Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Today at 3:05 am by Sentinel

» Irongale [RP THREAD]
Today at 2:37 am by Cana

» Red Queen {RP Thread}
Today at 2:18 am by Ace

» Irongale Fan Thread!
Today at 12:43 am by Lady Senbonzakura

» Red Queen {APP Thread}
Yesterday at 5:36 pm by boyhoy

» Red Queen: Shatter the Mirror
Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:38 am by WritingBookworm

» Evergreen: Academy for Spies – Incalescent [REVIVAL RP]
Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:09 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Harwell's Fan Thread!
Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:43 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» Seoulite[SGRP]
Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:13 pm by Kane

June 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

Infinity's Row: Untold Stories

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Infinity's Row: Untold Stories

Post by WritingBookworm on Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:55 am

INFINITY'S ROW: UNTOLD STORIES

DISCLAIMER: I do not own the Infinity's Row RPG series. ~Hermione~ is the one who does. All credit relating to the grand scheme of things in IR should be given to her.

Before we begin, time for a mini Q&A:

Q: Is this another entry in the Infinity's Row Series?

A:
Not necessarily. This is less of a new installment, and more of a side RPG. This is just here because I still have some subplot I want to write. I would write it in Unbroken, but all of this takes place after the final battle with the Zenh'aliems. I want to write this, but it's going to take a while to do that, and I don't want to hold up IR2 in the process. So this is a fitting compromise.

Q: Why is it called 'Untold Stories'?

A:
Because the RPG's basically for anything related to IR characters that doesn't strictly fit within the main series -- for the untold stories, if you would. Right now, all that's planned for the RP is my subplot, but I'm definitely not opposed to having more content in it, whether it's another full-blown subplot or just some fluffy ship moments people want to have.

Q: Why is this in SGRPGs?

A:
Because:

1. It's not a main entry. It's a side RPG to the main series, and I want to stress that fact.
2. Because so far, the amount of people who I know are planning to RP on this thread are few in number. If this somehow actually gets as popular as a main entry, then I'll definitely consider asking a mod to move it to the regular forum. But for now, I think it's found its niche here.

Q: Who can join?

A:
Anyone in IR! And anyone can join IR anytime, so you can join this at anytime.

Well, now that we've got all that boring stuff out of the way . . .

- Natasha -

It feels quiet.

That should be expected. My old house hasn't had any proper residents for years, whatwith its dusty wood-paneled floors and long-shattered glass windows around the living room, so of course the building itself is going to feel quiet.

But that's not the only reason why it sounds so silent. It's because the Row, sometimes, could be loud, and I don't have the Row around me anymore.

I pick my way through the house, feeling the walls for a light switch. It was an easy decision, leaving the Row. After . . . I can't think about her. I can't even think her name. After . . . well, everything that happened in Ald Ruhn, the Row isn't what it used to be anymore. Granted, I don't think the Row's what it used to be for anyone anymore. But after seeing them . . . seeing the Row members actually kill --

I yank the memory away from the forefront of my mind and crush it, like a weed.

I'd be lying if I said there weren't any hard feelings involved in my departure. Once Runite's Row had felt safe. But after noticing how they handled a situation concerning another Jun, I no longer felt safe. More importantly, I wasn't sure if Yupik was safe. But even if I didn't feel that way, I still would have left.

Either way, I would have left, because Yupik and Sierra wanted to leave, too.

Wherever Yupik goes, I go.

Finally, my fingers feel the grooves of a light switch. I flip it up, and flourescent lighbulbs -- which I'm half-surprised are working, after all of this time -- illuminate the living room.

I'd been somewhat reluctant to come back here, at first, but my former home was as good of a place as any to house us for the time being. It's nothing like the Duke's manor, or like any of Azula's estates, but . . . well, I was held in a compound for years, and Sierra and Yupik lived in the woods for a good portion of their lives. I doubt any of us are picky.

I look at the glass splayed across the living room floor, at a dried bloodstain splattering the wall. For a moment, I just stand there and wait, wait for vivid flashes of the day Mordecai killed our parents as I stare at the place where he did it.

But nothing comes.

Of all things, I just sigh at the mess. "This is going to be difficult to clean up."

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas
Currengly Binging: Basically every Disney movie ever
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Infinity's Row: Untold Stories

Post by Sentinel on Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:32 pm

~Silvien~

I left the Row for my mother.

Behind me, Rafael packed our rucksacks full of everything we needed. Maps, clothes, food... everything. We had no idea where we would end up. Mom could be anywhere. She might even be -

"Silvien, are you ready to go?" Rafael walked up to me and laid a hand on my shoulder, startling me. I turned from the hotel window and nodded, taking my bag. My brother slung his over his shoulder and took in a deep breath.

"Are you sure you don't wanna bring anyone else along?" he asked, staring at me. "Aidec, Resh, the Altir's, Aven..."

I rubbed my eyes. Exhaustion. It seemed like everything was over after the Arker fight. And I mean everything, including the Row itself. Natasha, Sierra, and Yupik quit. I don't blame them for a single moment. Aidec retired from field work, taking up a desk job within the Row HQ. Said he didn't want to risk anyone else's lives again. Aven, I'm not sure what he plans on doing. We haven't spoken much since we killed Arker. Hopefully, after my excursion with my brother, that would change. There was a lot of stuff I wanted to tell him, but I couldn't do that until I was ready.

It hurt, seeing our camaraderie break up like that. It made me wonder whether it was there in the first place.

I shook my head. "They all have stuff they need to deal with, I'm sure. It shouldn't be that hard, anyways. The war is over, after all."

"What about you?" I asked him as I put my bag on. The left strap broke off, and I muttered some curses. "Is there anyone in Fa'alwind you can connect to?"

My brother frowned at the mention. "Still haven't heard anything from them. I guess we're on our own for the time being."

Just like old times, I thought glumly.

Administrator

http://ccforums.wikia.com/wiki/Sentinel_Hub

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael DeathFlame on Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:54 pm

Yupik: "Your father would be so proud of you. Leaving the very place he told you to go with his dying breath? We're sure every father would love to have a son like you."

I don't bother thinking anything back at Them as I half-sit, half-collapse against the wall of Sierra and me's room. Instead I just sit there, rub some of the bruises on my right arm, and... well, I try not to think about anything. For one thing, I'm exhausted, exhausted on basically every level that you can be. After the fight in Ald Ruhn, leaving the Row, telling Natasha about... about that, and then Ebony, losing Ebony, losing her to- no, not now, not now. Not going to think about that now.

That's the other part of it, the other reason why I don't say anything back. I don't want to think about it. I really, really don't want to think about that. Maybe if I don't it'll make everything seem not real, like I can go to one of the places I used to go to when I was healing. Not the bad places, not the cave, I mean Makota, my tribe, anywhere like that. I just... I can't, I can't keep thinking about it. Because if I do I'll go over the edge.

I'd go over the edge because I think I'd realize that Chaos is right, that I'm betraying Dad for leaving the Row, that I'm betraying the rest of the world, that Ebony died because I didn't dip just a little bit more into Chaos, that one day I'll wake up and Natasha will be gone because of-

I squeeze my eyes shut. Enough. Not today. And... and maybe not for a while. Maybe a long while.

Sierra: Going back here is weird, weird in a bunch of different ways. I mean, for one, I've never lived in a house like this; for us it was only ever the woods or the Duke's mansion. This is kind of an in-between, like what normal people do, you know, living and shit in places like this. I feel like this's supposed to feel normal, but it doesn't feel that way to me. Maybe it's because the last time I was here we were looking for Natasha.

I stop for a bit in front of Yupik and me's door, and for a second the packs on my back get a lot heavier. No. It's weird because she was still alive the last time we came here. I press my head up against the door, almost like I'm hoping the wood'll break through my head and push that thought out. But heads don't work that way, so the thought stays there, pitches a tent up in my brain, and I got a feeling it's there to stay.

I force myself to twist the doorknob open, walking into our room just to give myself something to do. Yupik's eyes flick open when I come in, like he was sleeping or something like that before. He watches me for a bit  while I put our bags on the ground, neither of us saying anything to each other. I don't know if it's just me, but I feel like our argument from yesterday still kind of falls in between us. And honestly, I'd be okay with that. Not forever, obviously, but right now, I don't care. He would've stayed with the Row after all of that. He was thinking about staying. Even if he didn't, that's still terrible.

I'm not in the mood to be mad. I've had a lot of chances to do that the past few days. So when I look back up at him I try to shove any of annoyance inside of me down. "You look like you're gonna pass out."

He just shrugs at that. "I guess. Not really. Just, you know... tired." When he move against the wall, his face scrunches up just a bit, and it almost looks like the bags under his eyes jump up to swallow the rest of his face. "Not trying to sleep. Just... like I said, just tired."

"Mmm. Yeah." I don't know what he means by that, what kind of tired he's really talking about. I don't have the brain juices to think too much into that. "Let's keep us busy then, yeah?" I open up the first backpack. "Got no more heavy lifting to do, but we still got to get this stuff out of here. You think your arm'll be good for that?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I think so." The shadows are still there when he stands up, limping his way over to me as I get started on making this place not look like a bomb went off.

Profound Creator
Profound Creator

http://Wizard101central.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:08 pm

- Natasha -

I finish sweeping up the glass shards scattered all across the front room, guiding them into a dust pan and then flipping the pan over a trash and let the debris tumble out in an avalanche of glass. I'll need to dust the living room, too. But I'd rather not do that now.

I make my way over to the Vrides' room, opening the door carefully as to not startle either of them. "Either of you need any help unpacking?"

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael DeathFlame on Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:21 pm

Sierra: I look up from the shirt I've got balled up on my lap. We're a real miserable lot, the four of us. She's not as banged up as Yupik, but she doesn't look that great either. I'm wondering if something happened between the two of them last night; for the hot sec that I peeked into the room, the two of them were sleeping against the wall. I don't think it was a bad, just probably upset about... well, yeah, about the battle. At least they got each other to be miserable with.

I look back down at the shirt and my stomach drops with it. "Nah, we're good. Not like we had much to bring with us anyway." I glance up at Yupik, but he's looking up at Natasha, not me. I look back over at her. "How bout you? How's it going around the house?"

Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:08 pm

- Natasha -

"It's . . . going." I cast a look in the living room's direction and sigh. "It'll look nice. Someday." I turn back to the two of them. I want to ask how they're holding up, after the battle. But just the phrase alone will remind them of that, and I don't think any of us want any reminder of that night. So I don't say anything.

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael DeathFlame on Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:28 pm

Yupik: She doesn't say much. I don't know if she wanted to say anything else, but she doesn't. I can't blame her. This whole thing, just us going out on our own like this, so suddenly away from everyone else. It doesn't feel right, like I'm back in one of those dream worlds. "At least this time you didn't murder your friend. Yes, you stood by and did nothing as she was murdered, but at least you still have a bitch to screw."

My fists curl up tight for a second before the pain that shoots up my right arm opens them right back up. I need to do something, whatever it is or how boring it is, I don't care. I just can't sit in this room and think about everything. "You need any help picking up around the place?"

Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Tue May 02, 2017 7:30 pm

- Natasha -

I shrug, like I don't particularly care one way or the other. I do care, though. I know he needs to do stuff to get things off his mind. "If you want, the living room still needs to be dusted. I'm sure there are a lot of rooms that need that same treatment."

Last edited by WritingBookworm on Tue May 02, 2017 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael DeathFlame on Tue May 02, 2017 7:54 pm

Yupik: The first chance I get, I jump onto something else, hyper-focusing on it. Dusting. Dusting. Yeah, I can do that. The mansion was the first actual house I stayed in for more than a night at a time, so I never really did much cleaning around up until then. Or at least, cleaning around a house. I had chores back when we were in the village, but they were different. We didn't have to worry about dust settling on our stuff; there were other things to take care of. The first time I saw one of the Duke's servants dusting some of the furniture, I thought she'd gone insane. Turns out I just knew absolutely nothing about taking care of a house... I always just kind of figured the house would take care of itself because it's, you know, a house. Point is, I'm pretty sure I know how to do it now. I think. We'll find out. "You're getting excited at the prospect of dusting? Amanda really did make you her bitch when she fucked you, didn't she?"

I shrink into myself for half a second before I breathe back in, forcing my lungs and heart to calm back down. "Yeah, yeah. Yeah, I can do that."

Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Tue May 02, 2017 8:04 pm

- Natasha -

He's tense for a moment. He calms right back down, but he was still tense. "Just don't push your arm too hard. If it ever starts to hurt, stop using it."

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next