Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

November 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:14 pm

Gretchen rolled her eyes, shaking her head, but twisting her own ring to follow Martial's lead.

I'm pretty sure Birdman got what he wanted already, but, whatever, honey.
Lady Senbonzakura
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:55 am

- Maxwell -

I nod at Slade, not saying anything further as I steer myself away from his bed and into my room. This time, I can reach the handle, so I close the door shut.

Free of distraction, I take stock of the situation before me. The Martial and the rest of the students have arrived at the front lawn of the bank, while the robbers . . . I switch cameras. Appearing on the screen is an aerial view of the lobby, with checkered tile. Civilians have been corraled to the walls, on their knees and hands behind their heads. A few men keep them in line with drawn pistols while others ransack the cash registers, some proceeding on to the vaults.

"You've got about twenty-five men you're dealing with, give or take a few." Twenty-five armed men is a nightmare for a group of teenagers, in normal circumstances, but this group has superpowers, as well as extra muscle in the Martial. That number was actually less than what I'd been expecting. "Most of them only seem to have standard-issue Glock pistols, but there are a few that are armed more dramatically." I try to zoom in, see if I can identify those guns. "Be careful of those."

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: Hunted by Megan Spooner
Currengly Binging: Stranger Things
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:26 pm

"Twenty-five, and with guns. Wonderful." Annie replied in a deadpan, sarcastic voice. She shot an uneasy glance towards Gretchen.
One bullet. That's all it takes. If I don't have barriers up, and someone isn't paying attention, we could die just like that. In the gauntlet, we had more people on our side, less people on their side that only had non-lethal weapons, and we only barely beat them. Now, with just a week's worth of training, and three oof our group not able to fight, they expect us to beat twenty-five armed robbers? Maybe the police will be able to help us, but I'm not hopeful.

---

"Isn't that unfair, Kendall?" Sophia said, looking at the dark-haired boy, hoping someone else would acknowledge their protests. "Y'know, how we can't get promoted to Gamma unless we did well in the Gauntlet?"

Thank you so much ~Hermione~ for the awesome signature!
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:29 pm

"I'm guessing there's a plan, right?" Gretchen asked loudly to the Martial.
Lady Senbonzakura
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:34 pm

The Martial decided to ignore the way Gretchen asked the question. Tension was high right now, and she had to stay calm for the rest of the students. "I myself will be taking on the majority of them. Lattice, focus on keeping the barriers up. And if you strike quickly, Seamstress, you can disarm them of their weapons. If one more person gets wounded, then that'll be the last straw. I'll be calling for backup."

- Valerie -

Our group treks across the lawn and into the abandoned mill, where rusty, nineteenth-century machinery is coated in tarps and dust. There aren't many windows that let light in, so I pull out my phone and use it as a flashlight.

"Don't worry, we've all got this," Empathy says, and I can't help but feel a slight boost of confidence. I'm guessing it's his power at work, because it's hard to feel any sort of confidence when you're basically walking into a trap. "Just stay on guard, and you will be fine. Trust yourselves. Harwell's Institute invited you to the school for a reason."

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:47 pm

Annie nodded silently, and mentally prepared herself for the fight.
I can't risk being too slow... I've got to get walls up immediately, and keep them up. If I'm slow, or not attentive, somebody may die.
"Lead the way, then," she said uneasily to the Martial.

Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:56 pm

Gretchen nodded, though her gaze wasn't on the leader, or anyone else for that matter.

Okay, disarm them, got it. Wait..didn't he say there were 25 of these guys?...I'm not sure I can do it all at once....

~~~~~~~

Lachtna and Fiachra smiled at Empathy, eyes trying to adjust to the sudden dark as they gazed around the interior. Brows furrowed in concentration, they attempted to use their abilities to sense how many, if any, others were already there.
Lady Senbonzakura
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:51 pm

~Adair~

I only nodded with a small smile.

"This'll be a breeze," Riada agreed with Empathy, still trying to set a positive mood. I wasn't as confident as I wanted to be, even with Empathy's power, and an air of nervousness was still rushing through me.

Riada met my eye when we stepped into the building and we didn't need to say anything to know not to move too far away from each other in here.

Give thanks <3
Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:55 pm

"One of my powers is essentially a battle cry," the Martial said, drawing a gun. "I yell in their direction, and the robbers are going to be slammed with a whole ton of fear. That second they're afraid is key. Use that to strike as quickly as you can."

The Martial motioned for the students to stay behind her, lest they fall victim to her battle cry as well. She then ran forward, pummeling through the doors, and --

She roared as loudly as her lungs would allow, the sound of the battle cry practically rippling through the air. Immediately, the robbers' faces paled. She think she even saw one piss his pants.

And with that, she slammed into them, unleashing hell and fury upon more than half of the squad, leaving ten men for the students to focus on.

- Lucille -

"Rise and shine, sweetheart."

A splash of ice-cold water on my face jerks me awake, leaving me sputtering and spitting out water as I open my eyes.

I expect to see Gretchen and Slade, Annie and the Martial and even Maxwell. I don't know if I'd be on the plane or in New York City or back at the Institute, but I'd expected to be safe.

Instead, I realize that I'm sitting in a dusty room, arms pulled behind me, chained to a support beam. In front of me, setting down a water bottle and acting as smug as ever is . . .

"You," I say, the word slurred from drugs. Seth Nixon? "But I . . . "

"Next time you call the cops on someone, dear, make sure to stay and ensure I actually get arrested," Seth says. "For an experienced assassin, that's quite the foolish mistake."

I'm in Maine, back at my former gang's hideaway. I was in New York. How did I get to Maine so fast? Teleportation? I pull my wrists as far as I can, straining the handcuffs as far as they can go. I don't have much leverage.

"I wonder what led you to make such a mistake," Seth says. "But after some thinking, I figured it out."

I'm trying to gauge how far the exit is from here when Seth kneels down and seizes my face, digging his nails in so hard that my cheeks throb. I'd cry out in pain, but with his tight grip, I can't do that.

"I think you were afraid," he says. "You were so desperate to run that it made you foolish."

I gasp when he suddenly lets go, the sudden absence of pain as staggering as the pain itself.

"No more running," Seth says.

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:06 pm

Annie ran into the building, closely behind her squad leader.

She watched in awe as the Martial immediately engaged the majority of the robbers, following her terrifying scream up with a furious, yet controlled beatdown. However, she hadn't occupied them all- there were still a few robbers left, barely beginning to acknowledge them after the Martial's powerful psychic attack.

Thinking quickly, she got onto one knee and pressed her palms into the ground, quickly raising a thin, crystalline wall almost up to the ceiling, providing cover from potential gunfire in the mostly open bank lobby.

After doing this, she stepped out from behind it, touching her right hand to the ground again and sending a straight line of sharp spikes raised up from the ground towards the remaining criminals.

Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top