise prompts me to turn. Assuming that's the direction she's in, I stroll toward the direction of the noise, and . . .

And that's Kiel.

I sprint to the scene, arriving in seconds. For a moment, I actually think that it's Atticus nearby Kiel and Briony, who's quickly throwing on a shirt. But the skin's too golden, the hair too dark. Direnu. I'd known he thought he was entitled, but this . . .

No.

No.

Absolutely not.

Direnu needs to learn. I have a great teaching method.

Making the decision, I step out of the shadows after Kiel attacks him. I have a palm pointed at Direnu, ready to demonstrate exactly how much Father taught me.

"Direnu," I say, keeping my voice calm, even. "Would you mind telling me exactly what you were doing?" The beginnings of a smile creep up on one side of my face. "I'm rather curious."

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: After Dark by Haruki Murakami
Currengly Binging: Basically every Disney movie ever
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:19 am

- Briony -

His eyes narrowed briefly, and for a moment, I was scared that the fight would continue. But after a few tense seconds, Direnu turned to Alric, speaking tightly: "We all have some sort of evil within us."

"Kiel...," I began, speaking as gently as I could.

- I don't know where you're going, but do you got room for one more troubled soul?
I don't know where I'm going, but I don't think I'm coming home -
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:26 am

~Kiel~
I glance over my shoulder at Briony and shake my head slightly, stepping even farther in front of her so she was completely shielded by my body. I didn't want her getting involved in whatever this was that was happening. I would handle this. I had no fear of this demigod, regardless of what he claimed he could do. I would stop at nothing, slay anybody in my way to keep her protected.

"You're right. We all have some evil within us. But you? You're the worst, most disgusting thing I have ever seen. The most vile soul I have ever encountered. And my father's a racist, so that's saying something.

"You have directed your evil on the wrong person, Direnu," I spit the name as if it left a bad taste in my mouth. "I don't think you realize just how idiotic you are. . ."

boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:30 am

- Alric -

That makes me pause. It makes me reconsider, briefly.

We all have some sort of evil inside us. I've always been set against not being like my dad. That's why I swore to myself I would never use dark magic unless the situation was serious. Is this serious enough to warrant dark magic? The situation seems to be resolved now.

Seems to be, I remind myself. I know he has a special taste for Albirian women, but seeing this display still has me paranoid. What if he decides other women are suitable enough for him?

What if he were to ever go after Karra?

I want to tell myself no. That no man in their right mind would go after Karra. There's truth to that.

But if I had the chance to stop it before the situation got out of hand, and didn't take it, I couldn't forgive myself.

So I decide to do it.

"I don't think he does realize it," I say quietly to Kiel, after he's finished. He has to realize it.

I twist my wrist to the side, and inflict Direnu with pain.

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:40 am

- Briony -

I grimaced, thinking that Direnu was going to attack. But no anger crossed his face; in fact, it was rather neutral. It was almost as though a part of him knew that Kiel was right, as though his words were just recycled. After centuries of being alive, I'm sure you see everything. Hear everything.

"No whelp such as her is worthy of love. The same women who took my mother away from me... They are all just bodies." He was staring directly at me, coldness creeping over his expression.

You don't mean that. I gazed right back at him, stepping up closer behind Kiel. Behind this half-god, there was a scared and motherless child - something all of us standing here could understand. You're just hurt.

Suddenly, his face twisted in agony, and his golden aura faded away. I winced as he groaned and fell to the grass, now appearing as nothing more than a regular human.

"You," he breathed, whipping towards Alric with fury in his eyes. "What did you do?"

- I don't know where you're going, but do you got room for one more troubled soul?
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:49 am

- Alric -

His golden aura. It's gone.

"Making sure you know what happens if you try something like that again," I say simply. I shake my head. The aura's disappearance can't be a permanent thing, can it? He's a demigod. I'm just me. I couldn't have done anything long-lasting to him. "It was just a little pain." It was just that, wasn't it? That's all it was meant to be.

Did I do something wrong?

My gut churns, nausea filling my mouth. I clutch my stomach, trying to keep the bile in. "Just a lesson," I say, convincing not only him, but convincing myself. I did a good thing, didn't I? "I . . . I have a sister to protect."

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:57 am

- Direnu -

Fuck. The last of my powers must've gotten sealed away when I gave into my lust for the young Forevigor. I stared at my hands, grimacing at how dull and powerless they looked. And in that moment, I could feel... Pain. Actual pain.

For the first time in my life, I felt disgusted with myself. Not because I was now deemed a mortal, but because of what I had attempted just moments earlier. That was the daughter of... The woman I failed to protect.

I staggered up to my feet, shaking my head in disbelief. "I didn't think our fates would be tied...," I then admitted, my tone not nearly as harsh as it was before. I stole a glance at the Forevigor siblings. "Especially not after what I couldn't do for Genevieve."

Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:01 am

~Kiel~
My rage falters slightly upon hearing the name of our mother, but I quickly shake it off. I wasn't ready to let him off the hook just yet, not after the shit he just pulled.

"How do you know her?" I ask, though my glare is still intensely upon him.

boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:02 am

- Alric -

I can't look at Direnu. Some of the panic from before is receding, like a wave, but I still can't look at Direnu after what I did. After hearing their mother's name, I don't feel like it's appropriate for me to be here. But I'm not sure if it's appropriate to leave, either. So I keep quiet, and listen.

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:09 am

- Direnu -

Part of me wanted to be insulting, to be biting, to be cold – but in that moment, I knew better. I knew better than to enrage the son of James Forevigor even further.

"As hateful as I am towards Albirian women, I protected the women of her family for centuries. They had... A special power. A god-given power that many others wanted to destroy."

She was the first mortal who nearly moved me with her kindness, I then thought, thinking back on the young mother with a twinge of regret in my heart. There was no romance or lust... Just comfort and respect. I respected her, but not enough, I suppose.

Not enough to be able to keep her alive.

Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 29 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top