FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
September 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Infinity's Row: Untold Stories

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Re: Infinity's Row: Untold Stories

Post by WritingBookworm on Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:26 pm

- Natasha -

"I'll continue looking for the lighter, then." I know I should probably be going upstairs with Sierra, making sure Yupik's okay. But if he knows it's Amanda . . . I trust Sierra can handle it.

"One so impure of body and soul was deemed unworthy of the crystal's light, and forbidden to ascend."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: Sabriel by Garth Nix
Currently Watching: The Dragon Prince
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael DeathFlame on Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:04 pm

Yupik: I look up at the creaking staircase, watching Sierra make her way up and into the loft area. She's not hurrying and has Man-Eater at her belt, so whatever's going on, I don't think we're in any immediate danger. But that doesn't make me feel too much better. "Is everything okay?"

"I guess." She huffs, leans up against the wall. Her eyes flicker out the window and stay there for a good bit. "Natasha got a... box. Not a bomb or nothing like that, just some stuff and a letter or something." Her lips draw back for a second in a snarl before flattening back into a line. "It was Amanda."

"We knew it." So did I, but I didn't want it to be true. When I breathe in again it's almost like I breathe in a bunch of rocks, because all the sudden my chest and stomach've gone hard and I feel like something's caught in my throat. I got out of the cave, physically and mentally, we beat Fe and Arker and everything's alright, I can walk again and Natasha loves me, it should be over, the cave should be gone, but when I close my eyes I can't open them back up, or maybe I do open them but I still can't see anything because I'm blind, I blew my eyes off when I killed Natasha and I'm in the dark and the chains are biting into my wrists and ankles and I can't feel the ground because I'm still hanging here and I'm naked and cold and shivering and there's a wave of warm air brushing against my neck and a whisper, "Good morning, love," and her hand cups my cheek before her thumb drives into the broken bones in my face and I'm too tired to do anything but moan and her other hand goes down lower, lower, lower-

"-you hear me? Hey, you're here, not there, hey?" I don't open my eyes, the world just lights back up, and it's her hair that I see first, and it's her hand grabbing my arm that I feel next and all at once it's skin grabbing at Our skin-

"No!" I fling her off and she goes stumbling a few steps but I don't watch her regain her balance. "Just don't, don't touch me," I breathe, and I don't care if she can hear it or not, I tuck my knees up to my chest and push my forehead into them, counting my heartbeats and breathing in as much air as I can. The walls are coming in and I can tell that her voice is a second away from coming back but no, no, I'm not having another panic attack, not here, not in front of everyone again, I don't want them to get sick of me because I'm already getting sick of me. I close my eyes, count to ten and then backwards and then back again, shouting the numbers off in my head to drown out Them and Amanda and everything else.

Thanks so much to Lissy for the signature!
Michael DeathFlame
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

http://Wizard101central.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:52 pm

- Natasha -

I set the box relatively far from the trees, because as angry as I'm feeling, I'd rather not start a forest fire. In the clearing, with the box in the center, I kneel down and jam my finger on the trigger of the lighter. A flame sprouts from the barrel on the third try, and with that, I set fire to the box. The fire starts slowly at first, tepidly licking at the bottom of the cardboard. But when I press the lighter to it three more times, it's only a minute before the entire thing is drowning in flames.

I drop the lighter, crossing my arms as I watch the smoke slither up into the sky. That box can burn. And so can Amanda.

"One so impure of body and soul was deemed unworthy of the crystal's light, and forbidden to ascend."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael DeathFlame on Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:41 pm

Yupik: The walls never fully come together and squash me. They stay right up against me, always threatening to do it if they just pinched together another inch or two, keeping my breathes short and my heart quick, keeping the world around me black, keeping Them screaming and jeering and me counting up and down and up and down again over and over in my head. But the walls go away, I can breathe again, and I open my eyes. Sierra's squatting in front of me. Miranda's standing off to the side. Natasha's probably downstairs. Everyone is okay. And so am I. Amanda was here, but she's gone.

But it doesn't feel that way. The panic attack, it didn't come this time, but the anxiety it brought is still there, like I'm still on the verge of falling back into it. My hands are only shaking a little bit, but I can feel the rest of Us buzzing. My head in particular is really going, the sweat that came up cooling and chilling, and without any hair my entire head feels frozen, fuzzy, ready to shatter. I rub my hand over my head to try to warm it up, but the second I feel the stubby hair my hand shoots back down. It's stubby because she cut it and she cut it because she wanted to hurt me and she hurt Us alright, and I'm still mostly bald and I'm still mostly hurt. Why did I throw out the beanie? I thought it would make me feel better but it's not working. I don't want to see or feel my head, I don't want to see or feel anything, and now without my beanie everyone will always be reminded about what happened, they'll think about what's left of Us and how can We expect them to-

I slam my eyes shut again. I need to calm down. They were creeping in there. I don't know for how long but They were there. They were the ones saying all of those things.

"We said some of those things, yes. But most of that was you."

Liars.

"Believe whatever you want, then. Or try to believe it, anyway. We already know you'll fail to convince yourself. We know you much better than you know yourself."

I open my eyes again, keep them on the ground. I stand shakily to my feet, pain spiking up from my right ankle at first until I get my balance right. I can walk. I don't need to limp anymore. I'm getting better. She's getting further away. Even if the panic doesn't go away she's away. Away enough.

My stomach grumbles, but I feel too sick to try to eat anything. I just want to go back to bed. Not go back to sleep; sometimes that's almost worse. Just be in bed and stare at the wall and not do anything. Stay there until it all passes for the time being. But they can't see me like that too often. They've already seen enough of it. They can't think I'm weak. "They'll find that out eventually."

Eventually is better than now.
I clear my throat, look up at Sierra before looking back down. "I'll do some more cleaning downstairs." My voice doesn't shake that much, definitely less than I thought it would. I walk past Sierra and Miranda, down the stairs, and into the kitchen. Most of it is still in pieces. I don't mind, though. This feels fitting. I grab the broom and scooper thing, and start sweeping up the glass that's still stuck in the corners of the room.

Michael DeathFlame
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:08 am

- Natasha -

The only reason I don't let that thing burn all day long is because I don't want to start a forest fire. After that thing has been thoroughly charred, I toss dirt over the fire, stamping it out with my feet once it's died down enough.

I can't bring myself to say anything as I reenter the cabin, spotting Yupik cleaning up more of the glass.

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael DeathFlame on Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:33 pm

Yupik: The broom jerks with my head when I look up at the sudden movement, but it's not the woman I expected. My lips are numb and my throat feels raw even though I didn't cry, so I turn back to the mess instead of saying anything. I keep cleaning for a few seconds, watching the rhythmic motions of the broom. My eyes stay down when I finally say, "Things'll calm down. Soon, I think."

Michael DeathFlame
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:42 pm

- Natasha -

"That's what we always say." I plop down on the couch, leaning forward. I hold my forehead in my hands, like all I want to do is fall asleep. "But it never does." And if what Amanda said was true, then it won't. There are many things I would like to call Amanda, but I am hesitant to call her a liar.

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael DeathFlame on Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:23 pm

Yupik: I take a step towards her to comfort her. But the thought of touching her sends something under skin buzzing and crawling, stopping me in my tracks and shooting my heart rate right back up. "Oh? So you're afraid of the bitch now too?"

I'm not, shut up.
I'm not, I swear to the spirits I'm not afraid of her. But I can't touch her, not now. I crouch on the ground instead, rubbing my hand over my face to push some of the buzzing out of it. "Well, um... I mean, everything ends, right? Good spells, bad ones. It's gotta come. Eventually." I don't think any of that did much good, but I couldn't just not talk.

Michael DeathFlame
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:45 pm

- Natasha -

Maybe he's right. Maybe I can end all of the pain, end everything, permanently. All it would take as a simple sai to my chest and --

I take a deep breath. No. I'm not going to go there. Yupik needs me. I need to stay alive, not just for him, but for myself.

I grab one of Yupik's hands and squeeze it. Just his presence lights my darkness.

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael DeathFlame on Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:03 pm

(...WELL THAT WAS DARK.)

Yupik: When she grabs me alarm bells blaze off in my head, and every cell in my brain screams down at my arm to pull back and away. But instead when she squeezes my hand she squeezes my lungs too, and all the air and fight go out with it. The buzzing under my skin gets too strong, blocking any kind of movement I try to make. My fingers stay unstiffen after the initial shock, but they don't curl into to fit with hers. I keep my eyes on the ground, mouth open in the effort to speak or scream or just breathe and failing at all of them. All I can do is wait for her to let go.

Michael DeathFlame
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next