Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

Latest topics
November 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

Red Queen {RP Thread}

Page 26 of 29 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Red Queen {RP Thread}

Post by Kane on Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:51 pm

-Adara-

"I think separate apartments on opposite ends of Whitefire Palace. I'll take the traditional Royal Wing and you can take something closer to the Treasury building. I want minimal contact with you outside of public appearances and our showing to the court. That includes training sessions, dinners, and functions. Of course, our children will bear the Calore name." I said as I sat down on the edge of a fountain, my hand trailing in the water.
Kane
Epic Creator
Epic Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:01 am

- Laureline -

Silas shoves his way through the crowd, causing one Silver to accidentally spill champagne all over her dress. She gapes at it, and then glowers at him. He gives her no mind, going straight to me.

"Laur," he says. "Are you all right?"

"I'm fine, I promise," I say. "I don't think the Scarlet Guard actually hurt anyone this time around."

"Maybe not this time. But I don't trust them. They'll keep hurting us, Laur. We need to do something about it."

But you Silvers keep hurting Reds.

Silvers killed Adam.

I only nod, not trusting myself to say anything else on this. "And are you okay? You didn't win Kingstrial."

Silas grimaces, but otherwise doesn't show much sign of being disappointed. "Yeah, I didn't expect to. Not after Dorian's showing. I'll still keep trying to build some sort of relationship with Adara -- and maybe now Dorian, too. I want House Viper on good footing in the future."

"You can do it," I say sweetly, because I know that's what he wants to hear. "Just wait. You'll prove all those who doubt you wrong."

He pats me twice on the shoulder. "You're far too kind."

Silas bids me farewell before integrating himself in another conversation with Silvers, attempting to gather information about what happened with the Scarlet Guard's recent move, as well as presenting himself in an ideal light. Making himself remembered as someone worth brokering an alliance with.

A tanned hand offers me another flute. "More champagne for you, my Lady?"

"No, I . . . " I turn to face who's speaking to me as I speak, halting when I see exactly who's talking to me. Mia, one of the many Red servers. She has a chubby face, with big, well-meaning brown eyes.

Not many would think her to be part of the Scarlet Guard.

"My mistress, Adelina, wanted me to see if you'd like this," she says. Adelina. Adam's mother. She joined the Scarlet Guard upon his death, and quickly rose up the ranks to become a Colonel. Whenever I receive a message from the Scarlet Guard, it's from her.

Now, I can see the edges of a small piece of paper, rolled around the flute. Most of the paper is covered by her hand, so no one but me can see it. Being so careful as to not let the roll of paper drop, I accept it from Mia with two nods. Two nods is my way of saying that I understand.

Mia moves on to serve other Silvers, and I excuse myself. I only go out a set of doors, past a pair of guards, and partway down a corridor before I unravel the note and read its contents.

My eyes widen as I learn what exactly the Scarlet Guard has planned for tomorrow, at the procession. And how exactly they want me to play a part in it.

Anya Calore, I read, taking in the list of those they're involving in their bloody scheme. Kyros Samos. Antonin Haven. Viktor Provos. And then me, Laureline Tyros.

In the note, Adelina promies I won't be harmed. She doesn't make that promise for the others.

I roll the note back up, glancing around for anyone that might be watching. I should hope there isn't anyone. Because if they saw the note, and learned what exactly the Scarlet Guard has planned for tomorrow . . .

There'd be hell to pay.

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: Hunted by Megan Spooner
Currengly Binging: Stranger Things
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace on Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:10 pm

~Jaune
"So that's really what I am? A Newblood..." I mutter, running after him without really thinking about it. My mind was caught up and my instincts were taking over, telling me to follow this man. Hopefully it wasn't a waste of my time.

"Who are you, anyways?" I ask suddenly. "And why are you doing this? Where are you taking me?"

~Arion
It seemed things hadn't gone as planned. No matter - being the King wasn't an essential part of my plan to rise to the top. It would've made things much easier, yes, and while my plan to show the true strength of my ability off during the ball with Adara had failed, I had no need for her. Besides, I had never taken the easy route to power, so why start now. I would continue to grow stronger, and show all the world that House Lerolan would reign supreme. After all, Adara was likely the last of House Calore that wielded their ability. This country at war might soon change - tonight's events had proven that. And when the land needed a new ruler... I would be ready.

Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cana on Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:18 pm

~Dorian~
I remained standing, my expression unflinching as I listened to her requirements; I agreed with most, but the last one nearly caught me off guard.

"I agree with everything except for our children carrying the Calore name, Princess Adara. My winning of Kingstrial signified the end of the Calore reign and I thought you would have accepted that by now."

Cana
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kane on Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:27 am

-Adara-

"We've ruled this country for three hundred years," I said, the water in the fountain near my hand starting to boil slightly from the heat of my body. He should have known I was going to fight for this. It was what I wanted, it was what the Kingdom wanted, and it was what my family wanted.

"They will be Calores."

-Alder-

"Alder. A friend. That's all you need to know," I said as I led him deeper into the woods, keeping my eyes peeled for the grove of the trees I remembered from my landing.
Kane
Epic Creator
Epic Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace on Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:47 pm

~Jaune
"How do I know I can trust you? Tell me why you're helping me. Or this is as far as we go together," I say with a serious tone. We had made it past the Silvers who had been guarding the border. I could probably handle myself out here. So why did I need this guy? Where was he taking me? What exactly did these powers mean? I had so many questions swirling around inside my head, my brain hurt.

Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kane on Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:11 pm

A Sentinel knocked on the doors of the Osanos chambers, still slightly downgraded than their position would allow. He forced his way into their apartments, his eyes the only thing not hidden by his mask.

"Please follow me to the throne room."

-Alder-

"I'm in a group of people. the Scarlet Guard. We need Newbloods and you need us," I said as I moved through the woods, my gun still out in front of me. It always went this way with these kids. Sometimes we just had to knock them out and explain later, but I hoped he would be different at least.
Kane
Epic Creator
Epic Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace on Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:24 pm

~Aurelia
"Very well. Aurelia, we're going. I can't believe a lowly Sentinel was sent to greet us," my father mutters.

I quietly stand up, having been waiting nearby since the King had commanded us to visit him and we expected word any time today, so it wouldn't do to be somewhere else when the King was waiting for us.

"This is all your fault. I hope you know that. If you hadn't-" I begin, but am quickly cut off.

"I did what I had to do to protect our House. You ungrateful child. You don't know how much I've sacrificed-" he says as we follow the Sentinel.

"The only thing that was sacrificed was mother's life, so don't even begin to argue that anything you did was for the good of the House. All of it was selfish, and you know it. Just like the new wife you took. Political games at their best."

"Why you-" he began, but quickly quieted up when the Sentinel stopped in front of us. It appeared we had reached the place where the King would see us.

~Jaune
"The Scarlet Guard? I should've known..." I said. I'd heard about them before. They didn't have a presence in the tightly guarded mines, but there were always whispers.

"I don't want to get involved with you people. I'm not interested in a revolution, or a war, or whatever you people are trying to do. I just want to save my brother... and kill the man that killed my parents."

How exactly was I supposed to do that, though? I didn't even know how to use these powers. Besides, it wasn't going to be easy. Their ability was quite a formidable one.

"Can... can you show me how to use my powers? And help me get my family out of there, and somewhere safe?" I ask. If they could... then maybe I would help them. But I still didn't know much about them other than some rumors I'd heard, so I had no idea how trustworthy these people were.

Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kane on Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:21 pm

-Maximillian-

The doors to the throne room opened, swinging inward to a massive marble hall fit with columns draped in red and black. I was sure it would be the first change if Merandus had their way. They might even remove the portraits and statues of Calore Kings and their Queens in their court finery that lined the outer walls behind the columns.

"Silenus," the King greeted using Lord Osanos' first name. It was an old trick made to intimidate. The King sat on his raised dais in his chair made out of the darkest onyx stone with the Calore Burning Crown embossed on his back in veins of ruby. Another thing that was sure to change under a Merandus rule.

"Tell me why you're here, Silenus."

-Alder-

"We can show you how to use your powers. We can do all we can to save your family," I said, the first part true but the second part more of a lie. We couldn't guarantee that we could save everyone's family or help everyone's personal interest. It was just the nature of what we did. That was when I spotted the tarped vehicle hidden in a grove of trees.

"We're here. I hope you don't have motion sickness," I said as I pulled the tarp off of a medium sized stinger stolen from the Piedmont army. It was designed to hold maybe around ten people in its small transport hold and then two seats in the pilot's bubble on the front. It was a silver color and painted with the symbol of Piedmont.

Kane
Epic Creator
Epic Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace on Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:28 pm

~Jaune
"I wouldn't know. I've never been in anything like this," I say. "Are we going far?" I still didn't trust him, but this was the fastest way out of here. Besides, even if I went out on my own there was still food to worry about.

~Aurelia
"Your Majesty," my father says, bowing as he enters. I do the same.

"Is it not because you called us here?or perhaps your Sentinel mistakenly took us here. It's so hard to get good help these days."

Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 29 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top