FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
September 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Seoulite[SGRP]

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Re: Seoulite[SGRP]

Post by boyhoy on Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:15 am

~Eun Hui~
Although I know I did an absolute garbage job with that note, her praise boosts my self esteem a bit and I decide to try again. Taking her advice, I straighten my head and adjust my posture before letting out the note once more. This time, I hit it almost immediately, drawing it out for a couple seconds before my voice cracks once more.

Although very slight, it was still an improvement. And with such an important competition coming up, any improvement was helpful at this point. I stop and listen to her holding the note and am utterly amazed. The fact that she made this look so effortless was astounding. And I knew just from practicing around her that this wasn't even the extent of her range. She was easily one of the top vocalists out of the trainees.

~Min Hwan~
"Besides, even though Suho isn't the smartest, he does offer many other skills to the group. Just like we all do. That's what makes us so great as a team, everyone having their own skills and strengths to make up for the weaknesses of others," I add, taking the opportunity to slightly poke fun at Suho.

boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kane on Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:24 am

-Na-Ri-

I nodded my head, impressed with the progress she was making. It was clear this wasn't a skill that she was familiar with but she still managed to improve with each try which was something more than a lot of people were able to do. Standing there, I remembered something my first vocal teacher had taught me years before any of this started. 

"A lot of singing is just believing you can do it. If you doubt yourself, you close up your throat, restricting your ability to hit the higher notes. You have to let yourself go free and don't think about the consequences because you'll sound all the better for it. Do you think you can go higher with that in mind?" I asked before singing a note higher than most of the songs we used in training. 

-Suho-

"You all should be glad I'm here. There wouldn't be a single attractive face for fans to look at without me," I said jokingly as I put my hand on my face like I was posing.

Honorary Patron
Honorary Patron

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:46 am

~Eun Hui~
That's easy for people to say when they can actually hit the notes. . . No matter how much believing I did, I couldn't suddenly sing outside my range. It wasn't going to happen that way. But I would humor her and try her trick out.

I take a deep breath rolling my neck and shoulders back to gear up for the note. You got this. Easy. No problem. Just fucking hit it. I think to psyche myself up.

I let out my breath, take in another, and release my note. It seemed I was going to reach it, but once again, my voice cracks before I could get to the note.

Stupid. I knew it wouldn't work. Way to make a fool of yourself.

boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kane on Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:58 am

-Na-Ri-

"That's okay," I said with a gentle smile, keeping myself from placing my hand on her shoulder. I knew that I wouldn't want pity from someone in this situation. Besides, pity was something we seldom got here. We either stepped up or we were gone.

"It just means you'll have to work a little longer at it. But you can handle that."

Honorary Patron
Honorary Patron

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:08 am

~Eun Hui~
"It's really not okay though," I say with an exasperated sigh. I kick the toe of my shoe into the polished hardwood of the practice room floor, becoming frustrated with the training.

"You know as well as I do that it's not okay. If I don't showcase enough talent, I'm gone. They don't care how hard we worked here. They don't care about that anywhere. All they care about is what skills you have and what you can bring to the table. If you fall short. . . it's over."

boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kane on Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:42 am

-Na-Ri-

"That's how I feel about my rap. You should hear me when I try," I said with a sigh, feeling exactly where she was coming from. Rapping was always something I had struggled with. The beat was still too fast, and it managed to escape me no matter how much I practice, jumbling my words in the process.

"I pray every day they never ask me to rap. I think maybe it would show them that I actually don't have that much to offer, that I'm not that great." I trailed off, shuffling my feet underneath me awkwardly.

Honorary Patron
Honorary Patron

Back to top Go down

Post by Cana on Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:37 pm

~So Ri~
The hallways of SM Entertainment’s building had never felt more lonely, or more vast, than they did as I was taken upwards to the office of our CEO. The clicks of the secretary’s high heels in front of me gradually pulled me back into reality, my thoughts jogging forward to the thousands of things that this could mean.

Am I getting dropped? I mean, I’m not awful at anything but I’m not great, either…
The thought sent a ripple of chills down my spine, the thought of all the blood, sweat, tears, and years wasted flickering through my mind.

My face revealed nothing about this, its countenance friendly.

“Yoon So RI, it’s nice to see you,” said Kim Young-Min, seated at his desk casually. His voice was relaxed enough for me to think that this wasn’t anything severe, but the higher-ups wore so many layers of masks that I could never tell what was hiding behind them.

Perhaps we weren’t so different after all.

I bowed deeply and uttered a greeting, trying my best to disguise the shaking of my hands behind my back.

“You can take a seat,” he said, pointing to the chair adjacent to him. “I’m sure you’ve seen the recent news, yes?”

“Yes, sir. I saw just a few minutes ago,” I said, my hand clutching the fabric of my track pants in anticipation of what this was all about.

“Good, good. I am going to be frank with you, So Ri; this reality show will not be fully based on the audience’s approval and we already have an idea of who will be winning. We want you as the visual and leader of the new girl group. With your face, it would be a waste not to.”

“I… I’m honored,” I said, shocked.

But why is he telling me this now?

“There’s just a small catch,” he said, shifting from his reclined position to lean on the desk. “Your eyes.”

As soon as he said it, I felt my heart drop to the floor. My eyes had monolids, with only one eyelid, and this was not considered beautiful in Korean culture. I had always wanted to get eyelid surgery, being content with the rest of my face, but my family could never afford it.

“W-what about them?” I said, already having an inkling of where this was going.

In response, he slid a contract and a single pen across the desk.

“If you agree to get the double eyelid surgery, we will agree to make you the leader and visual of VENUS, our new girl group.”

Is this really fair?

Of course it wasn’t. But nothing in the Korean pop industry ever was.

I signed quickly, feeling as though I was making a deal with the devil, and did it so with lightning speed in an attempt to quell the guilt that was spreading outwards.

His response was a smile. “Good choice, So-Ri. I’ll be seeing you in a few weeks.”

~two months later~
I was waiting in a dance room with the other girls, the number seven taped onto my shirt in thin white paper.

There was a palpable buzz throughout the air as we awaited the instructions from the higher-ups, today being the first day of filming the survival show for VENUS.

I felt like a spider disguised as a butterfly. They could all tell that I had gotten my eyelids done, but they just thought it was for personal reasons - they didn't know that I had sold myself out.

~Ryeowook~
I stood outside of a dance studio with the other members of MARS, unsure of what exactly we were about to do - I had heard it was something in regards to the survival show, but management had been pretty vague when it came to telling us what we were actually doing.

“I’m glad I’m not in there,” I muttered, looking at the door that contained the female trainees; the tension was palpable even from outside.

Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kane on Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:26 pm

-Na Ri-

I held my hand against my stomach, the thin white paper crinkling under my touch. Noticing a few wrinkles around the number twelve, I pulled my hand away, determined to not have anything counted against me so soon, even if it was just a small crease or two on my number. Even that could have been a reason to be eliminated in this competition.

I ran my hand through my hair, a new vice to quell my nerves that wouldn't taint my appearance or position the judges against me. 

-Suho-

"Agreed," I said, my mood less chipper than it usually was as I looked at the door to the dance studio. No doubt, so many of them had sacrificed to get where they were. It could have been surgeries or changing their names to things more appealing to the masses abroad. I had done both. Not even my own members called me Jié anymore, and my nose and eyes could never be the same again.

Honorary Patron
Honorary Patron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace on Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:41 pm

~Hyun
“I understand why they didn’t explain anything to me,” I mention from my side of the area we were waiting in. I was the Maknae, so I was mostly just told what to do, never really given an explanation.

“But I can’t believe they didn’t tell you all what was going on. Do they really expect us to just go out and know what to do completely in the dark like this? I guess it can’t be helped...”

Last edited by Ace on Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:47 pm

~Jung-Hee~

In. 1...2...3...4. Out. 1...2...3...4...5...6...7...

This mantra kept repeating in my head, reminding me to breath as I kept a carefully crafted smile on my lips. On the outside I was calm and collected. On the inside I was screaming. This was what we all worked for, what we've all dreamed for since starting this intense journey. If I succeeded here then all of that work will have meant something. I couldn't let my nerves get in the way of this chance.

Love doesn't discriminate, between the sinners and the saints
It takes and it takes and it takes, and we keep loving anyway
We laugh and we cry and we break and we make our mistakes
Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down