Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

x3  

Latest topics
» Seoulite[SGRP]
Today at 2:41 am by Kane

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Today at 1:00 am by Kane

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Yesterday at 2:31 pm by WritingBookworm

» Harwell's Fan Thread!
Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:53 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:34 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» Irongale Fan Thread!
Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:15 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» The World of Swords [SGRPG] [FULL]
Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:38 am by Hero of Time

» Red Queen {RP Thread}
Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:59 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster [OPENING APP THREAD]
Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:05 pm by Hime

August 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

-Roleplaying Thread- Anaphora: Entropy

Page 6 of 29 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: -Roleplaying Thread- Anaphora: Entropy

Post by Captain Whitehawk on Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:31 pm

Cei

I snort, find a wall to lean up against, line up tip of my toe against the back of the heel on my other foot then let my feet take my weight. This woman calls the girl "Dove," though I don't know why. Secret identity? But she'd been pointed out to me as Monica. If some tightass government person knows her real name, then why does someone living with her know her as something different? Or is it just a nickname?

"Oh it's gonna change, right. No promises, but I'm hoping for a good brawl." My grin pulls hard against my teeth as they grind together. I can feel my jaw twitching and I wish I could just break through my own jawbone with the force of my bite. Their faces, I can see every single damn one in front of me. I memorized them again and again every time they step into the room, sharp sanitizer acid in the air, white lights far too bright, their masks on, latex gloves tight against their fingers, they're pulling out the knives, they're pulling out the knives --

I snap out of it with a mental ... I don't know what it was. Luck maybe probably. I just couldn't -- no, I could, I could. I just ... my brain couldn't let me stay there, I think. How I think isn't something I think about but I know it's happened before. I ... I'm relieved. It eases the tension of my ribcage and shoulders. I can breathe easier and -- Focus focus focus! You're in a conversation and you blacked out for a bit now go! "He your Boss, huh?" That was a little too fast but, no, no, it's relevant. Need to figure out how things work here. "He a jackass? Or some kinda sweetheart, taking all we rats in? What does he want, a harem?" I feel bad, with Monica nearby. I'm smiling, because it's a joke, a tease, but this isn't her kind. She too good for muck talk. I switch tacts to something less adultish (not that that ever stopped any kids that ever lived). "Or maybe just an army, eh? Maybe we a gang and we just don't know it yet. And all this talk about him and he doesn't even show up to his own party ..." I'm not impatient, but I'm definitely curious. I twirl a finger to gesture at all of us. "All the ladies are here, where he at?"
Captain Whitehawk
Student Creator
Student Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael DeathFlame on Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:16 am

Monica: The color that came to my face at first is gone now because... oh skies, that's, no, that's even grosser to think about, on so many different levels. It takes a bit of effort to keep my face from squishing together, but I don't think Kuz-Kuz think it's as gross as I do. No, she definitely doesn't, because she's been smiling and laughing the whole time. "The boss's definitely no sweetheart, that's for sure. He's a jackass, yeah," (Oh shut up, you don't know a thing about him,) "but nah, don't think he'll be sleeping with any of you any time soon."

She stops long enough to pull a can of soda out of the fridge, but even as she takes a quick gulp of it she still has her eyes on Cei. "And if he's trying to make an army, he's doing a shitty job of it. Five girls versus, I don't know, the rest of Aspernor? Sounds like a pretty shitty plan." She shrugs. "I don't know what's going on in his head, but I really don't give a shit. If you stay around here, you'll see, there's always something fun going on. Keeps you busy. So long's that keeps happening I don't give a shit what he's trying to do."

Last edited by Michael DeathFlame on Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Profound Creator
Profound Creator

http://Wizard101central.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Whitehawk on Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:00 am

Cei

I'm paying attention, but I also see how Monica's face is twisting all up and -- gah, I shouldn't have said that.  I'm not good with people, I'm not good with people but -- she should be treated nice and be around people that are thinking about her and I don't know what everyone else is doing but I know what I'm going to do.

And what Kuz-Kuz is saying ... it makes sense but it doesn't.  Nobody just ... this is Aspernor.  There's never been a thing I've seen that didn't have purpose or a plan or something that could benefit the other person because that's just how things work.  The Inquisitors are ... they --

"They're protectors, Cei," he tells me, leaning back in his chair, eyes thoughtful and solemn as he looks out the window.  He's got that look on his face, the one he gets when he's been stewing over something a couple days and he's finally decided to talk about it.  "They don't look it, I know.  A lot of the times I doubt it, too.  But they establish order, and people are so much better off when they have rules, simple cause and effect changes that they can work under.  You're right, lots of them are very, very cruel.  But I'm not, and won't be.  And they make sure Aspernor keeps running, that everything is as it should be."

I rip myself out of that shit.  IT'S NOT HOW IT SHOULD BE.

"Maybe he's trying to make Aspernor a better place," I say, but realize too late that we're not talking about the same person, that I said it and meant it but not, probably not about the Head Inquisitor, though ... what do I know.  I don't know what people want or are trying to do.  And I've said it now, so I gotta run with it, even if I don't mean it.  "5 girls against all Aspernor?"  Doesn't make sense.  A person would only ever have to deal with the people in charge.  "Wrong way to think about it.  You wanna fight Aspernor, you take on the people who actually call the shots, not the ones that don't have a choice."  I feel myself squirm inside, why am I doing this?  "It's what I did..  Didn't work out so well first shot, but they couldn't kill me so here I am, take two."  You asshat what the hell are you doing?  I remind myself it doesn't matter -- there's not a person in this room could harm me, I can't be hurt, I can't be won over, because I will ALWAYS come out on top.
Captain Whitehawk
Student Creator
Student Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wishie on Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:19 pm

~ Carina ~

Coolly, I look at her. She doesn't seem to have so much as glanced in my direction, and I wonder what her crosses are.

Excellent Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael DeathFlame on Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:04 am

Monica: So she really is against the government. Or, at least, the people in the government, right now. That's not uncommon here, with the people who come and go in the apartment. It's definitely true for Odessa, and it looks like it's true for Cei too. Kuz-Kuz just shrugs again, though. "I'm happy with fighting whoever. Doesn't matter to me if they've got a fancy title or whatever." She nods at Odessa and Carina. "I don't know what the rest of you are gonna do, but I'm down with just about everything. Kind of like not knowing what you're all scheming. Keeps things interesting."

Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wishie on Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:31 am

~ Carina ~

"I'm not scheming," I say in my most unconvincing voice.

Excellent Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Whitehawk on Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:46 am

Cei

I look over at the last speaker. I'd noticed her before, but hadn't really looked at her prior to this. She's pretty and slim and tired. Something about the way she's sitting, the way she's said what few words she has, suggests to me ... something. She looks like a second or third rate version of ... herself, I'd guess. Not much a rebel if she talks about shit like this like that. I don't feel too impressed.

But I hear her. She has plans, and intends to get them rolling, eventually some way somehow. Me, I shrug. "I don't have plans. I just have a hit list."

Student Creator
Student Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:04 pm

- Odessa -

I snort at the conversation, but say nothing. Carina claims that she's not scheming, and Cei says all she has is a hit list. I'm tempted to say that I'm not planning anything, but in a way, I am, aren't I? That is, I'm planning to protect someone.

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
Currengly Binging: Basically every Disney movie ever
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael DeathFlame on Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:47 pm

Monica: And all I have is anxiety. I don't say anything, because I feel like it's kind of not my place to add anything to this. I mean, I'm not even fourteen yet. Maybe there are thirteen-year-olds out there who're figuring out plans to blow up a city or something. But I'm not one of those people.

Kuz-Kuz snickers at everyone's answer (or in me and Odessa's case, our not answers), making her way over to the couches. "So, five girls with no plans and a whole bunch of guns and knives. What the hell could go wrong?"

Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Whitehawk on Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:58 pm

Cei

"I've got ass-kicking, hatred, and I'm not leaving certain people alive." I shrug. "I don't need anything else. Plans? Good things, make everything easier. But I don't care about having one and really, I don't need one. But ... if other people have goals and they work with mine, I'll work with 'em. I just gotta have my way in the end, then I'm gone."

Student Creator
Student Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 29 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top