Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Today at 12:16 am by Shaybaysasuke

» Irongale [RP THREAD]
Yesterday at 12:51 am by Shaybaysasuke

» Red Queen {RP Thread}
Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:23 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Harwell's Fan Thread!
Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:21 pm by WritingBookworm

» Irongale Fan Thread!
Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:36 pm by WritingBookworm

» Red Queen {APP Thread}
Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:36 pm by boyhoy

» Red Queen: Shatter the Mirror
Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:38 am by WritingBookworm

» Evergreen: Academy for Spies – Incalescent [REVIVAL RP]
Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:09 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Seoulite[SGRP]
Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:13 pm by Kane

June 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

Sands of Time [APP THREAD]

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sands of Time [APP THREAD]

Post by Hero of Time on Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:15 pm

Sands of Time
By Hero of Time
Inspired by Shantae, Aladdin, and One Thousand and One Arabian Nights

~ * ~

Author's Note
This RPG hopes to break some of the conventions what have become widespread on CC. Namely, forms will be a lot different, and I will have two plots in place (with the option for open world-ing it also at play). Although the form change is super weird and different, I hope that it will give us greater opportunities for character development. In short, characters become what you make them. Rather than saying up-front what characters are like, this form allows you to show us that. Also, it leads straight into the plot, so that's sort of an added bonus.

The whole two plot idea is sort of dangerous, but I see it as a fantastic world-building experience. While one group goes on an adventure for gold and glory, a group back home has to deal with problems on the home front (ooooh political intrigue). By no means does everyone have to participate in both (I actually place greater emphasis on the adventure, personally, just because that's where a good chunk of the action will be), but the options stand. On top of this, I aim to world-build quite a bit so if you don't want to participate in one of the plots, you can branch off and do your own thing.

In short, this RPG is a big shot in the dark. It's different on many fronts, but I hope you guys enjoy what it has to offer.

~ * ~

You are a citizen of the city Moresh. Whatever brought you to this "paradise" aside, you live there now, but you're looking for a change. Maybe you're an out-on-his-luck merchant who hopes to strike it big. Maybe you're a princess who is fed up with the royal life. Maybe you're an Angenie or a Charmer and need to escape before the new anti-magic laws take hold.

Whatever you may be, you hear word of an old man - a nomad of sorts - named Shamir. He is leaving town in search of fame and fortune before his long years run out, and he needs talent for his caravan. After all, an old man could never hope to defeat a Greatwyrm of Golera or the Army of Kal or find the lost tomb of Loreth the Mystical alone.

He hopes to cross the Great Sand Sea and travel the world, and although you're well aware of the dangers, you are out of options.

~ * ~

History
For thousands of years, genies protected the realm of Agrahar with their magic. The land was lush and the harvests were plentiful, and most importantly, peace reigned supreme. Unfortunately, this peace came to an abrupt halt one day when the oases dried and the magic of the genies faltered. Sand began to spray from the ground, and witnesses weave tales of sand spouts as high as the sun.

The people cried out for help from the genies, but they did not answer; it was as though they had disappeared, and all that was left in their place was a Great Sand Sea that bridged the horizons.

Moods turned sour as did the land, and a great tension fell upon Agrahar. In place of the Circle of Genies, Sultans began to rise, each supported by their own factions. In many cases, these factions staged revolutions that altered the infrastructures of entire cities - most notably the Great City Hathar.

In the East, crime rose, and pirates took the sea by storm. In the West, slavers overpowered the nobility and instituted an extreme system.

The Great Sand Sea itself buried countless civilizations, never to be seen again. From one of the greatest cities, however, survivors refused to go to another city as refugees. Instead, they decided to live as nomads, working as traders, caravan guards and raiders. These days, they're organized into three tribes, each composed of a number of smaller bands.

Five hundred years past, genies are something of legend woven through tales to teach children to eat their vegetables or some such thing. Magic had all but left the world, and Agrahar is but a hollow shell of its former glory.

~ * ~

Agrahar
Agrahar was once the Land of Riches, and it was once legendary for producing great kings and even greater wealth. Now, it is in ruin, essentially. Below are several of the main destinations around Agrahar. In no way is this a comprehensive list, but they're some of the larger ones to give you guys an idea of the world. Along the journey, we'll come across a bunch of other places not listed below, so don't worry about the brevity of this list.

The Great Sand Sea connects many destinations around the world. It covers thousands of miles with its roving dunes and holds many mysteries.

Hathar is the largest, most proud city in the land. It is the center of commerce and was once the headquarters of the Circle of Genies. It is currently ruled by a corrupt Sultan and his Red Riders, who do his dirty work.

Cape Lucid is the harbor city in the east that is run by a group of pirates (lead by the great pirate king Lore).

White Harbor is a city in the center of the Great Sand Sea. It was once a grand oasis where Sand Ships would dock to resupply, but it has dwindled in the past few centuries.

The central hub of trade in Agrahar is Moresh. Although it is but a shadow of its former glory, it still boasts the second-largest bazaar in the land, and one of the more tolerant Sultans.   

~ * ~

Races
Genies: This extremely powerful (and magical) race died out long ago. Their influence molded the world, and when they left, so did the paradise.

Humans: The race that far outweighs the others, especially in this day and age. Although some can be outstanding individuals or be extremely talented, most are greedy and foolish.

Angenies (or Half-Genies): These "children of genies" are descended from the magical race that once governed the land. This race is comprised entirely of females, and they only have a fraction of the magical power that genies once held. While they cannot grant wishes, they can gain transformations (into essentially anything. Articles of clothing, animals, people, etc) through a lengthy process which help them avoid the public eye. Typically, most Angenies only have one or two transformations unless they are extremely well-traveled.

Charmers: The Gift of Charming is present in one of a million babies, yet its potency from person to person can fluctuate drastically (in fact, most Charmers don't even realize they have magical abilities). Those who acknowledge their powers are typically gifted with one type of animal (this they discover sometime in their childhood, when they will charm an animal and gain a familiar, which will follow them around), though it is not unheard of for a Charmer to control several species.

~ * ~

Things to Keep in Mind
**Magic is somewhat of a rarity, and the first day of the RPG is the day that the Anti-Magic Law (that says that everyone found in the city using magic is to be detained) is put into place. That said, traces of the Genies' magic is still in the world (in artifacts and Angenies, namely).

**If it isn't made extremely clear above and you need it spelled out, think Aladdin for the setting.

**This RPG has a pretty big emphasis on Show vs. Tell (especially with Character Development). The form below may seem odd, but it is a means to achieve this end, and I hope you guys get used to it quickly. Of course, characters become what you make them, so you don't have to worry about making a perfect character (and they can always be added to further down the line).

**I took a bunch of influence from Game of Thrones for the second plot (which revolves around the royals of Moresh and those close to them).

**If you wish to take part in the second plot, follow the instructions below. Things will happen at a slower frequency with that plot, so keep in mind that your characters and others' will have to do their own thang between major plot events. Of course, I'll have a character (or 6) to guide stuff, but don't forget that this is a rich city (in a rich world), and you can feel free to be creative in it.

**CC Rules Apply

**The Caravan plotline isn't going to be super rigid. I'm going to go with the flow of things, for the most part, and the story will be very character-driven. Also, you should know that there will be some traveling sections (where characters can interact) and downtime. Timeskips will happen when necessary.

**The second plotline DOES have some royals. If you want to make princes/princesses for this plot, go for it, but I'm going to cut people off pretty early on, so please don't make more than one.

**I know it's probably super appealing to make a bunch of magic characters, but the main theme of this RPG is that magic is essentially gone from the world that once thrived on it. Normal people can do great things, especially when they have conviction.

~ * ~

The Forms
Guidelines
1. This form replaces superfluous staples like "Personality" and "Biography" with the "Appeal" section.
2. The "Appeal" section is a first-person bit written by the character in question to Shamir (*See Above*) to express to him why they should be allowed to join his Caravan. They can be as detailed in their pasts as they want, and sometimes brevity speaks louder than detail. This practical application will express their personality (and as much of their history as they want to give out at this time) to someone that they will have to depend on, and it will also ensure that they aren't locked into any one personality. This is the only section in-RPG. Everything else is like a normal form.
3. The "Other Information" section should include anything that needs to be made known to me that isn't explicitly stated in the "Appeal" section. Examples of things to put in here would be Race (magical people typically will keep their race a secret, but that's up to you), Age, Real Name (if it isn't given), any royal affiliation or anything of importance.

4. If you wish to participate in the second plot, you should fill out the form below, but indicate in the "Second Plot?" section that you wish to do so.
5.[/b.] If this is the case, in "Appeal", you should write a first-person bit that your character would say about themselves if asked "who are you?"

User:
Appeal:
Second Plot? (Y/N):
Other Information:

~ * ~

My Forms
(More to come...)

User: Hero of Time
Appeal:
Zain:
"I need to get out of here, and I think we can help each other. In another life, I was a great swordsman. In fact, that's how I met the love of my life. We were happy for a long time together, but no longer..... please. I don't have much time left, and I know your caravan will benefit from my presence."
Appearance:
Spoiler:
Second Plot? (Y/N): N
Other Information:
**22 Years Old
**His full name is Zain Abir Hamor
**He is Human
**He wears a long scimitar on his left hip and a curved knife on his right.

Last edited by Hero of Time on Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hero of Time
Administrator
Administrator

http://creativitycenter.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sands of Time [APP THREAD]

Post by Sentinel on Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:06 pm

User: Sentinel
Appeal:
Spoiler:
"I hear you're looking for people?"

"What? Oh ...fine, I'll take the hood off. Yes, I know, I have white hair. It's been that way since childhood. Any other 'questions?'"

"Sorry. I... get really defensive about that. In fact, it's part of the reason why I need to leave this city. No, it's not just the bullying, it's... there's people out there that want me. For some reason they think my condition is a... a blessing of sorts from the genies or something. Some blessing if I can't go more than an hour without sunburn. NaywyasAnyways, they don't just want to find me. I think... I think they want to kill me. They've already done so to my entire family. And the only way I can escape is if I come with you. I promise, no harm will come to you and your group, and I will make it worth your while..."
Appearance:
Spoiler:

Since he lives in a desert location, obviously his clothes are gonna look lighter than that.
Other Information:
*20 years old
*Full name is Raziel Tamir Abaddon
*He is a Human
*Raziel wields two daggers for short range combat, but he prefers his crossbow, which is more suited for long-range.
*He is albino, meaning he has white hair, reddish eyes, and pale skin, but he also is forced to wear lots of covering due to his sun sensitivity. Despite such a symptom being common in albinism, though, Raziel does not have terrible eyesight.

More to come.

Administrator

http://ccforums.wikia.com/wiki/Sentinel_Hub

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero of Time on Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:11 pm

Extra accepted for the meme, Adrian!
Hero of Time
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sentinel on Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:16 pm

thank

or should I say DANK Cool

Administrator

http://ccforums.wikia.com/wiki/Sentinel_Hub

Back to top Go down

Post by Katt Nexus on Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:06 pm

User: Katt Nexus

Appeal:
Dear Mr. Shamir,
My name is Ezekiel Halim and I would like to join your caravan. I have been preparing myself my whole life to set forth on an adventure into the great Sand Sea, and I believe your venture may be just the place to do it. I am young and strong. I am also tall, tall enough to reach things inside a camel's pack from the ground, making me very useful in caravans. I know how to navigate by stars, how to use a map, and even how to read and write, and not just common script either! I 'borrowed' a book from the great library and taught myself to read in the ancient tongue too, very helpful if you would come into some ruins! I can't really fight that well, but I do know how to use a crossbow in a pinch!

Okay, I know I'm pretty young, but if you just give me the chance, I promise I'll be a valuable member of the caravan, (and try not to get in your way...)

Second plot: No

Additional information:
*Human
*15-17 years old (I haven't decided and he doesn't know himself)
*Street kid adopted and educated by merchant
*Doesn't carry weapons, (other than a small knife for utility)
*Does carry a small bag for his 'treasures'

Last edited by Katt Nexus on Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Katt Nexus
Novice Creator
Novice Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:17 pm

User: ShaybaySasuke
Appeal:
Spoiler:
"Mr. Shamir, I presume? Yes I was searching for you."
"Why? I heard the whispers in the market that you needed people, and I believe I can be of some help. Besides, there are some people I...owe a lot to, and they are not particularly happy with me."
"Oh no, I promise they do not know where I am, but I can not stay here. Once I leave they will move onto their next prey, they were not very smart people. I just fell into a...rough patch and needed aid, they provided it at a cost that I could not pay."
"Ah, well I was abandoned at a very young age so I trained myself day and night to fight in order to survive. Plus, I can cook. Dare I say better than the food in that cooking pot you have there, may I?"
Appearance:
Spoiler:
Other Information:
-His full name is Issa Shakur Nagi
-He is 19 years old
-He is a charmer (but he has no idea yet)
-He weilds a shamshir which he stole from a noble
-He learned his amazing cooking skills from his mother before she was killed.

Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero of Time on Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:11 pm

@Katt Nexus wrote:User: Katt Nexus

Appeal:

Second plot: No

Additional information:
*Human
*15-17 years old (I haven't decided and he doesn't know himself)
*Street kid adopted and educated by merchant
*Doesn't carry weapons, (other than a small knife for utility)
*Does carry a small bag for his 'treasures'

@Katt Nexus, your form is accepted, but don't forget to include an appearance

@Shaybaysasuke wrote:User: ShaybaySasuke
Appeal:
Spoiler:
"Mr. Shamir, I presume? Yes I was searching for you."
"Why? I heard the whispers in the market that you needed people, and I believe I can be of some help. Besides, there are some people I...owe a lot to, and they are not particularly happy with me."
"Oh no, I promise they do not know where I am, but I can not stay here. Once I leave they will move onto their next prey, they were not very smart people. I just fell into a...rough patch and needed aid, they provided it at a cost that I could not pay."
"Ah, well I was abandoned at a very young age so I trained myself day and night to fight in order to survive. Plus, I can cook. Dare I say better than the food in that cooking pot you have there, may I?"
Appearance:
Spoiler:
Other Information:
-His full name is Issa Shakur Nagi
-He is 19 years old
-He is a charmer (but he has no idea yet)
-He weilds a shamshir which he stole from a noble
-He learned his amazing cooking skills from his mother before she was killed.

Accepted, Shaybay!
Hero of Time
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox on Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:14 pm

User: Paradox
Appeal:
Cassir:
Why do I want to join your caravan?

Well, I want to see more of the world, and in a different way. My people have been traveling the Great Sand Sea for generations, but there are things out there that they have not done that I think we can.

What I can bring… Well, I'm fully trained to survive in the desert!  I'm good with a bow and a knife, and I'm good at identifying food and water sources.  I'm a trained navigator, and I can act as a negotiator if we encounter any Seyash.
Appearence: Cassir is of moderate height, with dark brown hair cut short.  He's tanned, and has a look of always being ready to move, whether to attack or to flee.
Other Information:
- Full Name is Cassir Bant'Narash Altan Haranin, though he has made only his first two names (Cassir Bant’Narash) public knowledge.
- He is 18 years old
- He carries and is adept in the use of the bow and the knife

User: Paradox
Appeal:
Reshad:
Who am I? Interesting question.

My name is Reshad Bant’Narash Altan Haranin.  I am the heir to the Haranin tribe of the Seyash.  As the firstborn, it it my duty to assist my father, chief of the Haranin in dealing with diplomatic and political matters.  I’m in this city for that reason.

You outsiders never see to understand my people’s culture, so I won't get into that.  Still, I'm here for a purpose, and I shall carry it out.
Appearence:  Reshad is taller than his brother, but with a similar appearance.  His hair is longer though, and he's more pale.  While he wears the general clothing of the Seyash often, he does so without any of the Band or Tribe markings most of the time.
Second Plot? (Y/N): Y
Other Information:
- Full Name is Reshad Bant’Narash Altan Haranin
- Heir to the Haranin tribe of the Seyash, considered to be the second largest, and most influential of the tribes.
- He is 24 years old
- He is skilled in using both the bow and the knife, though he only carries a knife.
- He is not hiding that he is in the city, but is also not advertising it.

Was looking for face claims for these two, but was really struggling.  I figured it would be better just to post the forms.  If I find ones later I'll attach them.
Paradox
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero of Time on Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:26 pm

Accepted!
Hero of Time
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:44 pm

User: ~Hermione~

APPEAL:
"My name is Princess Nanu. Not long ago, I was exiled from my kingdom shortly after my people were slaughtered, and I barely escaped with my life. I also lost a great portion of my memories, and I can barely remember elements of my past, such as my family and parts of my identity as well as my homeland. I wish to accompany you, for my skills of thievery and charm are unmatched, and I wish to find my place in the world again."

Appearance:
> She is of below average height, about 5'2

Second Plot? (Y/N):N

Other Information:
> Nanu has pretty severe amnesia; however, she does remember her name and that she is royalty. She does not remember her family or where she is from.
> Nanu is a human.
> Nanu is 21 years old.
> Nanu wears the outfit in her appearance.
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top