Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Today at 12:16 am by Shaybaysasuke

» Irongale [RP THREAD]
Yesterday at 12:51 am by Shaybaysasuke

» Red Queen {RP Thread}
Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:23 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Harwell's Fan Thread!
Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:21 pm by WritingBookworm

» Irongale Fan Thread!
Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:36 pm by WritingBookworm

» Red Queen {APP Thread}
Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:36 pm by boyhoy

» Red Queen: Shatter the Mirror
Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:38 am by WritingBookworm

» Evergreen: Academy for Spies – Incalescent [REVIVAL RP]
Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:09 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Seoulite[SGRP]
Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:13 pm by Kane

June 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

Sands of Time

Page 1 of 28 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sands of Time

Post by Hero of Time on Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:22 pm

Sands of Time
By Hero of Time
Inspired by Shantae, Aladdin, and One Thousand and One Arabian Nights

[Application Thread]: http://creativitycenter.forumotion.com/t1256-sands-of-time-app-thread

~ * ~

Shamir's lot departed from Moresh's outskirts (where they had picked up a few last-minute supplies from a vendor with a very explicit parrot) under the cover of dark so that by the time the sun rose, the Dawn Wind had already blown their footprints away. The sun was high in the sky and Moresh was but a pinprick behind them when they finally came to a row of three small Sandships that hovered a few inches above the dunes.

"Even numbers to each of the ships. It'll be cramped." He said without turning to face his crew as he stepped onto the lead ship. A moment of near silence passed before he added, "Get a move on!" His eyes narrowed.

~*Zain*~

Without hesitation, I step onto the middle ship and begin pulling ropes in accordance to the brief lessons the old man had given us on the way here. I can't wait around for them to find me. I have to stay alive. I have to make it right.

Pull the rope, fasten the rope. Tight knot. Ugh.... I groaned to myself as I watched the others follow suit. I wasn't made for this sort of work. Rescuing maidens, fighting knights..... that was what I should be doing.

Last edited by Hero of Time on Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hero of Time
Administrator
Administrator

http://creativitycenter.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sands of Time

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:31 pm

~Issa~

I secured a knot and tugged on the rope slightly making sure it was secure. Once I was satisfied I moved onto the next one and repeated the pattern. This repetitive motion was just what I needed to get my mind off things. Those bastards asked for too much this time and I had to get as far away from them as possible. I scowled and quickly undid the sloppily done knot and started over, focussing on it rather than my thoughts again.

~Vidya~

I made my way through the ship, ducking under poles and inching behind people as they worked and found a rope to be tied. I smiled, happy to be able to help, and went about tying the rope.

Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:35 pm

- Nanu -

I followed behind Zain, watching him briefly begin to tie the ropes before turning around to scan the desert horizon. Where a story ends, another begins.

Soundlessly, I summoned by broadsword and stared at my own reflection in the polished blade.

And maybe one of these stories will reveal who I truly am.
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox on Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:38 pm

Cassir-

I grin as I tied the rope, repeating the patterns I had done many times before. Finally, it was beginning.
Paradox
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sentinel on Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:43 pm

~Raziel~

It's gone. Moresh is behind us. They're behind us...

The ropes burned under my hands as I feverishly tied them to their respective knots. The faster this caravan gets moving, the better. Tzal'ban was always good at finding me.

I was better at running from them.

Every now and then, I scanned the horizon from under my hood, looking for any suspicious figures. My fingers ached for my crossbow, if only for comfort. But I kept my mind set on the task of getting this ship moving. I had no idea what awaited us across this dry sea, but anything was better than that godforsaken city.

Administrator

http://ccforums.wikia.com/wiki/Sentinel_Hub

Back to top Go down

Post by Cana on Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:01 pm

~Raniya~
My hands nimbly tied the ropes into knots, careful to not be too rough, as my eyes flickered around the rest of the ship and its inhabitants; it seemed to be quite a ragtag bunch and, thankfully, everyone was minding their own business.

Squinting at the blazing sun, I pulled my hood a bit tighter over my eyes.

Cana
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero of Time on Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:04 pm

~*Zain*~

What seemed like an hour passed, but the sails finally sprang to life. Shamir nodded once to us before turning to his large steering wheel and commanding his vessel to move forward.

Because nobody else on my ship seemed too eager to take the role, I made my way to the wheel and took two of the spokes in my hands. At once, our ship begins after the old man's (but I didn't look back to see if the last ship was following. I'd decided not to look back).

My gaze shifted from the mast before me to the auburn horizon beyond. The Great Sand Sea. What madness brought me here....
Hero of Time
Administrator
Administrator

http://creativitycenter.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:13 pm

~Vidya~

I stumbled as the ship lurched forward but caught myself on the railing. Staring out behind the ship, hair flying in front of my face, I watched as the city started to shrink further away. It took a lot not to cry, I missed mama already.

~Issa~

I finally let out a heavy breath, watching as the sun stretched out above the sandy seas. The farther away we got from the city the more at ease I would feel.

Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:13 pm

- Nanu -

I remained at the edge of the vessel, always keeping an eye out for unwanted approachers or desert bandits.
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sentinel on Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:14 pm

~Raziel~

I watched as one of the crew mates decided to take charge, commandeering the vessel and following Shamir.

I shrugged. Fine by me if he wants to do all the hard work. I let my hands rest a bit before resetting my eyes on the horizon. I didn't expect anyone to be following but... these days, you can never be too sure.

Administrator

http://ccforums.wikia.com/wiki/Sentinel_Hub

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 28 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top