Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

Latest topics
» Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Yesterday at 10:22 pm by Sentinel

» Naruto: Will of Fire [RP Thread]
Yesterday at 8:04 pm by boyhoy

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Yesterday at 2:43 pm by WritingBookworm

» Irongale Fan Thread!
Yesterday at 12:09 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» Harwell's Institute: Resonance
Yesterday at 1:21 am by WritingBookworm

» Winter Night
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:54 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» Harwell's Fan Thread!
Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:13 pm by Comrade Squid

» [APPLICATIONS THREAD] Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:36 pm by WritingBookworm

» Infinity's Row: Untold Stories
Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:41 pm by Michael DeathFlame

December 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

Infinity's Row: Untold Stories

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Infinity's Row: Untold Stories

Post by Michael DeathFlame on Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:22 pm

Yupik: "Well, yeah, you a got a point there." It doesn't make this whole mess feel any more manageable, but it's something, and that's a start. I follow her lead as I start moving into the room, looking around for somewhere to start. "You talk of saving people, but you can't even decide what you want to clean first. If you're one of the world's saviors, N'al Ren has dark days ahead of it."

I look over down at the ground, off to the side of the room. There's still some shards of glass there, and even if we're wearing shoes, that's probably not the best thing to have lying around. I look around for a trash bag, scooping one that's not too full off the ground. "I don't know what I want to do, or even what we can do, but, well, I don't know if I want to keep fighting, the way Row does at least. I know that it's, you know, sometimes you don't get a choice and you just gotta do what you gotta do, but I never liked it. It never felt... it never felt right, I guess."

Profound Creator
Profound Creator

http://Wizard101central.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:50 pm

- Natasha -

"It's hard to feel right about that."

I don't know what else to say after that. There's a layer of dust on the top of a door that's been open too long, so thick that it looks like gray cotton. I sweep it off of the top of the door.

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: The Fallen by Thomas E. Sniegoski and the Emperor's Soul by Brandon Sanderson
Currently Binging: The Star Wars Movie Saga
4 Days Until Star Wars: The Last Jedi
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael DeathFlame on Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:28 pm

Yupik: I look over at Natasha again, and I feel... surprised, I think. "You assumed your bitch was a psychopathic murder machine? We wouldn't blame you if you did. The rest of N'al Ren would agree with you."

Well the rest of N'al Ren's been wrong about a lot of things.
I never thought that Natasha liked hurting or killing people; even when we first met I didn't think that. I just always figured she thought the fighting felt right to her. And I didn't think that in a bad way, not at all. I always felt like I was the only person who felt wrong about fighting, even if we were doing it for the right reasons. Or, well, thought we were doing it for the right reasons. But that's another issue for another day. The point is, I didn't think Natasha saw what we did that way. But, well, now I know.

I shake my head when I realize I haven't been doing anything for the past few seconds. I force myself to bend back down, carefully moving some of the larger bits of glass into the trash bag first. But before long my hands move slower and my thoughts come quicker. Because Natasha was with the Row longer than we were; not as much as Gentry or Elias, but still a while. Did she feel wrong fighting like that all this time? Did anyone else know that about her? Probably not, knowing her. That's... that must be really lonely. Carrying around all that by yourself for so long, I mean. At least I always had Sierra to talk to, even if she wouldn't agree to me. I don't think Natasha's ever had someone like that.

Well, maybe now she can.

I straighten my back a little bit, lowering the trash bag back to the ground. I'm afraid that if I try saying anything I just thought it'll either come out really badly or really stupidly, so instead I reach out and lay my hand against the small of her back, rubbing up her spine with my thumb.

Last edited by Michael DeathFlame on Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:02 am

- Natasha -

I breathe in as I feel a pressure against the small of my back, then a thumb sliding up and down my spine. I arc my back, smiling softly, and trust myself to lean into him.

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: The Fallen by Thomas E. Sniegoski and the Emperor's Soul by Brandon Sanderson
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael DeathFlame on Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:07 pm

Yupik: Spirits I love that smile. I haven't seen it too much with everything that's been happening, but I still love it. "We'll concede that your bitch loves you. Why she does is a mystery to Us, but she does anyway. You're a lucky boy."

Are You... complimenting us?

"No, just noticing something going right in your life for once. That'll make it even more amusing when you lose her."

Should've seen that coming.
I focus back on Natasha instead of Them. "I never got to say it yesterday or before that, but, uh, thank you. Really, thanks. For everything."

Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael DeathFlame on Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:17 pm

~TIME SKIP WOOHOO~

Sierra: Look at that, the sun rose and none of us have blown up yet. That's a fucking shocker. Coincidence that no shit went down the one day we were away from the Row? Yeah, that logic sure checks out.

Believe it or not I actually wasn't thinking about the Row too much. Not for the past few hours, at least. When you're out by yourself in the woods at night it's kinda tough to think about anything other than, well, the woods. It's full of things that could kill you if you give them a second to work with. Sure, none of them are blonde asshole egomaniacs, but then again, there aren't too many of those in N'al Ren. Whelp, shit, now I'm thinking about the Row again. Whatever.

I don't know if anyone's expecting me to come back with food. It's not like I was hunting. No, for once I was just walking. I don't know why, I just needed to. When my body tells me to do something, I listen. It's not like my head's gotten me anywhere in life, so there's no point in thinking anything through anyway. I don't know how long I've been walking for, but I feel a bit of relief when I see the cabin again. Food, shelter, rest. Probably more cleaning. Definitely more cleaning. But I don't feel as tense as I did yesterday.

That changes when I'm just about to open the front door, because there's some kind of... some kind of box, just sitting right there up against the wall. I look around, but I don't see anything. We're in the middle of no where after all. So who the hell came all the way out here just to drop this off?

I bend down, pulling the envelope from the top of the box. I never learned how to read, but I know that the word on this thing isn't Yupik's name; I've memorized what that looks like by now. I have no idea who this is for.

Thankfully there're people here who aren't a fucking idiot, so I head inside to find one of them. The first one I run into is Miranda. "Hey, did your voodoo friends teach you how to read?" I throw the envelope on the desk. "Got this from the mail or something. There's a box at the front too. You know who's name that is?"

Miranda doesn't say anything about the voodoo stuff. She doesn't say anything for a while after she picks up the envelope until, "Yes. This is addressed to Natasha." There's another while of neither of us saying anything. "We should get rid of this. I don't think Natasha wants to read this." She looks up at me. "I know this handwriting."

"Wha-" The word never makes it out of my mouth. The two of us just stare at each other for a while. "You sure?"

"Absolutely." She takes in a collected breath. "This might be important. I'll go find her." And so she does that.

Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:51 am

- Natasha -

Dress for the day you want to have, is a phrase that Mom and Dad would sometimes tell Mordecai and I, to encourage us not to be slobs. During my time in the Row, I didn't always put that into practice. There wasn't exactly time to, whatwith all of the death and the misery we underwent. But these days are different. There's her . . . Ebony's death, as well as our dissolvement from the Row. But I have the Vrides. Things are quiet. I've even started to make amends with my brother. Maybe today can be a good day.

So I use the old shower, miraculously working after years of disuse. I brush out my hair, make it nice, and find the cleanest outfit I own. Once we've gotten settled in, there could be time to travel to a clothing shop and find something better.

I don't know if we'll ever achieve normalcy, but it at least feels like we're getting closer.

I pad down the hall, just about to go down the staircase when I see Miranda standing there with an envelope.

My name's scrawled on it.

Wordlessly, I take it from her, flipping it the other way around as if I can tell who sent it. When I can't, I cave in, and crudely tear it open.

My Darling Natasha Reaves,

I know this will be difficult for you, but I insist that you read this letter in its entirety and examine the objects in this box thoroughly upon the completion of this letter. These things might upset you, but given the recent swing of events, you should be used to getting upset by now. Besides, I have a good feeling that you’d like to know who I am. If you burn this package, you’ll never know… well, not until I come back, at least. So if you want to get a few hints as to who has been causing you and your play mates all this misery, I’d strongly advise you stay with me through this letter. Are we understood? Wonderful! Let’s begin, then.

I’ve suffered the great misfortune of never being able to meet you in person, although it feels like I’ve known you for years. It’s funny how well you can know someone after only spending eight days with them. I know all about my lovely redhead, more than you may even know. But I know quite a bit about you as well. Oh, he talked about you a lot. It was adorable. He told me just enough for me to figure out that we, you and I, are not all that different. I’m sure you’ll adamantly deny that, as you might see us as standing in opposition to one another. I disagree with that sentiment. We’re both powerful women. I haven’t had quite the chance to prove myself in that regard yet, but you went and did that quite nicely in Rundial. I don’t know if you’ve visited the place since your little episode, but I have. Really impressive. You’ll find a few presents from there in your little party favor. But that’s for later. For now, our similarities. Yes, we’re both powerful, both possessing abilities that few can even dream of. We both have mysterious, tragic origins. We’re both beautiful women with black hair. And we both love the same boy.

I’m assuming you can guess who this is based on the beginning of this letter, and I’m also assuming my Yupik has already told you my name by now. It’s interesting; my abilities allow me to know certain things, see certain things, even if I wasn’t there to witness them myself. For example, I know you nearly killed your blonde friend and then ran off before the dust settled. I also know our boy has been having, ah, “episodes,” to put it lightly. But I still am unsure if you even know my name. Well, I’ll change that now, if it’s the case.

My name is Amanda. For most of my life I’ve been nothing, but I am in the process of changing that. In the next twenty years or so, I’m going to change the world. Until then, though, I’ll settle with simply changing your world. I was the thief who snatched your Yupik right out of your tiny little hands. I brought him into my cave and took everything from him. And in eight days I succeeded where you failed:  I made him mine. And I could do it again if I wanted to. If I felt like it, I could slink my way back in, drag him out of your bed, and do it all over again. And just like last time, you wouldn’t be able to stop me.

My nostrils flare as I read through the note, growing more and more livid the longer I go on. I can't even make it halfway through the letter before I snap, tearing the letter in half just as fiercely as I would snap Amanda's neck. I smash it into a ball, and almost go to throw it out into the street before thinking better of it. There might be something pivotal in this. If there is, and my failure to read it gets Yupik hurt later down the road, I could never forgive myself.

I swallow down both my anger and fear and uncrumple the two halves of the ripped paper. I fit them back together again and steel myself for the worst.

What I imagined as the worst is tame in comparison to the reality that unfolds before me.

(TRIGGER WARNING: Amanda)

Stop me from doing what, you may ask? Well, you saw how I left him. But you didn’t see everything that came before it. You saw the result of my work, but not the brilliance it took to craft it. I’ll fill in some of the dots for you. Hopefully, you’ll find the hints I hid throughout the rest of this letter, use those hints to keep our friend safe from now on. Anyways, back to my work. I influenced him a bit, made him believe that he killed the lot of you. I blindfolded him, but I could still see the tears well enough. It was cute, but a tad pathetic. First I cut off his hair, to make him look exactly how he felt. Then I started with his toenails, worked up to his fingernails. I could have been much worse to him at the beginning, but I spared him from the worst at first. I didn’t want him to break too quickly. No, that would come much later. You should be proud of him; despite his patheticness, he had resilience about him. Oh, he screamed, he cried, he begged me to stop, so often that I honestly lost track of it all. At first I tried to break him physically, lazily. I whipped him, took a meat grinder to his back, stuck needles through his chest. I stretched it all out over the span of a few days, but still he hung on.

So I decided I’d change it up a bit. I went out and found me a girl about your age, killed her, then strung her up next to him. I told my Yupik that I brought what was left of you back to him. I gave him enough mobility to touch the girl’s hand, just the fingertips, but it was enough. I let him wallow in his misery for a day, waiting to re-enter whenever he stopped crying. But he didn’t. He just going on, and on, and on. I didn’t realize how much he cared about you until then. If anything, putting the girl beside him gave him more of a fight, and I was thrilled to see that. The more fight he had in him, the longer our fun would last. When he tried to escape I broke his ankles, and when he woke up again I cut off two of his toes. He kept fighting back, so I broke half of his face off and crushed his arm for good measure. I let him sit again for a while as I burned the girl. You should be thankful; I was very careful not to let the smoke choke him to death. He didn’t die, but when the dust settled he was broken. There was nothing left inside of him.

Actually, there was something left inside of him. Something I needed, something he wanted to give me. He’ll never admit, not to me, you, his sister, or anyone else, but in his heart he knows the truth. He wanted to give up. He wanted to give me anything I asked for. He wanted to pleasure me in the only way he knew how. He just wasn’t strong enough to do it alone. So I assisted him.

Over those days I took everything from him: his hair, his nails, his bones, his skin, his blood, his friends, his happiness, his drive. On that day I took two more things. First, I took his clothes. And then I took the rest of him.

Forgive me, I’ll stop beating around the bush. I fucked him. It wasn’t pretty, but I fucked him, that much I’m sure of. The way he screamed and thrashed, you’d think he didn’t liked it. He definitely didn’t enjoy it the first time, and I don’t think he enjoyed it the second time either. By the third go around, though, he never screamed, didn’t cry, just accepted it. By the fourth time, I was afraid he was going to fall asleep. So I told him to imagine it was you who was fucking him. Oh, you should have heard him moan after I said that. When we finished that last time he shuttered like he was all dried and hollowed out. I cut off his pinky finger so that when he looked down at his left hand he’d remember just how many times he made love to me. I almost castrated him too, but I decided against it. That way when I capture him again, I’ll still have something to fuck. He’s still broken now, and I don’t think he’ll ever fix himself again.

It took four tries, but by the end of it, he loved every last second of it. I think that pleasure is what he’s the most ashamed of. He knows he could have prevented it, could have kept fighting me if he really didn’t want to. But he gave up. Yupik Vride gave himself to me without a second thought. He might be with you now, but he’s mine for the rest of his life. If he ever kisses your lips or feels your body, he’ll still be thinking about how my lips felt, how my body felt. I’ll be right behind him, every step of his life, and if he lives long enough to see his children, he’ll remember the first child he had with me.

You can have the pieces of him that are left. Do whatever you want with it. Just know that I’ll be waiting and preparing for the day that I grind those pieces to dust once and for all. If you stay with him I’m sure you’ll do your best to defend him. You might defend him for years, decades even. But in the moment that you feel most comfortable, for the one second you let your guard down, I’ll come back and claim my Yupik one more time.

Enjoy him while he lasts.

With love,
Amanda

"Oh my go . . . " I'm too dazed to even finish. Somewhere deep down, I feel Pansa stirring, sensing an opportunity to wreak havoc. I won't give her that opportunity. I'll remain calm, I tell myself. It's impossible, after reading that, after reading about every torture inflicted upon Yupik in gratuitous detail. There's so much I want to scream (Do not call him 'my Yupik' because he does not belong to you or anyone else), want to yell (You are never going to take him away again). But if I don't remain calm, then I doubt Yupik and Sierra will, either. That would be bad. So I'll just take a deep breath, gather my bearings and --

I realize that if Amanda was the one who dropped this off, she knows we're here.

That hits me like a blow to the stomach, because if Amanda knows I'm here then that means she knows Yupik's here, and if she knows Yupik's here --

All sense of calm goes right out the window. "Yupik?!" The worry in my voice borders on hysteria. For the one second you let your guard down, I’ll come back and claim my Yupik one more time. I rush down the hall, trying to get to him before it's too late. "Yupik!"

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael DeathFlame on Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:30 pm

Yupik: Everything's tight, way too tight, shouldn't be this tight. I grit my teeth and do my best to ignore the sweat dripping down my back or the pain that keeps spazzing out from my ankles. Just hold for another three, two, one, there. I let out a huff as I ease out of the exercise, at last allowing myself to lean back against the wall and relax. It still takes another ten seconds or so for my legs to stop hurting, even though I'm doing nothing with them now. I look down at my bare legs, sticking out in front of me looking like white, scarred toothpicks. Well, maybe not like toothpicks. I don't know if you could scar a toothpick without breaking it. And even if my legs are killing me like they are now, they're not broken. I'm still walking on them. Got to count my blessings I guess. I don't have too many of those, so I can't lose track of them.

I tuck my legs up against my chest, massaging the tiny strings of muscle near my ankles. The exercises that I'm doing are supposed to make the hurt-parts of me better, even if they kill me every time I do them. There's definitely some progress at least. A few days ago I could barely stand on my own; now I can walk, actually walk, not stumble, not limp, walk. Well, mostly walk. I still limp a bit, or at least walk a little funny. Before I know what I'm doing my fingers are brushing up against my right foot, feeling over the area that used to be two of my toes. It feels wrong obviously, feels like there's something missing, that something's hiding from me. But there's also, it makes me feel, I don't... I pull my hand away and shut my eyes for an extra long second.

"Yupik?!" Whatever I thought I was feeling shoots out of me at that. My eyes jolt open, somehow open even more at the second, "Yupik!"

I push myself off the ground, moving towards the door. "What's wrong?!" I yell out, realizing that I don't even have Mortalsbane until I'm already out the door.

Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:42 pm

- Natasha -

He's here. He's not gone. He's here. That fact alone makes me want to sob in relief.

But I won't relax yet. I run past Yupik, barrel into his room, and throw open the window. From up above, I have a good view of the house, the porch, and the surrounding area.

My hand finds its way to my sai, preparing myself to hurl it out of the window if necessary. I look out for any sign of Amanda. But if she's here, then she's doing a very good job at making herself unseen.

I tug the window shut, my nerves still buzzing from the panic. I turn to Yupik and throw my arms around him, nose buried into the crook of his neck, inhaling the scent of his shirt.

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael DeathFlame on Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:00 pm

Yupik: Natasha doesn't even say anything, instead just running past me and straight back into my room. I look out the hallway, looking for chasers, trying to listen for other footsteps, but I don't see or hear anything, nothing other than Sierra and Miranda downstairs. So nothing's in the house, she's not running from anything, and my room is fine. Right? Yeah, it's fine.

I turn to face her, but before I get anything out she's hugging me as tight as anyone ever has. The suddenness of the hug pushed the breath out of me, but after a second the wind comes back in and my body unfreezes. "Hey," I whisper. Natasha doesn't get like this easy; something's up, something bad.

"We're thoroughly impressed by your deductive reasoning. How could you have come to such a ground-breaking conclusion so swiftly?"

Shut up.
I lean my head against hers and run a hand up her back as gingerly as I can. "Hey, I'm okay." I weasel my hand past her hair and keep it on her shoulder, squeezing it for half a second. "I'm okay."

Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top