Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

x3  

Latest topics
» Seoulite[SGRP]
Today at 2:41 am by Kane

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Today at 1:00 am by Kane

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Yesterday at 2:31 pm by WritingBookworm

» Harwell's Fan Thread!
Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:53 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:34 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» Irongale Fan Thread!
Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:15 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» The World of Swords [SGRPG] [FULL]
Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:38 am by Hero of Time

» Red Queen {RP Thread}
Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:59 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster [OPENING APP THREAD]
Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:05 pm by Hime

August 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

-Roleplaying Thread- Anaphora: Entropy

Page 26 of 29 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: -Roleplaying Thread- Anaphora: Entropy

Post by Captain Whitehawk on Tue May 09, 2017 11:37 am

Eryl

I feel like I get my arm ripped out of my own socket. See I realize pretty quickly that he's tall but I'm very small which means that when he's dragging me along I just can't keep up. "Ow ow ow ow ow -- Plumbus stop --" I loosen my hand out of his, regain my arm, and keep running.

As I suspected, I can't keep up with legs that are ... well ... his. I ignore the growing stitch in my side and try to put on a brave face.

Student Creator
Student Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Katt Nexus on Tue May 09, 2017 2:26 pm

Upon hearing his name followed by "stop," Plumbus skids to a halt and does a one eighty spin and rushes back to Eryl.

He cups his hands and yells out "Zana! Wait up!" Then turns to Eryl with a concerned expression on his face. "Are you okay Eryl? Did I hurt you? I'm so sorry! Can I help you?"

Katt Nexus
Novice Creator
Novice Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael DeathFlame on Tue May 09, 2017 9:14 pm

Monica: The blank page of my notebook looks right back at me, and it almost feels like the blankness of it is laughing at me. Outside of the date on the right hand corner of it, there's nothing else on the page, even though I've been sitting in front of it for the a while now. And it's not even like nothing happened today, so I don't even have that excuse. I packed up for Zeke, met Cei... yeah, it definitely wasn't a boring day, that's for sure.

The problem's that I don't know what to feel about all of it, and even if I did, I wouldn't know how to say it. Usually I'm pretty good with writing what I feel in my journal; I think I got a good grip on what I think, what I feel, stuff like that. Well, I usually got a good grip on it. Not today, though. All I've done is stare at the journal for a while, getting distracted by the smallest things. I don't know if I'm just tired for some reason, or if it's something else that I don't know about. I think it's the last one, but knowing that I don't know something isn't too much help.

I lean my elbow on my desk, eyes trailing lazily down at the floor. Wonder what Zeke and Cei are thinking. Zeke is kind of dumb, sure, but he's still got a brain up there somewhere. And he might act like he's got everything all easy and done up, but I don't believe that, not completely at least. Will he miss me? I mean, I know he'll obviously miss me, we're friends. But how much? As much as I'll miss him? He'd never admit it, he's too much of a boy to do that. I don't know why I care about him missing me or not. It's probably stupid, but it feels important to me. I'll write him letters for sure, but will he? Zeke's real serious about protecting Adam Guerre. Will he forget about me? No, he won't forget about me, it's silly to think that. But he might forget to write back once, then maybe again, and again, and I just-

"Hey, you guys wanna play a game?" I shake my head to get the fuzziness out of it, taking a second to take the new voice in. A game? That's... kind of exciting, I'm not going to lie. It's not like I'm getting anywhere with my journal, and it'll keep my mind off this sort of stuff, I think. And I haven't really played games in, well, in a long time, not with other people. But there's only five of us, and I don't even think a lot of them'd want to do kid stuff like that...

Oh, whatever, stop being such a downer. "Yeah, coming!" I go to get up and I'm halfway to the door before I skid to a stop, turning around just long enough to push the journal back into my desk before bounding out of my room.

Last edited by Michael DeathFlame on Wed May 10, 2017 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Profound Creator
Profound Creator

http://Wizard101central.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmicmurder on Tue May 09, 2017 10:48 pm

(IM GETTING THINGS MOVING LADS)

Viona

Port Rakehell was cold and damp and reeked utterly of fish and filth.
Viona tipped her head back, studying the sky overhead. Dreary, as usual, the gray clouds overhead close to bursting with rain. A chilly breeze tousled her hood, and she straightened, pulling her cloak a little tighter around herself.
The alley was dark, slick with saltwater and grime, and, unsurprisingly, quite empty, save for a few unsavory characters clustered toward the back end.
Viona was one of those unsavory characters.
Her brother was another.
Vasil often insisted on bringing her along during business, she assumed so that he could keep a close eye on her. This was because, she knew, he still didn’t trust her, not entirely. Not after the incident in Avaditas.
“This should be the last of it,” Vasil said, dropping a small plastic bag into the waiting hand before him. A trio of men huddled around the pair, all rough, all dirty, and all absolutely necessary to the next phase of their plan.
Well, mostly.
The ringleader, an older, grim-faced man named Gavyn, was the only one of absolute necessity to the pair. As the rumors had it, the old man operated a large-scale smuggling operation throughout Western Aspernor, funneling most of the contraband through Aspernori cargo trains into Port Rakehell. Their hope was, if he could smuggle supplies in he may just as well have been able to smuggle them out.
It had taken them months of careful planning to even get this far; Gavyn had been hard to track down, and even harder to get an audience with. That was where his lackeys, Finch and Dagg, had come into play. After months of effort, Vasil had successfully permeated their inner circle. And after an agonizing several weeks of acting as their unofficial errand boy, he had convinced them to arrange a meeting for him with Gavyn.
Finally.
Finch, she didn’t particularly mind. He was willowy and quiet, with a mop of shaggy copper hair and an affinity for blending into the recesses of the crowd. Dagg, on the other hand, was stocky and aggressive and loud, and absolutely always shitfaced. Viona positively loathed him on the best of days.
And today, when he snaked his arm around her waist and yanked her toward him, was not one of those days.
Not at all.
“Sorry t’say, price of admission just went up, Vas,” he slurred, leaning toward her, and added, “Though, we’d be willin’ to let it slide if you tossed in your pretty sister here.”
Viona punched the barrel of her revolver into his gut with one hand, lightly pressing the blade of her dagger into the flesh below his jugular with the other. The smile that followed was lazy, rehearsed, and cold. Utterly lacking in feeling. “How about,” she mused, “You take what we first agreed on, and I don’t splatter your insides across the road?”
Vasil leaned back against the wall, a lazy smile sliding onto his face. His eyes, however, were bright, focused; playing out their options from here. “If I were you,” he added, crossing his arms over his chest, “I would take her up on that offer, Dagg.”
The moments that followed were agonizingly slow, the tension hanging over them thick enough to cut with a knife. Finally, Gavyn cast a sideways glance at Finch, who nodded and, silently, wrapped a hand around Dagg’s arm. Slowly, Viona pulled back her weapons, and he led him down the alley and around the corner, out of sight. Vasil let out a heavy sigh.
“I apologize for that,” he started, running a hand through his hair. The expression he wore was halfheartedly sheepish. “My sister can be a bit of a handful. Ladies, you know.”
She fought the urge to roll her eyes far, far back into her head.
Gavyn studied them for a moment before turning his attention back to the small package in his hand, rolling it in his palm. He nodded curtly, stuffed it into his pocket, and began to make his way down the alley. Vasil stiffened, wide eyes snapping to his sister, who cast a similar look back. After a few steps, the old man turned to them over his shoulder, beckoning them to follow.
Vasil let his shoulders fall, breathing a silent sigh of relief, and cast a tired smile at Viona. He gave her hand a gentle squeeze before moving ahead. She fell into step behind him, and the trio rounded the corner, disappearing into the crowd.
Finally. They were on their way.
cosmicmurder
Novice Creator
Novice Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Whitehawk on Tue May 09, 2017 10:52 pm

Eryl

Help me? Help me??? What was that supposed to mean?? "I -- um, I -- I'm fine, I just -- I can't keep up with you, your legs are too long and I ... I don't like being touched." I keep myself walking, at least till we can still run again.

"You're slow!" Zana whines. "Come on, come on!"

"We can keep going, it's fine, you're okay," I say, and then, feeling very awkard and out of place, not sure of myself or if I should've said as much as I did -- what if he thinks I'm being mean or weird? No, no, it doesn't matter. I start running again.

Cei

I hear Monica from upstairs and grin. That's one. Good! She'll be a good player. She's also younger than everyone else so I'll have to accommodate for that later. "Kuuuuuz! Carina! Odessa! Get your lazy asses out here, we're gonna get real serious." Not to be dramatic but I'm starting to feel it. When's the last time I played this game? Skies it's been at least two years -- but I kicked ass last time so I'll do it again, and it'll be great and everyone will have fun. It's safe to say that this is one of my favorite games.

After the can is washed out I have to find something to rattle around in there. Drawers, drawers, drawers, I pull them open one by one, look 'em over, close 'em quick and put it at all back. Shit, it's so weird that there aren't just rocks lying around, rocks are the best way to do everything. But there aren't rocks, which is weird but then I remember I'm in an apartment shitting itself in money and then I feel a little disgusted but I remember and I get it. I grab a few heavy forks, put them weighted side down in the can, set it on the counter, then start picking up the tables, the couches, the chairs and moving them to the side. We're going to need space for this one -- and stuff to jump over will make it more fun too.

"If you don't come out to play it's because you fucking suck!" I yell, and then remember I was trying to be good and not swear. Finding the nearest wall, I bang my head against it a couple times for good measure.

Student Creator
Student Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmicmurder on Tue May 09, 2017 11:33 pm

Vasil

He finally breathed once the train began to move.
It hadn’t taken long for Vasil and Viona to meet back up with Gavyn after their rendezvous in the alley, and after a brief trip back to their flat to gather their few belongings, they had been on their way to the train station south of Port Rakehell before the day was up.
The plan had been to hide the two inside the cargo containers rather than risk someone spotting the two stowaways boarding the train itself. So, after a few hours of stiff limbs and being tossed around, there they were. They’d done it.
Vasil delivered a sound kick to the lid of the crate, popping it off. With a groan, he pushed himself up and tossed his legs over the edge, rolling onto the floor. “Vi?” he called. “You out?”
He was greeted by a muffled response to his left. Pushing himself to his feet, Vasil made his way to his sister’s crate and helped off the top, helping her out and onto the floor. She stretched her arms over her head, and brushed herself off. “I can’t believe we pulled this off,” she sighed.
Vasil ran a hand through his hair and shook his head, sinking to the floor. He leaned back against a crate. “I guess the easy part is over, huh?” He glanced up at her. “Port Rakehell, I mean.”
“Considering our next stop is Mars, you’re probably right.” Viona sat down next to him. “Just keep your guard up.”
cosmicmurder
Novice Creator
Novice Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wishie on Wed May 10, 2017 9:07 pm

~ Carina ~

A game. Is Cei kidding? I poke my head out of my door, bottle of alcohol in hand. Oh hell she's not kidding.

Excellent Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Wed May 10, 2017 9:29 pm

- Odessa -

I breathe in, and then out.

Standing in the center of my room, eyes closed, I make myself focus. Hate is my weapon. Like any weapon, it needs to refined, honed, sharpened. So I make myself remember why I Hate, so I can indeed use it.

I remember the times Taeya and I spent giggling and gossipping. I remember how that all came to an end when the Avaditan government seized her and executed all of the Passion out of her. I remember how my father never did anything as the government, as punishment, assigned me the job of prostitute and took me away to a brothel. He didn't do anything. Just stood by and didn't say a word.

I can already feel my Hate beginning to overflow.

Even keeping the memories in mind, even remembering exactly all the wrongs the government did to me, I take my Hate and keep it controlled. That part, simply maintaining a level of control, isn't too hard, after Cyrus's teachings. The more interesting part is the one where I whittle the Hate down, make it more precise. I don't have a hard time with it. But I'm not having quite as easy of a time with it as I'd like.

With my Hate controlled, I begin to whittle it down. Instead of being like a force field splayed around the area, it becomes akin to a spear, long and thin and sharp and ready to attack at the right moment --

"Hey! You guys wanna play a game?"

I decide to ignore Cei. She's lucky she didn't startle me enough to accidentally throw that spear of Hate at her. Putting her out of my mind, I go back to sharpening my --

"If you don't come out to play it's because you ******* suck!"

My eye twitches. I'd rather suck than play a game. How old does she think we are? Either way, I'm not budging from my spot.

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
Currengly Binging: Basically every Disney movie ever
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Whitehawk on Wed May 10, 2017 9:55 pm

Cei

I stack the last table out of the way, put my can in the center.  There, set up is good.  I get the sense that someone who actually knew the game would berate me for the setup, that I could do better putting that there and this over there but ... pfffttt it'll do.  I survey my handiwork, see Monica and Carina.  "Come on you two, this'll be lots of fun! I'll explain in a minute."  My head tilts to the side. I'm only counting three of us.  "Where's Kuz?" I ask of Monica.  "And ... Odessa ...?"  It's probably too early for me to have pissed off both of them into hiding, though I guess that's not too far out of the way as far as possibilities go.

They probably think it's dumb, I realize, then bite that thought off.  It's not dumb.  Everything, EVERYTHING is shit.  Might as well make some things enjoyable for once.  And of course if I have my way I'll be raising some serious hell within twenty-four hours and I ...

I want to calm down, just a little bit.  Make getting out of the most fucked up place I've ever been in worthwhile instead of traveling from one misery to another. This isn't perfect but it doesn't have to be. I'll take what I can get.

Student Creator
Student Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Katt Nexus on Thu May 11, 2017 11:16 am

Plumbus shoots a concerned look towards Eryl, not quite believing that she's okay. However, upon hearing Zana's playful taunting, he takes a quick step, a hop, and sprints after her. She's almost at the station, only a few hundred yards away now.

Katt Nexus
Novice Creator
Novice Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 29 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top