Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

Latest topics
» Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Yesterday at 10:55 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Yesterday at 3:22 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» Infinity's Row: Untold Stories
Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:13 pm by WritingBookworm

» Naruto: Will of Fire [Applications Thread]
Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:14 am by WritingBookworm

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:48 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Irongale Fan Thread!
Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:06 pm by WritingBookworm

» Harwell's Fan Thread!
Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:05 pm by Comrade Squid

» Seoulite[SGRP]
Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:33 pm by Kane

» The World of Swords [SGRPG] [FULL]
Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:38 am by Hero of Time

September 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional

Page 29 of 33 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:52 pm

Gretchen let out a long sigh of relief as it became quiet.

"Well," she commented, somewhat casually, "we're all going to school that's trying to train us to become superheros, so I think you can make the argument that we're all stupid."

~~~~~~~

"Have a good day, sir."

The magician pulled out the chain-link braclet again, and began wrapping it around his finger absently. He smiled slightly once he heard the elder's steps and breath fade away from the continually increasing distance.

Good luck finding the Headmaster's office in the medical wing, "old friend."
Lady Senbonzakura
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:22 pm

Lightbringer scoured the city, but to no avail, until she found a trail of debris. That could have only been caused by Daikaiju.

A thunderous splash sounded in the Hudson River. She whipped her head around and flew over, hovering over it, poised to strike.

- Lucille -

It's only after the dust's settled that I register that Annie's hurt. "Are you all right?" I ask. Then I cringe. That's a stupid question. Of course she's not all right.

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
Currengly Binging: Seraph of the End
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:39 pm

Small waves were sent out by the sheer force of the splash, and the water foamed and steamed from the heat of the creature. But it did not surface. The river calmed, with no movement visible underneath the surface.

---

Annie nodded half-heartedly to Lucille's question.

"Yeah..."

The blonde looked over her newly arrived friend. Physically, she looked okay, but something in her eyes said she'd had a rough time while she was away.

And I get the feeling I'm not going to find out what it was. At least, not from her.

"What about you?" She asked in reply, strangely serene for the situation. "What happened?"

It's worth a shot.

---

A young woman of Asian descent, dressed in business attire, overlooked the carnage in the street below from the top of a building. There was significant damage to the bank, but it was mostly intact. The road in front had been torn up, with ruined cars and debris littered everywhere. The students weren't far, one was injured and laying down but the rest appeared to be fine beyond bruises and scrapes.

Finally, her eyes fell on the Martial. Tired, but alive. She raised a phone to her ear and waited for the line to connect before speaking.

"Partial success. Nobody entered the bank, but the target survived. Daikaiju escaped into the river."

---

Sophia's eyes fell back on the mysterious figure on the other side of the street. He reached up and scratched the back of his head before entering the Albany Central Bank, with a brown burlap sack in one hand and... some kind of weapon holstered at his side!

"I'm gonna follow this guy, okay?" She commented to the rest of the squad, mainly Loretta and Kendall. "If anything, I'd bet he's more dangerous than Nightscape and... whatever that other one was called."

She crossed the street and entered the bank's parking lot.

(I'll wrap up this subplot real quickly once Mission B gets back on the road)

Thank you so much ~Hermione~ for the awesome signature!
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:57 pm

When Daikaiju didn't resurface, Lightbringer plunged herself into the water, taking a good look around. It was hard to see, with the pollution making the water murky. But she couldn't sense it around, either.

Lightbringer would keep looking for Daikaiju, without a doubt. It had threatened the lives of her students in a way that nothing else had in years. But she, despite her generous helping of superpowers, was not omniscient. So she had a feeling she wouldn't be able to find Daikaiju today.

- Lucille -

"I got taken. Lightbringer brought me back." I look around for Slade, wondering if maybe I'd just missed him in the chaos of the fight. He's still nowhere to be found. "Where's Slade?"

- Kendall -

"Wait!" I call, going after Sophia. She shouldn't be going alone.

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:41 pm

Gretchen sighed, shifting towards Lucille slightly, as if she wanted to reach out and grab her, "He..got hurt.." She confessed, a bit hesitantly, "..trying to save you."
Lady Senbonzakura
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:54 pm

- Lucille -

I close my eyes. First Lance. Now Slade. God, he is like my brother.

"He shouldn't have," I say huskily. I should just be grateful that Slade didn't die. As long as Slade's still alive, I can make up for endangering him. "Is he . . . how bad was it? Is he back at the hotel? Is there anyone treating him?"

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:29 am

"He's..well, he's not fantastic." Gretchen turned back to Annie momentarily, then back to Lucille, as if she couldn't decide who needed her attention more, "Sentinel is with him. I don't know about any treatment. I've been here."
Lady Senbonzakura
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sentinel on Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:55 am

Lady Senbonzakura wrote:"Sentinel is with him."

(Wait what

OH the character. Okay, let's see if I can find my post)

(Well fuck. Okay, I'll just type it up again from scratch)

~Vincent~

It all happened so fast.

I could feel it first, before I saw it. It felt as if space itself was beginning to tear around us. The floor between our group began to expand outwards, along with the walls, widening the hallway we were in.

"What the hell..." I started, before a harrowing thought crossed my mind - they were trying to cut us off somehow. Yet I struggled to figure out how they were going to do it, until...

I looked at the spot where the floor was expanding from - a thin blue line glowed, marking where the expansion started. It would have been impossible to stand on or cross, given the way space seemed to be bending away from it.

I supposed it was a good thing that nobody tried, because after a few seconds the blue line suddenly gave way to a thick concrete wall, causing a huge "whoosh" of energy and splitting me, Empathy, Fiachra & Lachtna, Alexander, and Hunter from the rest of our group. Which, of course, meant Valerie, Shayla, the Scathan twins, Summer, Damien, and Eric were stuck on the other side.

...We had a problem.
Sentinel
Administrator
Administrator

http://ccforums.wikia.com/wiki/Sentinel_Hub

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:53 am

(Not gonna lie, it confused me the first few times, too XD)

Fiachra yelped slightly when he felt the force of the wall go up behind him. He instinctively reached out for his twin, worried they had become separated, and let put a sigh of relief when he could touch Lachtna.

The Martins looked around at the rest of the group, trying to take note of who they were still with.

"Wait..Adair and Riada..."
Lady Senbonzakura
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:17 pm

"It looked like he'd broken a rib or something," Annie chimed in, "but I'm not an expert."

Everything had gotten so quiet, so quickly. The thunder of battle had filled the streets just minutes before but now that the thing had left, and with Lightbringer hot in pursuit, everything had calmed as the few left standing quietly surveyed the damage. Lucille had returned without much fuss, the bank robbery had been foiled, and nobody died.

And yet Annie felt unaccomplished. She'd always had a feeling of emptiness within, or at least ever since Leon had died, but this time it truly resounded. She had become aware- something woke up inside her, not like a feeling of joy, but rather a gnawing pain.

Nobody celebrated. Normally, Slade would be there to make them all cheer up or see the bright side of things. But his absence left a hole in their party.

She looked up at Gretchen and Lucille, looking for answers.

"...what happens now?" She asked, her voice weary and tired. At that moment, she needed to rest. And then it would be time to formulate a new plan.

---

Sophia stopped at the bank's entrance, waiting for Kendall to catch up. She quickly became eager.

"Watch how quickly we become Gammas after we take this guy down!" She exclaimed, but quiet enough as to not draw attention. "We'll be heroes!"

---

Eric jumped back when the wall went up. It was a flurry- he could hardly react to the distortion of reality before they were separated.

He approached the wall, and tried to punch it with his steel-plated fist. No effect. He cursed himself before turning around to face the rest of the group, addressing them all in a harsh and overbearing tone.

"Alright, looks like I'll have to take charge of you snot-nosed brats while we're separated from the squad leader. Any questions?"

Thank you so much ~Hermione~ for the awesome signature!
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 33 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top