Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

Latest topics
» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:25 pm by Cana

» Irongale Fan Thread!
Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:59 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:55 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:37 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» Rate the Song Above You.
Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:35 pm by WritingBookworm

» Naruto: Will of Fire [RP Thread]
Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:37 pm by WritingBookworm

» Infinity's Row: Untold Stories
Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:26 pm by WritingBookworm

» [APPLICATIONS THREAD] Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:34 am by Sentinel

» Irongale [APPS THREAD!]
Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:58 am by WritingBookworm

October 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional

Page 34 of 37 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:35 pm

Gretchen wanted to continue giving Lucille the cold shoulder for ignoring her, but turned her head anyway.

"Birdman took you Maine? His tech-thing must be pretty advance."
Lady Senbonzakura
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:02 pm

- Lucille -

"A device?"

"The Falconer had some sort of teleportation instrument," Maxwell speaks up. I think I detect bitterness in his voice when he adds, "That was how he got away so quickly."

- Kendall -

"It was just a toy gun. You were nowhere near dying." Not wanting to look at 'Lord Evil,' I take Sophia by the hand and lead her away from the scene. "Let's just get out of here."

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: Star Wars: Phasma by Delilah S. Dawson
Currengly Binging: Rick and Morty
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sentinel on Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:39 am

(Keep moving along the tunnel, Shayla. Foxtrot's goons aren't going to be able to follow after you, but that doesn't mean you're in the clear. Go down a few yards, then take a left. There'll be a ventilation grate. Open that. You'll be in another hallway, but not the one Vincent and the rest of the team are in. Not yet.)

~Vincent~

With nowhere else to go, I began to lead the team down our side of the hallway. Oddly enough, I didn't see anyone else coming our way. I wasn't sure if that was good, or bad. This whole situation felt even more trappish than I thought.

At the end of the hallway was a set of double-doors. They seemed to be unlocked, but there weren't any windows showing what was on the other side. I began to feel a bit queasy - like I was getting motion sickness. Whatever was on the other side, it probably wasn't going to be fun.

I looked at my team. "Any suggestions? I can't really tell what we'll be walking into here."

On a moonless night / In a soulless place
The battle begins / For the s k e l e t o n  r a c e
Wanna see my pog collection?
Site Rules | Banner Submission | IR | Evergreen
Sentinel
Administrator
Administrator

http://ccforums.wikia.com/wiki/Sentinel_Hub

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:08 am

"I'm afraid I can't tell, either," Empathy said. "Unless I can make one of the guards tell us what's on the other side, the only way to find out will be to take a peek inside."

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: Star Wars: Phasma by Delilah S. Dawson
Currengly Binging: Rick and Morty
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:18 pm

(Shayla, Eric wanted me to wingman for him so I'm just going to tell you that he's flaming hot, educated, very wealthy, is about 6'1" tall with the proportions downstairs matching, and most of all, very modest. How can you resist such a perfect guy?)

"The blame rests on me..." Slade groaned as he sat up, "If I hadn't been so stupid and gotten myself hurt, we could have saved you and both been present to fight Daikaiju. Instead..."

The blonde sighed. He lowered his head and rubbed his forehead, deep in thought.
"I'm sorry. This is all my fault."

"You're not to blame." Annie interjected before anybody else can say a word. "It's me you should all be looking at."

She didn't make eye contact with the others, instead opting to stare at her injured leg. It served as a reminder for her arrogance.
"You acted bravely, immediately intervening to save a teammate and a friend. Lucille is both those things to me, yet I stood back and watched. Furthermore, Gretchen can testify how much of a dead weight I was fighting... that monster."

---

Sophia blinked as they walked out the doors. Everything seemed to happen so fast.
"W-what? How did that happen?? I thought we did everything right!"

---

Seeing the others entering the passageway, Eric tentatively backed into it, keeping his eyes on the hallway until he was in.
"Let's hope this tunnel leads to the exit. I've had enough of this place."

Thank you so much ~Hermione~ for the awesome signature!
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:28 pm

Gretchen scoffed at Annie.

"If you were a dead weight, I was ten dead weights."
Lady Senbonzakura
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Lionheart on Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:01 pm

~ Shayla ~

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. I hope he gave you enough money for that promo. Oh, wait, he's not a real person.

"Don't lag behind," I call to the others. Keeping my hand along the left side of the passage, I jog until I come to the turn and then I stop before the vent. "Through here."

⌠ Anaphora Fan Thread ⌡ × ⌠ Anaphora: Entropy ⌡ × ⌠ My Shop ⌡ × ⌠ Forum Rules ⌡ × ⌠ versen ver ♥ ⌡
Athena Lionheart
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

http://creativitycenter.forumotion.com/t869-applications-thread-

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:47 am

(He's as real as you are.

Anyway, now he says that you're ugly and he was never interested in you in the first place. Says you "missed out on a really good chance" along with a string of profanities.)

Slade tried to smile, but it was obviously fake.
"I'm sure that's not true."

Annie shook her head.
"I foolishly got within arms reach of the monster in a misguided attempt to capture it. You weren't dead weight, you were too busy trying to keep an idiot like me alive. I wasn't thinking, my mind turned off the moment that thing appeared. And for that..."

She paused. The words were difficult to say.
"...and for that, I apologize."

---

Eric caught up to Shayla, taking note of the small ventilation shaft.

"Alright, if we're gonna be crawling through here, only rule is that I get to be behind Shayla or Valerie. Besides that, anything goes."

Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:22 am

"Hey now!" Gretchen exclaimed, "You can't apologize to me. I haven't apologized to you yet!"
Lady Senbonzakura
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:48 pm

"You don't have to." Annie replied. "I think there's something you all should know."

She finally turned and looked at the others, to address them properly. Part of her didn't want to say what she was about to say. But she knew it had to be said. They'd only known each other a week, but after that day, it felt like a year. She was ready to trust them.

"Two years ago..." she began, forcing herself to relive the painful memories, "...I had a brother. Well, I've always had him. He was a few years older than me, and he was kind, caring, and gentle. I'd say he practically raised me."

She swallowed hard, hey eyes wide and beginning to water, and continued.

"He's not here anymore. He was killed by that monster when it attacked the science institute where he worked. I never had a chance to say goodbye."

The blonde sniffled, holding back the urge to cry.
"That's how I became this way. That's why I froze up when I saw the monster." Her voice began to crack a bit. "I'm sorry to make you hear all that, but I just t-thought you should know..."

Slade had obviously been deeply affected by her story. He looked shocked, sorrowful, and empathetic upon hearing it, and looked continually more upset as it progressed, leaning forward and staring at the floor by the end of it. She didn't have to describe what she was feeling- he knew.

In the silence afterwards, he stood up from his bed and sat down on the side of hers, so he could be next to her.
"Annie..." he began, calmly and tenderly. "I'm so, so, sorry. I know what it's like to go through something like that. I just want you to know that... if you need a shoulder to lean on, I'll always try and be there for you. As much as I can."

With that, he leaned over and wrapped his arms around her, surprisingly bringing her into a deep and warm embrace, and hugging her tightly.

The hug took Annie by complete surprise. A variety of emotions came over her- she couldn't describe them all. She couldn't remember being hugged since Leonard was alive. A few tears escaped her eyes, quickly being soaked up by Slade's shirt. She had time to embarrassed later- for now, it had finally dawned on her that she could move past Leonard. That she could count on Slade, Gretchen and Lucille as companions, friends... even the family she no longer had.

"Thank you..." was all she could utter, her voice barely more than high pitched squeak at this point.

Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 37 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top