Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

x3  

Latest topics
» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Today at 4:29 pm by WritingBookworm

» Harwell's Fan Thread!
Today at 3:42 pm by Comrade Squid

» Seoulite[SGRP]
Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:41 am by Kane

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:00 am by Kane

» Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:34 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» Irongale Fan Thread!
Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:15 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» The World of Swords [SGRPG] [FULL]
Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:38 am by Hero of Time

» Red Queen {RP Thread}
Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:59 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster [OPENING APP THREAD]
Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:05 pm by Hime

August 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional

Page 24 of 27 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional

Post by Sentinel on Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:05 pm

(Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Got caught up with other things. Here we goooo)

~Vincent~

As we ventured down a staircase that led to the lower parts of the mill, my skin began to prickle slightly.

"Does this place feel..." I trailed off, trying to find the words. "I dunno, different to anyone else?" I wasn't quite sure how to explain what I felt. Something about the mill just didn't feel right. "I'm beginning to think that these guys can do a little more than just kidnap people."

I reached the bottom of the staircase, immediately stopping at the landing. Before us was a gray and imposing hallway, lit by fluorescent light bulbs that covered the place in a sterile glow. Several meters down, the hallway branched off into 90-degree angles, forming a T-shape. Four doors, two on each side, lined the walls, and one more door faced us from the other end of the hall. But there was something else, something that I could hear.

"Shhh," I whispered to the group. "I... think there's voices coming from somewhere ahead."

"They're... in the facility, sir." Echo's eyes glanced at each computer screen, watching the group from the Institute walk further into the confines of the mill.

Foxtrot watched the proceedings, almost with eagerness. He never intended the mill to be a permanent hide-out, so this particular security "breach" did not affect him in any way. In fact, it was all going roughly according to plan, aside from the former Guardian they had with them. He may prove to be challenging.

"Wait until they come further," Foxtrot ordered. "I want to see what they can do. What we may be up against. After that... you know what to do."

~Bridget~

I raised my eyebrows at the figure. "Perhaps... but if he has nothing to do with our mission, I don't think it'd be wise to pursue him further." Something about the figure, whoever he was, made me uneasy... but perhaps that was just the ambience in Albany getting to me.
Sentinel
Administrator
Administrator

http://ccforums.wikia.com/wiki/Sentinel_Hub

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:10 am

- Maxwell -

I swear, everything was going well. Everything was going so, so well.

And then that happens.

The appearance of the monster takes even the Martial off-guard. "What in the -- !" She snaps out of it, and runs forward, motioning at the students. "Get back! Get back right now!"

- Valerie -

I gulp. Something about this place . . . it doesn't add up with the rest of the windmill. This isn't good.

"Voices?" I try to keep my own voice low. Does anyone know we're here? "From where?"

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
Currengly Binging: Basically every Disney movie ever
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:10 pm

(Welcome back, Sent!)

"Different?" Eric scoffed, in a smug tone of voice. "It feels useless!"

He paid no attention to Vincent and Valerie's comments about the voices, making little attempt to lower his voice.

"Let's be honest here- she's probably already been raped and murdered. All these 'abducted girl' stories end up the same way. There's really no point in us risking our necks down here."

---

Sophia nodded.

"Yeah... I guess you're right."

Still, the weird guy made her curious. She watched him disappear from sight as he strutted into the bank.

---

Annie took a few more steps back, as the Martial instructed. Alarms were going off in her head.

We'e not strong enough to fight this thing... but the Martial can't do it alone!

Two of the three robbers left had already fled down a hallway, abandoning their remaining accomplice who had been knocked unconscious by a piece of debris. Daikaiju showed no interest in them; its terrifying gaze had settled on the Martial.

The monster began to walk forward. It wasn't going particularly fast, but its massive steps were closing the distance between them quickly. Its four-toed claws left imprints in the tiles it smashed as it walked forward menacingly.

It seemed so much smaller on TV...

She blinked and Daikaiju was already standing in front of the Martial, raising one of its long arms and taking a swipe at her with its claws.

Thank you so much ~Hermione~ for the awesome signature!
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Lionheart on Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:34 pm

- Shayla -

"Oh, shut the hell up," I suddenly snap at the last guy who spoke. This might all be fake, but even I wouldn't make a comment like that. Besides, no point in us risking our lives? Please. That's the only point they will give our lives and there's likely little actual risk anyways. "I'll try to see through the walls."

I focus on the hallways ahead of us and make a conscious effort to see through them; they become semi-transparent to me.

- Zilia -

Just when things had been looking up, a monster turns the corner. I have to stifle a scream. I may be new to Earth, but this thing seemed utterly foreign here, as if it had been pulled from another twisted dimension altogether. Thinking becomes very hard and I can't decide what to do. Fight, flight?

⌠ Anaphora Fan Thread ⌡ × ⌠ Anaphora: Entropy ⌡ × ⌠ My Shop ⌡ × ⌠ Forum Rules ⌡ × ⌠ versen ver ♥ ⌡
Athena Lionheart
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

http://creativitycenter.forumotion.com/t869-applications-thread-

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:24 pm

Taking some of her strength to summon another ribbon, Gretchen aimed towards Annie and threw it with power, praying it would wrap around the blonde's waist so that she could force her away from the monster.

~~~~~~

Thank you, Shayla. Lachtna and Fiachra thought, For once, you're a gift.
Lady Senbonzakura
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:02 pm

- Maxwell -

What is that thing? Frantically, I minimize the window showing the footage of the bank, keying in a search for anything related to this monster. If it's got any weaknesses at all . . .

I hit 'enter,' and don't even have time to glance at the results before the Martial ducks under the swipe and blasts out another one of her deafening war cries, consolidating any leftover attention on her.

As for the students? Gretchen's smart. She knows to run. But Annie and Zilia are just standing there. "Lattice! Azalia! Get away now!"

- Valerie -

Bless you, Shayla. I don't know her too well, but I think I'm already starting to like her.

I watch Shayla's face as she does her thing, scouring for any sign that she's spotted something suspicious. "You see anything?"

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:38 pm

Annie was too busy thinking of what she could do to think of moving away to a safer location. She cried out in surprise when the ribbon wrapped around her waist, and forcefully pulled her away, closer to the doors of the bank and near Gretchen.

She landed on her bottom, in front of Gretchen and facing away from her. She looked back at her in surprise and confusion, before starting to stand up again, not saying anything.

I can't think about Leonard. Not now...

Daikaiju took a wobbly step back when the Martial used her ability. It blinked slightly, with a strange look on its face for a moment as it calmly reassessed her.

Annie tried to analyze its behavior.

Is it afraid? Did the Martial's shout actually work on it?

The effect only lasted for a moment. The beast's uncertain appearance quickly changed to one of menace and anger. It opened its enormous jaws and let loose a extremely loud, deep, monstrous roar that shook the building's very foundations.

The petite blonde cowered and covered her ears with her hands. Daikaiju's bellow sounded as it reverberated up from the depths of hell itself, and was so loud it sent a searing pain through her eardrums.

---

Eric scowled when the girl told him to shut up, but when he turned and saw what she looked like, his opinion changed.

Oooh... a cute blonde. I guess I'll have to change my tune up a bit.

"Sorry if I offended you, sweetheart." The dark-haired boy replied in a less crass but just as condescending tone of voice.

Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:49 pm

Gretchen smiled slightly once she seen her attempt at getting Annie to (somewhat) safety worked, and the ribbon untied itself and vanished. Her attitude changed when the monster roared, and she pressed her palms against her ears in pain.

~~~~~

Fiachra leaned down to whisper his and Lachtna's thoughts into Riada's ear.

"Can we trade him for the girl?" he asked rhetorically, motioning slightly to Eric.
Lady Senbonzakura
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:37 pm

- Maxwell -

I hate to say it, but even the Martial's war cry has nothing on what the monster just did.

Just the sheet force of his bellow makes the security camera shake, to the point that I almost think it'll fall and I'll lose my visual on the team. Mercifully, though, I don't, and I watch as the Martial roars, runs forward, and crosses the rest of the divide with a powerful leap into the air. She aims a fist at the monster's chest.

- Valerie -

I growl. "Mind letting her focus, dickhead?"

"Hey."

From up ahead, Empathy looks cross. "Strongarm, please do not speak like that. As for you, Superalloy . . . " Hecrotates his body a few degrees, regarding Eric. "Please refrain from antagonizing your fellow peers. It is obnoxious, and benefits no one save Ms. Christiansen's abductors. For now, I'm giving you a warning. But if you don't stop it, then I will take administrative action."

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:16 pm

The Martial's fist meets Daikaiju's chest and...

Nothing.

Well, the behemoth did seem to feel it- it clearly twitched in response, as if it felt a bit of pain. But ultimate, its thick skin had yet to be penetrated, and the attack did not prevent it from rapidly moving its arm to try and grab the Martial while she was still in the air.

Annie hesitantly uncovered her ears. They were still ringing slightly, but she could hear.

"We've got to do something to help!" She shouted to Gretchen and Zillia. The thought of trying to fight Daikaiju still terrified her, but she had calmed down significantly, and was ready to give it a go. After all, they took down about twenty-five robbers together.

They most likely don't have any ideas... it's up to me to brainstorm.

"Listen, I'll try and loosen its footing with some crystals! If we can knock it over, you can tie it to the ground with ribbons, right? If we get a shot at its head, we can end this! Zillia-"

Annie paused. She didn't know Zillia well, nor did she know what powers she had, but everything about her baffled her from the very moment she laid eyes on her. She looked different. Her skin was weird, and there was something otherworldly about her eyes. But most of all, the strangest thing about her was that she was simply more difficult to read. The blonde had learned how to pick up certain mannerisms, certain subtle movements that were inherent to all humans, but this girl straight up didn't seem to have them, like she was some other species. These things, coupled with her strange name, made her almost wonder if she was some kind of extraterrestrial, but Annie knew better. She chalked it up to some serious birth defects.

"...maybe you can help the Martial to distract him?"

She didn't know what to do, and she wasn't good at coming up with plans on the go, but it was the best she could come up with. In the end, she just wasn't a leader. She felt lost without Slade there to guide them, or Lucille to give extra backup. They'd just have to make do.

---

Of course Valerie has to be mad at me! Darn it, and she's a serious hottie too. I'll just have to impress her later.

Eric heard the teacher's warning and boiled with rage. He glared at the little man.

"Sure thing, boss." He answered through gritted teeth. Who were these little people to think they had the right to boss him around? If his parents heard about this, these lowly teachers would have hell to pay. But he didn't have any proof.

He resigned himself to just having to play along with the mission for the time being.

Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 27 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top