Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

x3  

Latest topics
» Seoulite[SGRP]
Today at 2:41 am by Kane

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Today at 1:00 am by Kane

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Yesterday at 2:31 pm by WritingBookworm

» Harwell's Fan Thread!
Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:53 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:34 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» Irongale Fan Thread!
Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:15 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» The World of Swords [SGRPG] [FULL]
Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:38 am by Hero of Time

» Red Queen {RP Thread}
Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:59 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster [OPENING APP THREAD]
Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:05 pm by Hime

August 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

-Roleplaying Thread- Anaphora: Entropy

Page 28 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: -Roleplaying Thread- Anaphora: Entropy

Post by Captain Whitehawk on Sat May 13, 2017 4:50 pm

Cei

Giving up time? Probably. If she wants to come along then she will, but if she spends the entire evening in her room then I'm going to be ... not worried? No, not ... not that. "It'll be fun," I say, but then rock myself off the door and go back down the hall, jumping over the furniture again to plant myself on an armchair, hands on my hips.

"Alright crew, this is gonna be kickass. It's real simple but first things first," I play the points out on my fingers, flicking them up as I go. "One, no locking yourself in any rooms. Two, no weapons. Three, no Trait stuff. If you can't win without it, then that's probably because you suck." I wink at Kuz, then jump off the chair to the floor. "We're gonna call jail this couch," I jerk my thumb at the one a few feet from me. "Moved all the furniture to make things more interesting, since there's no streets here. So you've got one person who's the Inquisitor, right? And they count to thirty, eyes closed, and while they're doing that everyone books it and finds someplace to hide. Everybody who isn't the Inquisitor is a Trait Bearer on the run, and if you are, you don't want to be found.." It's been at least two years since I played, but maybe a decade since I had to explain and I'm feeling a little sick. I'm not a ... a Trait Bearer, I guess, but ... I did have to leave, and --

FOCUS! "So the Inquisitor is hunting you down and if they find you they have to take you --no telling, you gotta take -- the Trait Bearer back to jail. This can here?" I pick it up off the ground. "If somebody not in jail kicks it and everything falls out, the person who's been in jail the longest gets to go free. Inquisitor can only snag one person a time, if they get 'em all then the game is over, new Inquisitor is whoever's been in jail the least. Got it?"

Student Creator
Student Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael DeathFlame on Sat May 13, 2017 6:33 pm

Chase: "That's not how we do our job, actually."

Monica: I don't know why Cei winks at Ash when she's talking about the Trait stuff, and I don't know why Ash gets this weird looking grin after it, but I pay more attention to the rules of the game than I do that. I never played this game with Finsa and I obviously never played it with Chase, so I focus on the rules. The taking part probably isn't gonna work too well for me, not with how much bigger everyone else is, and even if I was faster than everyone else the apartment is too small to just run around in circles forever. So unless the Inquisitor is upstairs forever and I'm downstairs, that means I probably shouldn't try freeing people from jail too much either. That means I'm going to have to hide somewhere good, stay away from the running and the taking as much as possible. Maybe the one leg I have up on everyone else is being here the longest, so I know this place the best.

As I'm going through different hiding spots I can start hearing the quiet "thumps" Ash is making from hopping up and down. I'm pretty sure she was doing that a bit when Cei was talking, but it's more obvious now. "This is gonna be kickass. So can we fight when the Inquisitor finds us?"

Profound Creator
Profound Creator

http://Wizard101central.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Whitehawk on Sat May 13, 2017 8:13 pm

Cei

I open my mouth to immediately say "no," because that could be dangerous, but then I think, well, why the hell not?  Brawling is tons of fun!  "Yes, but you have to leave Monica out of it for sure.
Too sweet, gotta leave her be."  Oh skies, this means Kuz and I will be brawling later, doesn't it.  I have to bite back a grin, focus my mind elsewhere.  This is about the game, you silly feck, not every pretty lady who crosses your path.

Student Creator
Student Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael DeathFlame on Sun May 14, 2017 9:12 am

Monica: I let out a bit of sigh on the inside, because not having to fight grown women is definitely a good thing. Ash seems pretty happy with the rule too. "Sick." She cracks her knuckles, still grinning. "So, who's it first, huh?"

Profound Creator
Profound Creator

http://Wizard101central.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Sun May 14, 2017 3:16 pm

- Odessa -

She leaves surprisingly easily. Huh. I thought it would take more than that to get her to go.

I try to go back to my exercises, but the more I try, the more I find it difficult to focus. Did I hurt her, by declining the invitation? She certainly didn't seem hurt. I shouldn't worry about that. Why am I worrying about it?

Just focus on how much you Hate her for interrupting you. I take that emotion, try to compound on it, make it bigger than it actually is.

But do I really hate her for that? I'm annoyed, maybe, but hate is a pretty strong word for this situation.

"Oh hell," I groan. I won't be able to focus unless I go out and play the game Cei, will I?

Cursing the situation, I walk out of my room and linger around the main entrance to the living room, catching a fair bit of the rules.

- Cedric -

God, I can't take this. I push myself off of the porch railing. I can't just stay here all day. I have to go out, do something. Yeah, and look what happened the last time you did that without your girlfriend to protect you.

Ignoring my own self-deprecating thoughts, I call out to Tess, "Hey, I think I'm going to go out into town."

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
Currengly Binging: Basically every Disney movie ever
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni on Sun May 14, 2017 5:09 pm

-Tess-

"What?" She set the plate she was washing back down in the sink. She'd deal with it later. "Did you just say what I think you just said?" she asked as she made her way down the hall and out onto the patio. "Because what I think you just said is, no, that shit's not happening. You should be in bed. Resting."

Avatar by Tara | Art by Ashley Cope
Omni
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Sun May 14, 2017 5:34 pm

- Cedric -

"Why?" I say. "Luke's Compassion thing healed my wound completely, I cleaned myself up a bit, I got a bit of sleep, I'm fine."

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wishie on Sun May 14, 2017 6:31 pm

~ Carina ~

I keep my face carefully blank while Cei is explaining the rules, then blink when the rule about the fighting is implemented. Sweet...? Do I want to fight someone?

I look around the room. Hell, yeah, I want to fight someone.

"Well, you suggested the game, Cei," I say, suppressing a grin. "Maybe you should be 'it' first. Show the rest of us how to do it."

Excellent Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Whitehawk on Sun May 14, 2017 9:50 pm

Cei

I blink.  Actually, I never intended to be the Inquisitor.  Not because it isn't fun, but because when you're the Inquisitor you pick up on how everything works the fastest because you're the rules.  Not that you made them, just that all the other parts of the game revolve around you: you are the thing everyone else has to work around.  

I survey the group fast.  Kuz-Kuz might not even try to hide, she's bouncing up and down and we'll be brawling within the first five minutes, guaranteed.  I don't even know if she'll actually play the game if it means she can brawl.  Which is fine, but the game is the most important part.  I don't know anything about Carina except I don't think she likes me and she can really hold her booze.  Betcha she's not gonna do much unless the game brings the fun right to her.  Monica's super cute and she ... well, she's got that window thing going on.  So she'll hold back and watch?  At least for a while.  And then I don't know what.  And -- Odessa?!

"Oh sweet," I say, and grin at her.  "Welcome to the fun."  I thought she was gonna stick to herself, but she's not, which is a pleasant surprise. Wild card.  I don't know.  I'm interested in figuring it out though, see what else the faker will pull out of her pockets.

"I can, yeah.  Hope you're all fast!"  I grin, take a step back till I can feel the chair's too-nice cloth brush at the back of my boots.  I drop my hands to my sides, loosen up, close my eyes, and listen.   "1, 2, 3, 4 ..." I start to count.

Student Creator
Student Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Tue May 16, 2017 2:50 pm

@Michael DeathFlame wrote:Chase: I didn't expect to feel relieved when she says it; I was correct in that belief. Knowing that I didn't want to leave doesn't change the fact that I did. I didn't want a lot of things to happen when I was younger, but that didn't save any of us. Oh for skies sake, Therese Zeidan is alive and here with you. For once in your miserable life, stop pitying yourself. I feel myself ready to respond to that thought, reminding myself of what can happen to her if the Warlord gets a sniff of her, but for now I push that back. In a few minutes, I'll go back to worrying about anything else under the sun.

I focus back on her instead; not what's happened before, her, here, right now. I can't believe I didn't notice it until now, but she still wears her hair the way she used to all of those years ago. There's things about her that have changed, obviously; just by hugging her I could feel the knots of muscles, no doubt years' worth of training and fighting. Still, the seemingly meaningless detail sparks a ghost of a smile. "When the world stops exploding we need to fill each other in. Do something normal, for a change."

- Therese -

Normal. The last time I did anything even remotely normal . . . the once-sweet memory leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. But maybe, doing something with him wouldn't leave that same bitterness. "I think I would like that. We have nine years' worth of catching up to do, after all."

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next