Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

Latest topics
» Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Yesterday at 10:22 pm by Sentinel

» Naruto: Will of Fire [RP Thread]
Yesterday at 8:04 pm by boyhoy

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Yesterday at 2:43 pm by WritingBookworm

» Irongale Fan Thread!
Yesterday at 12:09 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» Harwell's Institute: Resonance
Yesterday at 1:21 am by WritingBookworm

» Winter Night
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:54 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» Harwell's Fan Thread!
Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:13 pm by Comrade Squid

» [APPLICATIONS THREAD] Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:36 pm by WritingBookworm

» Infinity's Row: Untold Stories
Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:41 pm by Michael DeathFlame

December 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional

Page 27 of 49 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 38 ... 49  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional

Post by Comrade Squid on Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:57 pm

The attack was an immediate success- the combined effect of Gretchen's ribbons and the Martial's attack from behind was enough to knock down Daikaiju. The beast fell forward, crashing into the pavement and asphalt with great force, letting out a small roar of surprise as its head collapsed onto the ground.

Seeing the monster splayed out and immobile, Annie saw her chance and ran forward. She got onto the ground in front of, putting her hands to the battered pavement and preparing to generate crystals around its wrists and ankles. She was tired, delirious, and still coughing up dust, but she had just enough energy left for this.

Daikaiju's head turned slightly towards her. It blinked, flashing its red eyes. The blonde could feel the warmth of its breath on her face. Its head alone was almost as tall as her.

Is this... is this what he felt in his last moments? Is this what Leonard saw before he died?

A feeling of dread stirred within her when she noticed it began to move slightly....

...she was too close.

Annie barely had time to react before it swung out one of its enormous arms, swiping it across the ground and clawing at her. She dived away, unable to create any crystals and felt excruciating pain as one of its clawed fingers pierced her suit and dug into her lower leg. The sheer force of it arms caused her to tumble several feet, rolling on the ground until finally stopping.

The monster, by this point, had gotten onto its hands and feet, adopting a quadrupedal stance. It skulked across the floor like some sort of cross between a monkey and a tiger, except much bigger. Now fully mobile, she was completely at its mercy.

It could have easily killed with her, with a single punch, swipe, or bite. But it didn't.

It had other prey in mind.

Smelling the Martial behind it, it spun around rapidly, and pounced directly at the Martial with open jaws.

---

A bee landed on the flower Hommel had been stroking. He smiled.
"You've described him perfectly. He expressed great interest, and concern, about you as well."

Thank you so much ~Hermione~ for the awesome signature!
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:23 pm

You know, Gretchen wanted to scream, when I said "Do what you think Martial would do", that wasn't what I meant!

The ribbon lasted longer than she thought it would, which was good, but it seemed that somehow it kinda only made things worse. Now Annie was down for the count, so it was herself and Martial against...whatever the hell that was.

The brunette dashed away from the safety of the crystal barrier to fetch the other teen.

"Alright, you had your fun, but we're leaving now. And don't try to tell me otherwise! You're injured, and I just gave Slade a lecture, like, what, 10 minutes ago? You know I will win this fight."

~~~~~~~~

Sam noted the buzz of the bee and how close to his companion it landed, but chose not to comment.

"Was I all that Domhnall and..an old friend of Headmaster Harwell discussed? That's a boring topic, even by smalltalk standards."
Lady Senbonzakura
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:32 pm

Annie tried to look up at Gretchen, but she was in a daze and found it hard to focus. Everything was spinning and her ears were ringing.
"Just stop the thing..." she wheezed, clearly in bad shape, "...I can protect myself. Leave me here... you can't afford to take me somewhere else..."

She looked down at her leg. Deep claw marks were embedded past the torn up leggings and into her flesh, and blood stepped out from her leg and onto the pavement. Strangely, probably due to her tired and overstimulated mind, she didn't see this as much as an issue, and only weakly tried to create a small crystal shield to protect herself from further attacks. Nothing came.

---

The bee made its way onto Hommel's palm. The smile became a slight smirk.
"Not entirely, though you tied in heavily to it. I know Mister Martin is... opinionated, about this place, and I wanted his input on how he thought you were being treated."

Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:52 pm

"Dear God," Gretchen commented, staring at the other teen somewhat blankly and shaking her head slightly, "are you Slade's long lost twin? Both blonde and desperate to be martyrs. I can't handle two of you!"

As she spoke, a ribbon snaked itself around Annie's wound, tying itself tight.

~~~~~~~~

This man began to bother Sam immensly - he was snake-like in his wording, and his tone was too stiff. Had he done something to Domhnall? If so, he may not realize just how short his life was becoming.

Deciding to be as equally vague (and thus as equally annoying), Sam simply shrugged and said, "Well, it's home to many memories for both of us."
Lady Senbonzakura
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:06 pm

She'd thought she could face this on her own.

For once in her life, the Martial would have to admit that she was wrong.

The Martial didn't run, turning on her radio to the Harwell's frequency. As it lunged toward her, she stood her ground, bracing both of her palms out like a shield.

When its jaws came, they couldn't close. The Martial sized both ends of the jaw with one hand each.

"Harwell," she grunted. She tried to force both ends of the jaw as far away from each other as they could go, hoping to snap something. "I . . . need . . . I've got to get backup."

- Lucille -

In the room, watching the video where Lance and I transform, never have I felt so naked. All of my secrets, laid bare before him.

"You're not human, are you?" Seth says. "You're not even superhuman. I think you're something far more . . . alien."

"The preferred term," I say, not missing a beat, "is drakulus." I approach this like I would a battlefield, trying to decide the best way to strike. "But it doesn't matter now."

"I think it does."

"My partner's dead. I can't transform anymore. I'm only a shadow of what I used to be. Those black men you saw in the footage wouldn't be interested in me anymore."

"Then why do you keep running?"

I look down. As I do, I see a faint bulge in his left pocket.

I squirm into the post I'm cuffed to, uselessly trying to egress the situation. This feeds into Seth's confidence, prompting him to draw nearer.

"I'll find them," he says. "Oh, I'll find them." He squats down. "And when I do, I'll turn you in, unle-"

My foot jams in between both of his legs.

It's a cheap shot, but it gets me what I need. He howls, and I strike out again with my foot, this time at his unguarded larynx.

Just as I was hoping, the hit damages his windpipe. He flops on the floor like a fish, gasping for air. The sight might have been funny, had I not been reaching for his pocket with my foot. It takes a second, but soon I've nudged the key out of his pocket.

I stand up, trapping the key under my shoe, and guide it around to the back. I sit down again, pick up the key from the floor with my cuffed hands, and fumble myself free.

I barely hear the cuffs dropping to the floor as I run around the room, scouring for a weapon, my Harwell's radio, anything --

Seth used a laptop to show me the video. I run to that, trying to figure out some way to broadcast my location to Harwell's --

Someone must have heard a disturbance from outside, throwing the doors open. The influx of sunlight pinches my eyes, and the next thing I know, there are over ten armed men flooding into the room, all pointing heavy, loaded guns at me.

I cower back. I may have an uncommon ability, but I'm unarmed, alone, and up against numerous armed men. I don't like my odds.

Slowly, I raise my hands up, trying to think of something, anything.

In the space of a breath, the room is consumed by a flash of light, more brilliant than the sun.

The light recedes into something. No, someone, standing tall and proud.

Standing in between me and all of the armed men is Lightbringer herself.

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: The Fallen by Thomas E. Sniegoski and the Emperor's Soul by Brandon Sanderson
Currently Binging: The Star Wars Movie Saga
4 Days Until Star Wars: The Last Jedi
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:49 pm

Daikaiju's momentum was suddenly halted when the Martial grabbed its jaws. It stopped with great force, its body collapsing to the ground as its head was held firmly in place by the Martial's grip.

Like all lifeforms that hoped to stay at the top of the food chain, it was fully capable of adapting. And befitting its surprising intelligence, it began to use the situation to its fullest damage, attempting to bite down as hard as it could to stop the Martial from breaking its jaw... while wrapping its long, thick, forked tongue around the Martial's throat, adding another layer of obstruction to a potential escape.

Its eyes fixated on her with a burning intensity, reflecting its horrific intentions. But something else also burned.

The bright glow erupted in its chest. And sure enough, its opened maw clearly revealed a growing, orange hue at the back of its throat, signifying imminent doom.

---

Annie glanced down at the gauze Gretchen had fixated around her leg. Though she was grateful, she didn't think to thank the brunette.

"Listen, Gretchen!" She growled. The strain on her throat caused her pain, and she changed to a quieter, more raspy tone.

"I'm not trying to die here... I don't have the heart for it. And you have the wrong idea if you think I'm some kind of... martyr. All I'm saying is that the monster has no interest in me- it left me alone!"

She looked up, seeing the Martial locked with Daikaiju in combat.

"I think it only wants the Martial, who, from the look of the things, really needs help! It would be..." she paused, trying to think of the correct word. "...tactically advantageous if we didn't lose her."

Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:34 pm

Gretchen couldn't believe her ears. 

"Tactically advantageous"? I don't know whether to be impressed by her wording or disgusted.

"Do you think it's tactically advantageous," the brunette did her best not to say those words in a mocking tone, "for all of us to die? We can't do this alone. We're freshmen. We should let Harwells' professionals handle this!"
Lady Senbonzakura
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sentinel on Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:16 pm

As the fighting raged in the main foyer, Foxtrot glanced feverishly at the screens in the control room, trying to decide the next course of action.

"Sir? We're beginning to lose ground." Echo pointed to where Lima and her cohorts were back-tracking down the hallway. It seemed the children were gaining the upper hand. "Have we underestimated the Harwell's kids?"

Foxtrot's eyes moved across the screens until they settled on a lone figure - one that stood out above the rest. A veritable threat to an otherwise perfect plan.

"No," he stated, straightening himself. "In fact, we have not."

Echo looked back at his leader, somewhat confused. "Do you think it's the Guardian?"

"We need to separate them. Just enough so that Victor is vulnerable." Foxtrot rested his hands on the metal desk. The air around them began to shimmer a bit. "Then, we can make our move."

"If you don't mind me asking, sir," Echo began. "Why do we need him so badly? What risk does he pose to us?"

"It's not about the risk, my dear friend." Foxtrot removed his hands from the desk, and suddenly the screens before them switched to static. "It's about what he can do for us."

~Vincent~

As quickly as the fight began, it seemed to stop just like that. The woman and one of the men that attacked us instantly vanished in a flicker of white light. The last one - a short-statured man with spotty facial hair - backed away, grinning.

"You rookies have no idea what you got yourselves into," he snarled.

"And now..." He pointed at me. "He's coming for you." The man flashed away like his other asshole friends, leaving us alone once again. I looked around at our surroundings.

"Um," I started. "Anyone have any inkling as to what he's talking about?" I knew this would be a bad idea... but if my sister's in danger, it's worth the risk.
Sentinel
Administrator
Administrator

http://ccforums.wikia.com/wiki/Sentinel_Hub

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:20 pm

Eric blinked in surprise when they disappeared. He quickly became indignant.

"Wait, what? They're just gonna run away?!"

Crap! I was gonna let the bullets bounce off my armor and impress all the hotties! Now what am I supposed to do?

Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:24 pm

Lachtna and Fiachra looked around once the advisaries vanished.

"Okayyy...Where did they go?" they asked.

Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 49 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 38 ... 49  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top