FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
September 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Harwell's Fan Thread!

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Re: Harwell's Fan Thread!

Post by Sal on Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:42 pm

Minerva Things cause I wanna be cool too:

Also IRL Minerva? with cut hair of course:

app thread { the divine } rp thread || app thread { evergreen } rp thread

Isn't it lovely, all alone

Heart made of glass, my mind of stone

Sal
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

https://salpphie.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:06 pm

There have been a couple of new participants in the new RPG lately, and a close friend of mine is considering joining so I've decided to make a short and efficient summary of the plot-affecting events of the RPG up to this point to help theme out. I don't dwell too much on independant character arcs and I recommend reading through the app thread if you're curious about any one character's backstory. Of course, if I missed anything important, or got something wrong, I invite you to tell me and I'll gladly correct it. Enjoy!

EVENTS BEFORE THE START OF THE RPG

-In the 1980s, the world changed when the first superhero, Lightbringer(WritingBookworm), appeared to the world, revealing the existence of superhumans. She formed a team of several other of the first superheroes called "The Guardians."

-The International Superhuman Organization, or ISO, is formed at some point after Lightbringer's appearance. Kristen Waller(WritingBookworm) is its current director.

-William Harwell(WritingBookworm) formed Harwell's Institute in Lebanon, New Hampshire in the 1990s. The intent of the institute is to seek out young superhumans and train them into becoming superheroes.

-There was a doomsday cult called the Crystal Sun during the time of the first generation. Silverwave(Adrian), a member of the Guardians, fought them.

-A humongous monster called "Daikaiju"(Comrade Squid) became known to the world in the early 2010s. It has been appearing in major population centers, causing massive damage and luring out superheroes so it can kill them, and then disappearing without a trace.

THE BEGINNING
August 30, 2017

-At the start of a new school year at Harwell's, prospective students receive their letters inviting them to the institute.

September 1, 2017

-The students arrive at a train station early in the morning, as specified in their letters. They board the train and get to know each other. Once the train arrives at its destination, they disembark and find themselves in front of a huge metal wall. Before they enter, they are warned they are about to undertake a test to determine their skill and experience, which will help determine their class ranking at Harwell's.

ARC 1 - THE GAUNTLET

-Upon entering, the students are told they have to find three keys to escape the gauntlet. A short discussion ensues, and they decided to split into two groups; one led by a student named Maxwell Grayson(WritingBookworm), and another by a student named Slade Norman(Comrade Squid). There is a pair of twins with a telepathic connection to each other among the students, Adair(Shaybay) and Riada Scathan(Shaybay). Maxwell's group takes Riada, and Slade's takes Adair so they can stay in touch.

-Maxwell's group goes in one direction and finds a lake filled with mechanical piranhas. They spot the key at the bottom and a student, Loretta Williams(Fix-it), decides to jump in and retrieve it. She succeeds, but gets bitten several times, and her teammates scold her for her ignorance. Riada is told to relay their success.

-Slade's group is walking through the forest in a straight line, hoping to find something. Suddenly a force field surrounds them on three sides. Laser turrets begin to appear from the ground and open fire on them, forcing them to run forward.

-Eventually they reach the end of the force field, where they are ambushed by three other, more experienced superhumans. Maxwell's group arrives and a fight breaks out.

-Two of the superhumans are incapacitated, leaving only one left, the one who has the second key. She floats up into the air, and the combined effort of several students allow them to get the key from her. She lands and congratulates the students, then presses a button on a remote and flies away with her comrades. The ground shakes and a giant, mechanical dragon emerges.

-A long battle ensues against the dragon. After it's destroyed, the final key is reclaimed from its wreckage. With the three keys, the students find the door, open it, and are greeted by William Harwell himself. Medics are present to tend to the injured and Harwell instructs them to arrive for a banquet in the Grand Hall, where there wiill be more information.

-Several hours later, the students arrive and the banquet begins. Principle Harwell gets on a stage with a microphone and begins his speech by introducing Lightbringer, who is apparently a member of the staff. Harwell explains that there are four "classes" of students: Delta, Gamma, Beta and Alpha, each one progressively higher than the last. Lightbringer is the head of the Alphas Class, and the other three have heads too. All the students are placed in Delta Class, except for three who performed well enough in the gauntlet to skip straight to Gamma Class. Their names are Vincent Christiansen(Adrian), Lucille Lear(WritingBookworm), and Annie McCallister(Comrade Squid).

-Harwell tells them that they will soon be sent on missions by the Institute. Normally limited to Alpha and Beta students, this is the first year they'll be sending Delta Students, only to deal with minor crime and low-level supervillains. Kristen Waller, Director of the ISO, takes the mic and tells them they'll be expected to come up with aliases to become their secret identities.

ARC 2 - THE MISSIONS
September 8, 2017

-The freshmen are summoned to the Great Hall where the missions are briefed to them.

-Team A will be led by the Martial(WritingBookworm), head of the Gamma Class. They will be sent to New York City to stop a bank robbery.

-Team B will be led by Nightwatcher(WritingBookworm), head of the Beta Class. They will be sent to Albany to stop two minor supervillains.

-Team C will be led by Empathy(WritingBookworm), head of the Delta Class. They will be sent to New Madrid to investigate a missing persons case.

-The students head to the airfield and board three different helicopters. They go their separate ways to their locations. Empathy pulls Vincent aside and informs him that the missing person they're searching for is Vincent's sister, Noelle(Adrian).

TEAM A - NEW YORK CITY

-The students unpack at a hotel reserved for them by the school. Maxwell stays behind at the room to act as "mission control" for the others due to his disability.

-They disembark to the bank, hoping to get a feel for it before the robbery occurs. On their way there, a known mercenary superhuman called the Falconer(WritingBokworm) teleports appears among them, and grabs Lucille. Slade attacks him, trying to stop him, but the Falconer strikes him and badly injures him. The Falconer then opens a portal and steps through it with Lucille before it closes.

-Annie and Gretchen Norman(Lady Senbonzakura), the latter of which is Slade's cousin, pick up Slade, who is too injured to walk, and take him back to the hotel room. The Martials calls in a medical team but it will take some time to arrive. Maxwell, who has tapped into the bank's security cams, radios them that the robbery has begun.

-The remaining students enter the bank and fight the robbers, defeating most of them with minimal issue. Things calm down until they hear the sounds of heavy footfalls. Daikaiju suddenly crashes through a wall and confronts them. Realizing the danger, the Martial runs ahead to fight the monster and distract it from the students.

-Meanwhile, the Falconer has dropped Lucille off at the hideout of the gang she used to be a part of. The gang leader, Seth Nixon(WritingBookworm), has her tied to a chair, and shows her footage from her past, before she joined the gang. The footage shows her with her late brother, Lance(WritingBookworm), being surrounded by multiple alien enemies, and combining into a massive dragon to fight them off. After the footage ends, Lightbringer teleports into the room and fights off the criminals, allowing Lucille to escape. Lucille accidentally kills Nixon during the scuffle.

-The fight with Daikaiju is going poorly. Gretchen manages to trip but it gets back up and wounds Annie. It traps the Martial between its steely jaws and nearly kills her before Lightbringer teleports in and rescues her at the last moment. Daikaiju, terrified of Lightbringer, runs away and dives into the Hudson river before Lightbringer can pursue it.

-The students hobble back to the hotel, where a medic is attending to Slade. Annie, while injured, tearfully reveals to the others that Daikaiju killed her brother Leonard(Comrade Squid) two years prior.

TEAM B - ALBANY

-The students arrive in Albany and take to the sidewalks. The area hasa dark and dreary aura caused by the two resident supervillains, Penitence(Adrian) and Nightscape(Adrian).

-Two of the students, Sophia Hayes(Comrade Squid) and Kendall Nolan(WritingBookworm) take a brief deteour into a local bank, where they find another supervillain self-christened "Lord Evil"(Comrade Squid). He is revealed to be a pathetic charletan and the three of them are kicked out by bank security.

-The group reaches an abandoned motel which they believe to be the villain's hideout. Inside, they confront Penitence and Nightscape, who are guarding a massive crystal object which they call "The Crystal Sun".

-They reveal that they are the parents of one of the students, Bridget Baumgartner(Adrian), who had been raised in an orphanage all her life. A fight breaks out.

-Eventually, Kendall uses his powers to force Nightscape to attack Penitence. While they are distracted, Loretta Williams destroys the Crystal Sun, which greatly upsets Penitence. Defeated, they open a portal and retreat.

TEAM C - NEW MADRID

-The students are led to a seemingly abandoned grain mill, which they enter. As they descend into the underground levels of it, they are attacked by security guards. After subduing them, the room around them spontaneously warps and the students are separated into two groups.

-Empathy and Vincent are both in the first group and attempt to reunite with the second group. The second group manages to find the first thanks to the powers of Shayla Thomas(Athena Lionheart), and together they fight some more security guards.

-After defeating them, they enter a control room where Noelle is tied to a chair. Vincent unties her but the group is then confronted by an enigmatic man in a suit going by "Foxtrot"(Adrian), who greets Vincent as "Subject Victor". He claims he's there to protect Vincent and tries to recruit him. Vincent rejects Foxtrot's offer and attacks him.

-Foxtrot himself turns out to be intangible, and unable to be fought. He teleports away after ordering his minions to finish them off and blow up the mill if they have to. Vincent teleports all the students back outsie before any more conflict can ensue.

-Once they're outside, Noelle hands Vincent a folder that was given to her by one of Foxtrot's henchmen.

ARC 3 - THE CHRISTMAS VACATION
December 22, 2017

-The students depart from the Institute's train station and arrive at a mountain resort north of the Institute. They disembark with their luggage and unpack in their dorms before some of them engage in some snowboarding outside.

-Before they depart, Tristen Madden(Adrian), a student who is the daughter of Silverwave, talks to Bridget in a hallway. When Bridget mentions the crystal sun they destroyed in Albany, Tristen tells her about how her father encountered a cult dedicated to a "Crystal Sun."

-While in his room at the resort, Vincent opens the folder Noelle gave him. It reveals that he has been watched by the government all his life, that he was found as an infant if the aftermath of a disaster called a Resonance Cascade, and that he is most likely the lone survivor of a universe that was destroyed. He doesn't take it well.

December 24, 2017

-A Christmas party begins, which the students are all invited to. WE ARE HERE

"...then maybe you should reevaluate your definition of stupidity."
Thank you Fix-it for the amazing signature!
Also, thank you so much ~Hermione~ for last year's awesome Marcel signature!
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:04 pm

Hey there! I realized there's a lot of important stuff about drakkulus culture and physiology that didn't make it into the exposition post, so I'm going to put stuff down here for anyone who wants to know more, or for anyone that might still be confused. These notes aren't particularly organized in any way, they'll just come as I think of them, so forgive me.

-Duality is a HUGE thing with drakkulus. Everything comes in twos: two kinds of drakkulus, two people that can form into a single higher form, two planets, etc.
-Even the names incorporate duality. The term drakkulus is a combination of drak and kulus, which are the different people that can combine into the higher form. Extensive studies showed that draks transformed into the head and torso while kulus are the wings and limbs. As an example, Lance was the drak while Lucille was the kulus. Together, they transformed into Lancilliyear, which is, again, a result of combining Lance + Lucille + Lear.
-When transformed, both individuals retain their consciousness. However, they both need to work in tandem and have the same goal in mind, otherwise, the higher form will be unwieldy, and reduced to moot. If you've seen the first few episodes of Voltron, it's kinda like the Paladins coming together to operate Voltron.
-What happens when a drak or a kulus's partner dies? Well, the remaining partner won't ever be able to transform again, though they wouldn't be considered a lesser being in society (since it happens more often than you'd think). Higher forms can only be in effect for so long, making the resting, human form the default form. Since it's the default form everyone goes about in, no one thinks of anyone as lesser for having to stay in that form.
-Now, the attack predicting thing. That comes as a biological defense mechanism that can be turned on and off at will, for resting drakkulus being terrorized by a higher drakkulus. It's how they manage to survive against such a powerful being. On Earth, it's significantly toned down, so it can only be used for so long, whereas on the drakkulus home planets it could go on for however long the user needed it.
--On that note, because it's a defense mechanism, it can only come while the drakkulus is in the resting form. If drakkulus turn into the higher form, then they don't have the option of the attack predicting thing. It's like a 'pick and choose your powers at the moment' deal.
-How many drakkulus are still left? That's a very good question. At first, creation drakkulus outnumbered destruction drakkulus. But ever since some of the destruction drakkulus became extremist, destruction drakkulus now outnumber creation drakkulus, by a wide margin. Lucille isn't sure how many other creation drakkulus are still alive. She's hard-pressed to believe they're totally extinct, but since she hasn't been able to find someone else like her for a while, she's assuming they're few and far between, and that they're scattered.
-It's tough to kill drakkulus while they've combined in a higher form. But if you do manage to wound one seriously enough, then you'll kill both parties.
-If the higher form is only wounded, then how injured the parties are depends on where the injuries are. For example, if someone slashed open Lancilliyear's wings, then it would be Lucille who would be wounded when they changed back, since she's the kulus. If they stabbed the torso, Lance would need the attentnion, since he's the drak.

I'm sure there's a lot I'm forgetting, and this might open up as many questions as it answers. But hopefully this does clarify a thing or two.

"One so impure of body and soul was deemed unworthy of the crystal's light, and forbidden to ascend."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: Sabriel by Garth Nix
Currently Watching: The Dragon Prince
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:14 pm

Cool beans. Are all drakkulus male/female or are male/male and female/female combos also possible?

Also, after a long period of deliberation, I have decided on theme songs for some of my characters!

Annie McCallister - "Again" by Yui(Cover by LeeAndLie
Love the song, love the cover, love everything about it. A strong runner-up was "Dareka Umi Wo" because the tone of the music is more befitting to Annie's character and the singer's voice is pretty close to how I picture Annie sounding. But I went with "Again" because I thought the lyrics, especially in LeeAndLie's cover, applied more to Annie than the ones in "Dareka Umi Wo".

Slade Norman - "Nuclear" by Mike Oldfield and Luke Spiller
Before anyone asks, no, I haven't played MGS yet but I am somewhat familiar with the universe. Anyway, the tone of the song may not make sense yet, as will some of the lyrics, but it'll be more clear in the future. Most notable runner-up was the very 80's"Shout" by Tears for Fear, which was recommended to me by our beloved Lady Senbonzakura.

Eric Daniels - "Wolf in Sheep's Clothing" by Set it Off
Warning: NSFW
Rock music seems fitting for this guy, and the lyrics make sense. It may not be perfectly clear right now but it probably will be in the future. Just to add an extra layer of depth: This song could be sung about Eric, or it could be sung by Eric.

Bonus Round - Sophia Hayes:

The only song fit for a goddess.

Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:44 am

SOPHIA'S THEME IS PERFECT OMG

And yes, drakkulus pairs can come in male/male and female/female.

Okay so I was listening to different songs tonight, and . . . this is perfect for Harbringer. Not only is it just a rad villain song in general, but there's a lot of lyrics and meta context that just fits so well.

"One so impure of body and soul was deemed unworthy of the crystal's light, and forbidden to ascend."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:08 pm

From @Fix-it in the Discord:
Loretta Aesthetic:
Fake Quotes:

Valentines Cards ft. Loretta and Slade!:

Loretta needs a glow stick:
Harwell's Sitcom:

Last edited by Comrade Squid on Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:46 pm; edited 5 times in total

Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:27 am

I made a little something to semi-make up for all the crap happening in the RP right now. And because it's Valentine's Week. Very Happy

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:39 pm

Hey hey hey, guess who (yet again) ignored all of her responsibilites to make incorrect quotes!

Summer: I don't sing in the shower.
Summer: I perform!
Summer: HIT IT FERGIE!!

Vincent: You didn't get much discipline as a child, did you?
Eric: None.

Domhnall: If life shuts a door, then open it again. It’s a door. That’s how they work.

Eric: You know you love me.
Gretchen: I'd sell you to Satan for a bucket of KFC, don't test me.

Kendall: Are you okay?
Loretta: Yes... Why?
Kendall: Because you asked the clerk at the store earlier if damage repair shampoo also works on emotions.

ISO Agent: Want to work for the ISO?
Sophia: Okay, but can I work in the X-files department?
ISO Agent: There is no X-files department.
Sophia: I gotcha. [winks]
ISO Agent:

Annie: Do you ever want to gently float up to someone and whisper “This isn’t a debate, I’m actually educated on the subject and I’m telling you you’re wrong.”?
Loretta: Yes, and I would also like to just gently float in general.

Michael Scathan, about Adair: Have you seen my son? He’s about this tall, clearly gay but we haven’t had the talk.

Kendall: If you wanna be my lover- Are you sure? Are you really sure? Have you seen me? You did not think this through.

Empathy [looking at the dumpster fire that is the Christmas resort]: Excuse me, Houston? We have so many problems.

Slade: I’m sorry for psychologically scarring you.
Gretchen/Luclle/Annie: Which time?

Riada: [winks seductively] You come here often?
Lachtna: Riada, we live together.

Vincent: With great power comes . . . a lot of weird crap you are not prepared to deal with.

Gretchen: Something happen?
Slade: Huh? Oh, yeah. Bad dream.
Gretchen: [turns back to her book] Well, I’m glad you’re suffering.

Empathy: Hey. This is not the time to blame Eric.
Eric: Thank you. Finally.
Empathy: There will be plenty of time to blame Eric later, when this is resolved.

Riada: You're gay.
Adair: Obviously I'm not gay.
Riada: You have a crush on another guy.
Adair: You got me there

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:20 pm

I AM ALIVE.
Lady Senbonzakura
Influential Creator
Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:01 pm

@WritingBookworm wrote:Annie: Do you ever want to gently float up to someone and whisper “This isn’t a debate, I’m actually educated on the subject and I’m telling you you’re wrong.”?
Tempted to sig this

These are all fantastic though, and I actually recognize that last one!

I'd like to add one more from our private discussions on the Discord.

Lucille: [during the dance] I was part of a criminal organization that forced me to use my powers to kill.
Slade: relatable
Lucille: What?
Slade: nothing

Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next