Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

Latest topics
» Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Yesterday at 10:22 pm by Sentinel

» Naruto: Will of Fire [RP Thread]
Yesterday at 8:04 pm by boyhoy

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Yesterday at 2:43 pm by WritingBookworm

» Irongale Fan Thread!
Yesterday at 12:09 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» Harwell's Institute: Resonance
Yesterday at 1:21 am by WritingBookworm

» Winter Night
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:54 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» Harwell's Fan Thread!
Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:13 pm by Comrade Squid

» [APPLICATIONS THREAD] Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:36 pm by WritingBookworm

» Infinity's Row: Untold Stories
Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:41 pm by Michael DeathFlame

December 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional

Page 26 of 49 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 37 ... 49  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional

Post by WritingBookworm on Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:32 am

Her punch had done . . . nothing?!

She avoided the next of Daikaiju's blows, landing on the ground and skidding backwards before she stopped. Huffing, her thoughts raced, trying to throw together a new plan on the fly.

All she could think was, Get it away from the students.

The Martial darted around it and ran through the hole in the wall it had created, away from the students. She repeatedly looked over her shoulder, checking to ensure that its eyes were still on her.

- Valerie -

I lift my arm up just before the rifle's stock can connect with my head. It instead hits my forearm. But for all the impact I felt, it might as well have hit steel.

I sigh, rolling my eyes. "That was rude," I say, even though I seize the rifle and slam it up into his chin, technically being just as rude as he was being before.

Most adults would step in during a fight. Empathy, on the contrary, stepped back. He would intervene, but only if necessary. Until then, he wanted to see how far these students of his could go.

The Scathan twins were handling one of the men, Valerie and Alex disposing of another. The woman in front of Vincent . . . now that was concerning. It was risky business, sending Vincent in when the faculty knew that Noelle had been taken to get to him. For now, Empathy believed that Vincent was safe, especially with Eric's assistance. But, just in case . . . he manuevered his way closer to the blond.

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: The Fallen by Thomas E. Sniegoski and the Emperor's Soul by Brandon Sanderson
Currently Binging: The Star Wars Movie Saga
4 Days Until Star Wars: The Last Jedi
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:09 pm

Daikaiju turned slightly, craning its neck in the direction of the Martial. Its gaze lingered on her, but it didn't seem to make any effort to pursue. It simply stood in place, as an orange glow began to appear in the "gills" of its throat.

Annie continued to observe the fight from a distance. The Martial had begun to run, she guessed in an attempt to lure it away, but it didn't seem to be working.
"Alright, I guess we'll try and-"

She noticed the orange glow, growing brighter and brighter as it moved up from its chest, to its throat...
Oh no.

"Get away!" was all she could think to shout before the monster suddenly spun around in their direction, opening its maw to reveal a fiery glow at the back of its throat. The blonde instinctively grabbed onto Gretchen's arm and pulled her into cover behind the crystalline wall she'd constructed, just seconds before a stream of fire breath erupted from the beast's mouth like a flamethrower. She quickly added some additional width to the wall, hoping she could protect Zillia, Sarah and the other students from the roaring flames, but the fire obscured her view of them and she wasn't sure if they had even survived.

It was a sizable energy drain, though. She collapsed against the barrier next to Gretchen, leaning on it and and breathing heavily as sweat poured down her face.
"I can't take much more of this..." she thought aloud.

---

"Unfortunately not," Hommel replied as he drew closer. "We're old friends, so it wouldn't be unusual for me to drop in unannounced."
The former professor sat down on the bench next to Sam, silently stroking a nearby flower bud as he spoke.
"You're Professor Beckwith, aren't you?"

Thank you so much ~Hermione~ for the awesome signature!
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:50 pm

"Then don't." Gretchen told her, and summoned another longer ribbon in her hand. "You take the rest of the group away and I'll try to help Martial."

~~~~~~

Sam's eyebrows raised and his head turned to look at his new companion next to him. He was surprised to hear his name come out of the stranger's mouth - he was a recluse in the superhero community as is, including his present fellow staff and former peers at Harwell's, and he never thought his reputation would proceed him (mainly because he was fairly certain he didn't have a reputation to follow.)

"Why, yes, I am." The magician closed his hand around the peice of jewelry in his grip, "I have a hard time believing you've heard of me."

Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox on Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:55 pm

Sarah-

Just out of range of Annie's shield, I generate my own, red spilling across my vision as a thick barrier forms between me and the flames.
Thank God they're not conductive...

With a deep, angry frown, I launch into combat, my barrier spiraling into five red shards, which move to different positions around Daikaiju's body, falling down towards it with a flick of my wrist.

So this thing doesn't make sense? Well neither do I.
Paradox
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:30 pm

Annie nodded fervently, still out of breath. After a brief moment, she looked back up at the raven-haired girl.
"Listen, Gretchen... in case we don't make it out of this alive..."

She struggled to find the words. She had gotten better at talking to people, but apologies were difficult.
"...I just wanted to say that I'm sorry I shouted at you and Slade at the hotel."

She gulped. It was difficult to say, but she was glad to have said it.
"Can you forgive me?"

Daikaiju's roaring flame became smaller and smaller until the last few particles subsided, leaving nothing but a few embers. Two of Sarah's shards had managed to lodge themselves in between the monster's scales, causing lacerations. However, Daikaiju appeared more angered than wounded, and began to growl again, sounding like a warm engine humming as smoke billowed from its nostrils. With a snort, it bent over slightly more, tucking in its head and moving its arm up before charging directly at Sarah shoulder-first.

---

Hommel continued to look at the flower as he gently stroked it, examining which stage of reproduction the plant was in as he did so.

"I have access to all the school records."

He glanced back at the fellow Professor.

"And I've spoken with Mister Martin."

Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:22 pm

"I accept your apology." Gretchen tied the ribbon around her wrist while glancing over her shoulder at the monster. "But Annie, you will be fine, I promise, but I need you go, now."

~~~~~~~

Sam couldn't help but feel his mouth twist into a smile at the sound of Domhnall's last name. Everytime he heard it, he thought of how he pronounced it, almost like the 'T' wasn't there, and it brought warmth up in his chest.

"Then you must know how wonderful he is." He said with practically no hesitation.
Lady Senbonzakura
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox on Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:23 am

Sarah-

I stare, shocked, as Daikaiju comes flying towards me, trying desperately to both slow it down and get myself out of the way.  I call the shards to my left side, launching out of the way and skidding on the ground.

Breathing heavy from my position kneeling on the ground, I reassemble the shards into a lose cloud of static particles in the air right in its way, hoping that it would give me some time to get further away.  If it didn't, I wasn't sure what to do.
Paradox
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:27 pm

(Sorry I've been gone a few days, been having computer problems)

The particle cloud slowed down Daikaiju slightly, but it didn't matter- the beast sped right past Sarah and plowed out the bank's entrance, shattering the doors into hundreds of wooden fragments and crumbling the bricks making up most of the entryway. It continued into the street, its charge finally stopped only once it collided with the robber's truck, knocking it over onto its side and crushing it significantly. Daikaiju took a few seconds to regain its composure...

...and then it began to turn around.

Annie nodded, standing up again. She detected the urgency in Gretchen's voice, and realized just how serious she was. It made sense that she'd have a lot of backbone behind that sweet and kind exterior, like silk hiding steel-

Her train of thought was interrupted when Daikaiju sped right past her like a freight train, so close the wind blast caused her to nearly lose her balance. Her eardrums were almost split again when it crashed through the doorway, and her back was painfully assaulted with numerous tiny wooden shards as dust filled the air again. The blonde could only think how much worse it would have been if she didn't have her suit on.

She turned around in a hurry, seeing the front walk had been all but destroyed, but the dust obscured her view to the street outside. She turned back to look at Gretchen.

"Where do-" she stopped to cough- "where do you want me to take the others?"

---

Professor Hommel was slightly surprised in Beckwith's reply, and it appeared on his face with a raised eyebrow and the slightest possible smile at the edge of his lip.
I can't deny these two are interesting.

"Yes, naturally. He expressed much concern about your welfare."

Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:17 pm

"Anywhere that's not here!"

Gretchen swung the ribbon towards the monster's hind leg, and prayed it would wrap around tight enough to throw it off balance. However, the ribbon was barely long enough to tie itself, and the teen cursed. She summoned other one, longer this time, to do that same, but used the extra length to connect it to the ribbon already attached to the opposite leg.

Please fall, please fall, please fall, please fall..

Noticing Annie was still next to her, the brunnette shrugged, "Do what you think the Martial would!"

~~~~~~~~

"Well, allow me to mirror that by asking how he seemed."

The younger man tucked the bracelet away into a brest pocket, before folding his hands on his knee.

"How is my dear? I hope to hear his hair is still long, and he still wears all that jewelry." Sam grinned ever-so-slightly, "Domhnall would be unrecognizable without that, wouldn't you say?"
Lady Senbonzakura
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:33 pm

Daikaiju didn't chase her.

Instead, it turned around --

And rained fire on the students.

"No!" The Martial shouted, immediately turning back around, shoving her way past frightened, fleeing civilians. What if they didn't make it? What if they died, right there, so close to her, and she hadn't been able to --

She stopped. They were okay. Thank God, they were okay. And they were doing their best to fight back, with Gretchen looping ribbons around its legs.

She wanted to shout at Gretchen and tell her to get back. But the truth was, she might be giving them a good opportunity. Hoping that the ribbons, had, indeed, jeopardized its balance, the Martial ran forward, leaped into the air, and tried attacking it from behind.

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: The Fallen by Thomas E. Sniegoski and the Emperor's Soul by Brandon Sanderson
Currently Binging: The Star Wars Movie Saga
4 Days Until Star Wars: The Last Jedi
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 49 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 37 ... 49  Next