Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Today at 2:00 pm by WritingBookworm

» Irongale [RP THREAD]
Yesterday at 12:51 am by Shaybaysasuke

» Red Queen {RP Thread}
Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:23 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Harwell's Fan Thread!
Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:21 pm by WritingBookworm

» Irongale Fan Thread!
Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:36 pm by WritingBookworm

» Red Queen {APP Thread}
Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:36 pm by boyhoy

» Red Queen: Shatter the Mirror
Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:38 am by WritingBookworm

» Evergreen: Academy for Spies – Incalescent [REVIVAL RP]
Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:09 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Seoulite[SGRP]
Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:13 pm by Kane

June 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

Sands of Time

Page 2 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sands of Time

Post by Paradox on Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:44 pm

Cassir-

I stretch my arms behind my head, glancing across the ship I'm on.  No one seemed to be moving to the wheel, so I headed over to it myself.  I wasn't great at it, not at all, but I had some experience.

It was good to be leaving that city behind, to head back into the desert.  I couldn't wait.
Paradox
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:56 am

- Adila -

Oh, goodness, yes. I'm finally back on the sea again.

I hollar for joy, running across the deck and to the rope ladder attached to the top of the mast. The thin ladder sways in the breeze, rocking my body, but still I scale the rungs, climbing like a monkey that has at last been reunited with its precious tree. I haul myself up onto the crow's nest at the top of the main mast, and then really, truly look.

It's like I can see the entire world, from this high up. There's the shabby town we leave behind, dwindling smaller the further we sail, and then there's nothing but sea, glimmering blue waters and churning, frothy waves that beat upon the ship's hull. And beyond the sea, there'll be a desert that's almost as vast.

And in the moment, somehow, things seem perfect. I may have a town after my head, my hair's unwashed and my rags are filthy and I must look like a hooligan to the others, but I don't care, because the sea is beautiful and the breeze is just right and flocks of seagulls are chirping overhead. So I take my hands from off the railing of the crow's nest, spread out my arms like they're the wings of a bird about to take flight, and throw a cry of joy into the sky.

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas
Currengly Binging: Basically every Disney movie ever
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Katt Nexus on Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:50 am

**Ezekiel**

I roll over underneath the pile of, well, whatever it is, I've had my head buried under for the past hour or so, and I wince as my eyes are suddenly forced to adjust to the bright desert sun. I yawn a bit as I try to remember how I got here. I remember staggering to the ship, waving goodbye to my adopted parents, and then, I think I must have just fallen asleep in this corner.

I squint in an effort so see where the noise is coming from, and I see a young ragged woman in the crow's nest of our ship, I think I remember her name as Adila?

With all the volume I can muster with my freshly wakened, and already sand parched voice, I manage to croak, "Excuse me ma'am, but would you please keep it down for just a few more minutes? Some of us aren't used to waking up before the sun yet."

Katt Nexus
Novice Creator
Novice Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace on Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:58 am

~Hakuei
"I can't believe you convinced me to join you on this piece of junk. I would've been fine back in Moresh," I said to Rashid, sort of glad to finally be done with forcing the word "Prince" in front of it. It's not that I had anything against him - he had probably been the kindest to me by far when I was a slave to that witch of a woman. But I didn't need him anymore - I was finally free, and yet he wanted me to come along with him, probably so that he wouldn't be completely useless.

~Rashid
"Maybe so, but I'm the one who remembered to bring the money. No matter how good you are at surviving on your own, no one is going to give you a start without any money. So like it or not, you're stuck with me for now. Besides, this way they won't find us."

~Hakuei
I sigh but say nothing. It was probably true that if we stayed in Moresh some information would've made it back to White Harbor. But still, why did we have to come with these people? With the money he had, we could've at least afforded enough for a Sandship to take us anywhere we wanted to go. Now we were stuck here, having to work for our passage.

"I'm gonna go take a nap. You keep watch," I say quickly before sinking down into the small corner where a little spot of shade could hide my head from the blazing sun of the desert. We'd only arrived in Moresh a day or so ago and hadn't gotten much sleep at all. I wasn't sure how he was still awake, but he knew if he'd fallen asleep earlier his money would've been stolen in an instant or I would've disappeared. But out here on the desert sands there was nowhere I could go, so I'd just try and regain my energy by curling up and quickly falling asleep.

~Rashid
Turning to face the vast desert behind us, I felt for a second a twinge of anguish - my whole life was gone and had changed drastically. But I couldn't try and go back to it - I already knew I'd be killed the moment I stepped foot in White Harbor. As long as I stayed moving, they wouldn't be able to find me, and hopefully they'd give up some day. For now, I just had to accept this and adapt to the new life ahead of me. Perhaps it wouldn't be so bad - a lot of the other people here didn't look like thugs or criminals, at least. But for now I just kept my look out at the horizon, trying to keep my eyes open as I felt the Sandship moving under me over the vast dunes of the Great Sand Sea.

Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:41 pm

- Adila -

I peer over the railing, squinting down at the one that had called at me. He was like, what, fifteen, sixteen? Better than that little girl, I guess -- I still have no idea why the hell she's here -- but . . .

"I don't take orders from kids," I call down at him, and decide to dismiss the fact that he's only five years younger than me at most.

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas
Currengly Binging: Basically every Disney movie ever
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:55 pm

- Nanu -

I glanced over my shoulder to observe the conversation occurring between Adila and Ezekiel. I nearly sighed aloud at the brash girl's response, but managed to keep myself quiet. It was never a good idea to show her disapproval.
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Katt Nexus on Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:09 pm

**Ezekiel**

I turn my head back down, away from the loud one in the crow's nest, yawn again and nod slowly, only feeling a little hurt by harsh reply. It's time I manned up anyway.

I stand up and manage to stretch around the boxes and packages around me. I glance around the small sand-ship, observing the contents and passengers. I pause upon observing the pretty girl in front. She seems too pretty and well mannered to be on this adventure, but then, I'm not really that qualified either...

I stroll to the edge of the ship and stare out at the vast golden sea. I've never seen, never imagined, anything so big before. It's beautiful.

Katt Nexus
Novice Creator
Novice Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:18 pm

- Nanu -

He is quite young.

I decided to turn my attention back to the sandy seas, shoulders relaxing.
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:39 pm

~Vidya~

Turning back to the ship I looked over the people. Two boys and a royal looking girl. I walked around and tried to look for anything to help with, not wanting to look useless compared to them.

~Issa~

I watched as another boy took the helm and sighed in relief. I didn't want to take over and mess anything up so soon.

Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:43 pm

- Nanu -

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Vidya wandering about the deck. She was the youngest of the bunch, undeniably, and often got criticism for it. However, something about her made my heart warm.

"Good morning, Vidya," I greeted, smiling gently down at the young girl.
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top