Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Yesterday at 10:43 pm by Fix-It

» Irongale [RP THREAD]
Yesterday at 2:51 am by Shaybaysasuke

» Red Queen {RP Thread}
Yesterday at 12:23 am by Shaybaysasuke

» Harwell's Fan Thread!
Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:21 am by WritingBookworm

» Irongale Fan Thread!
Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:36 pm by WritingBookworm

» Red Queen {APP Thread}
Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:36 pm by boyhoy

» Red Queen: Shatter the Mirror
Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:38 am by WritingBookworm

» Evergreen: Academy for Spies – Incalescent [REVIVAL RP]
Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:09 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Seoulite[SGRP]
Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:13 am by Kane

June 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

Harwell's Fan Thread!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Harwell's Fan Thread!

Post by WritingBookworm on Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:50 am

FAN THREAD

It might seem a little early for this, but I've already gotten some requests for a fan thread, so here it is! ^.^

To start out, here's a theme! This is for the RPG as a whole, and was even one of the things that inspired me to make that first Harwell's thread so many years ago. It's also where it gets its tagline from.

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas
Currengly Binging: Basically every Disney movie ever
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Harwell's Fan Thread!

Post by Fix-It on Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:56 pm

woo!

i made an aesthetic collage for Loretta! and i also have her theme song Very Happy
aesthetic:
theme song:

it just felt like her theme? idk man, but it's a cute song

EDIT: i also made an aesthetic collage for Summer!
aesthetic 2:

thank you so much athena!:

Fix-It
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

http://sydakasquid.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:49 pm

I made some aesthetics as well! These are meant to reflect the characters at the start of the RP, as we haven't spent a lot of time with them yet.
(also I think resizing these things butchered the quality so I'm lowkey upset about that)

Fiachra Martin:

Lachtna Martin:

Gretchen Norman:

Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sentinel on Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:54 am

Here's a handy dandy guide that I totally did not rip off of the one I made for the IR Wiki, that'll help some of you set up character pages on the HI Wiki! http://harwellsinstitute.wikia.com/wiki/Getting_Started

Administrator

http://ccforums.wikia.com/wiki/Sentinel_Hub

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:07 pm

Since everyone's splitting into groups on the RP thread right now, I thought I'd make a post to keep track of what group everybody is in in.

-Team Maxwell-
Maxwell
Damian
Annie
Kendall
Riada
Loretta
Greg
Fiachra
Sophia

-Team Slade-
Slade
Gretchen
Lucille
Adair
Summer
Lachtna
Valerie
Xavier

Thank you so much ~Hermione~ for the awesome signature!
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:24 pm

Sorry for the double-post, but I think it's time this thread saw some more activity!

One Hivemind aesthetic, courtesy of yours truly!
Hivemind Aesthetic:

Thank you so much ~Hermione~ for the awesome signature!
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sentinel on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:49 pm

Me: Is it bees?

Me: Yup.

Administrator

http://ccforums.wikia.com/wiki/Sentinel_Hub

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox on Wed May 17, 2017 8:53 pm

Hey everyone! So I've been working on supervillain groups recently, and I thought that since the students are now at Harwell's, it was time to reveal two of the organizations they might be interacting with.  Most of your characters would probably have been aware of the Blood Saints before they joined Harwell's, with very few knowing about the Brotherhood.  Since arriving at Harwell's, however, they'll probably have learned at least the basics about both. If any of you have any questions, or want to do something connected to either group, don't hesitate to talk to me, either through PMs or on Discord.  The Blood Saints have the more design space of the two, but both have room for good ideas!

The Brotherhood:
The Brotherhood is about what you would get if you gave superpowers to the Mafia.  A very professional organized crime group based out of New Orleans, they're unique both for the level of control they exert over New Orleans as well as their boss, who has almost always been a superhuman since the organization’s founding in the mid-80s. Currently, they are led by Downfall, a very powerful gravity manipulator with strong connections to both the underworld and the government of New Orleans.

The Brotherhood policy with regards to other organizations tends to be very isolationistic, as they'd prefer to be left to their own business, making money.  Because of this, the Brotherhood maintains an extremely cautious peace with the ISO, mainly because it’s mutually beneficial that they don't fight.  For the ISO, they understand that the Brotherhood does actually regulate criminal activity in New Orleans, and that their superhuman leadership helps to keep more dangerous superhumans out of the city.  For the Brotherhood, they simply understand that fighting the ISO would be bad for business (Nonaligned superheroes occasionally try to destroy the Brotherhood, but the Brotherhood usually defeats them quickly with as little damage to the superheroes as possible). The Brotherhood has also had a tumultuous relationship with the Blood Saints: when The Mathematician was a Blood Saint, his gang and the Brotherhood worked together closely, but since his death, the relationship between the two organizations has gone downhill extremely quickly.  This eventually reached the point that in 2013 there was essentially an all out gang war between the Brotherhood and Priest’s gang for control of New Orleans.  While the Brotherhood won, the number of lives lost has led to a permanently hostile relationship between all nine of the Blood Saints and the Brotherhood.

The Nine Blood Saints:
When major disasters happen anywhere in the world, the Nine Blood Saints are almost always the first organization to be blamed.  Responsible for massive forest fires in Canada, multiple of the terrorist attacks 20 years ago, and an ongoing bombing campaign in Europe, the Blood Saints are famous both in the underworld and the public world for their extreme brutality.

The Blood Saints were founded in the 1980s by a group of gangs all over the world. They believe strongly in “Survival of the Fittest” though the specific understanding of it varies between Blood Saints. This factors into the process for the ascension of new members to the Nine: the most common method for someone to become a Blood Saint is for them to kill the previous Blood Saint, though if one of the Nine dies for any reason beside murder, each of the remaining Blood Saints are each allowed to give the prospective Saint a test, often without the prospective Saint being willing.

The Nine have no real unified relationships with other organizations, though basically all superhero groups have hostile relationships with most of the Nine, and many supervillains are also hostile with the Nine.  In addition, the Nine often have more hostile relations with each other than with outsiders.

The current Nine Blood Saints are:

The First Blood Saint, Priest:
Priest has been a Blood Saint for the longest of the Nine, having gained his position by killing one of the founders of the Blood Saints. He is an extremely powerful magic user as well as a user of blood magic, with many blood tattoos and scars in the shapes of runes and magic circles covering most of his body. Priest believes he was contacted by a very powerful demon when he began learning magic, and he organized the gang that coalesced around him after he became a Blood Saint into a kind of cult, dedicated to worship of the demon.  He was directly responsible for the terrorist attack on New York City 20 years ago, and is considered a major threat by the ISO.

The Second Blood Saint, Wildfire:
Wildfire is considered to be the most destructive of the Nine Blood Saints, owing to her skill as a pyrokinetic, and her ability to burn things that wouldn't normally burn, such as ashes and water.  Spending most of her time in the Northern US and Canada, Wildfire has been responsible for many massive forest fires that take weeks to contain

The Third Blood Saint, Phantasm:
Phantasm has the honor of being the only member of the Nine Blood Saints who is a superhero, affiliated with the ISO.  At the attack on New York 20 years ago conducted by Priest, he killed Ash Maiden, a supervillain and Blood Saint.  While the other Blood Saint’s reaction to his ascension was typical, declaring a temporary truce to kill him, Phantasm proved to be extremely hard to kill, and works for the ISO to this day.  He has full control over a shape-shifting, basically invulnerable black mass, which he uses as a weapon and a shield.

The Fourth Blood Saint, Void:
While the other Blood Saints are relatively well known, the identity of the Fourth Blood Saint is completely unknown, except to some of the other Blood Saints and certain neutral parties.

The Fifth Blood Saint, Krig:
While Wildfire is considered to be the most destructive Blood Saint on a large scale, Krig and his gang are considered the most destructive on a smaller scale.  He and his gang are essentially constantly moving rioters, doing as much damage to one city as they can before moving on to the next.  Krig is identifiable by the armor-like chitinous plates that cover his whole body.  His power is a near immunity to any powers and types of damage which he has survived before.

The Sixth Blood Saint, Tsarina:
Tsarina is the Blood Saint considered to have been the most active in the past year or two.  She has been responsible for a string of bombings in Europe, particularly targeting leftist political groups and parties. While most of her history is unknown, she has been traced back to the Soviet Union, where she was affiliated with the Soviet Superhuman program until she defected and began attempting to destroy it.  It is likely that it was there where she gained her hatred for European governments, which she believes are controlled by communists. Tsarina is extremely skilled explosion manipulator, and can turn any material she is close to or touching into a bomb.  She is known specifically for a particularly brutal attack on the Dutch Labor Party, which started her string of bombings.

The Seventh Blood Saint, Beloved:
Beloved is a skilled emotion manipulator, which she uses to create a sense of adoration for her in everyone she can.  While Beloved has been a Saint for a relatively short amount of time, and isn't as notorious as some of the others, she has managed to create chaos in a few areas of the world using her powers.

The Eighth Blood Saint, Manann:
Manann believes himself to be the reincarnation of the Celtic deity Manannán mac Lir, and leads a gang he refers to as the Wild Hunt.  While he is the second newest Blood Saint, he's already gained notoriety for the kills he and his Wild Hunt have collected.  Manann is known for his obsession with the hunt, with his preferred target being humans, especially superhumans, which he sees as fun to hunt because of how well they can resist.  Manann is able to put a Geas on people he is near, which progressively weakens them as long as it is on them, and allows Manann to see their location as long as the Geas is on them.

The Ninth Blood Saint, Trajectory:
Trajectory is the most recent Blood Saint, and has so far been an unknown factor.  All that is known about him is that he is an extremely good telekinetic, with manipulating moving objects being his specialty.

So yeah, there's the Brotherhood and the Nine Blood Saints! I'm really happy how both groups came out, and hope you like them both! Writing has approved both of them, so there are no problems on that side of it.  Anyway, please contact me through Discord or PMs if you have any questions or ideas about this groups, thanks!
Paradox
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:10 pm

The Hivemind aesthetic and the information about the villain organizations are both looking great! Very Happy

I got two theme songs! Both are pretty short, under two minutes. The first is Lucille's (that one won't make too much sense now, since it refers to future events, but I think it's safe to post it), and the second is Valerie's.

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas
Currengly Binging: Basically every Disney movie ever
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:43 pm

I promise I'm not going to dump anymore textposts for a while but it's father's day so here's Slade

Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top