Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

x3  

Latest topics
» Seoulite[SGRP]
Today at 2:41 am by Kane

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Today at 1:00 am by Kane

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Yesterday at 2:31 pm by WritingBookworm

» Harwell's Fan Thread!
Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:53 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:34 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» Irongale Fan Thread!
Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:15 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» The World of Swords [SGRPG] [FULL]
Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:38 am by Hero of Time

» Red Queen {RP Thread}
Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:59 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster [OPENING APP THREAD]
Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:05 pm by Hime

August 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional

Page 5 of 100 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 52 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional

Post by Fix-It on Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:14 am

~ Summer ~
I tug my hood farther as more people join the crowd, and continue to type out tweets to my followers. To them, I was still relaxing in my penthouse, living the luxurious life as I typically do. They'd never suspect I was here, so long as I continue to send out the occasion message. I had even taken a bunch of photographs of myself in different clothing and makeup last night, so that I could still post pictures while not blowing my cover.I may be taking a break, it is still important to keep my fanbase fed with stupid comments and images.

thank you so much athena!:

Fix-It
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

http://sydakasquid.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:22 am

- Valerie -

How many freaks are there? There's wheelchair guy, and I have to wonder why he's even here in the first place. How do you get into Harwell's if you can't even walk and fight? And then there's the girl who looks like walking cotton candy, with purple hair and eyes. She looks like a freakshow and oh my god there's another one!

My heart skips a beat when I see another girl with purple hair and eyes, though her hair's shorter, and almost looks silver instead of purple when you look at her in a different way. I relax a bit when it becomes obvious that she's wearing headphones, and is too invested in her music to notice me. That huge gun strapped across her back still gives me pause, though. The ones operating the train had better not let her bring that on board.

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
Currengly Binging: Basically every Disney movie ever
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:33 am

About halfway through their conversation, Gretchen stopped listening. One of them had spoken in a British accent, so she made the leap that their destination was not hers as well. She started focusing on her surroundings, wondering when she should stop walking. She was already past the sign that read 10. How large was this place.

For about the millionth time, she flipped her hair over her shoulder nervously. She always did that when stressed - to be fair she always played with her own hair, like how she would twist strands around her fingers until pieces came out when she was reading. It was a nervous tick.

Without thinking, she summoned a bright red ribbon to twist her hair into a high ponytail, leaving her bangs to frame her face, and hoping that it would keep her from ruining her own hair before she even got on the train.
Lady Senbonzakura
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:38 am

~Adair~

Once we have our bags out of the car Desmond is already ushering us over to a bench under the shade before we can take a look around at everyone else.

"Ok, is this everything? Marianne check the trunk and passenger seat once more if you would, we can't have these two forgetting anything," he called over to our other maid and she went off with a nod, "Sorry, boys, I just can't help but worry about you. This is such a new experience and I don't want you to feel nervous about it."

"We're fine, Desmond, really," I assured him with a smile.

"Seriously I'm more worried about you, it looks like you're about to have a panic attack," Riada said, not being very subtle in his hungover state.

"I'll be perfectly fine, it's just hard letting you two go," he said, trying to keep his composure although it sounded like he was about to cry, "I've been with you since you were born, I always knew I'd have to let you go one day."

"Ah, Desmond, you're getting all sappy again," Riada said with a soft laugh, pulling him into a hug.

I joined in and we all hugged farewell, pulling away again after a few seconds, "Thank you for keeping our secret all these years, Desmond. We never would have been this good without you."

"I'd do anything for you both, you know that," he said with a teary smile, "And always remember what I tell you. It may seem like you two are reflections of each other but you are unique. You are each so strong on your own and together you can accomplish anything."

We smiled and he checked his watch, "Oh, goodness me, we were supposed to leave 5 minutes ago," he said, pulling us into one more hug before hurrying off, "Be good! And call often!"

"Ok, Desmond!" we both called back at the same time before sitting down and waiting for the train to arrive.

"God I just need some medicine and a nap," Riada said, laying down on his back and covering his eyes against the sun.

"You can sleep on the train, drama queen," I teased him, flicking his head and laughing at the pained groan I received.

Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fix-It on Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:42 am

~ Loretta ~
Why wasn't anyone saying anything? I really wanted to talk with some of these people. I know that i'll get the chance to talk later but...they all look so different than what I imagined! I thought they would be in cool costumes with capes and every single one of them would be buff. But then again, I guess everyone is starting out just like I am. That was kind of a dumb vision, but I bet we'll all look that cool give a few years at Harwell's! I maintain my smile as I look around, boucing lightly on my heels.

thank you so much athena!:

Fix-It
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

http://sydakasquid.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:03 am

- Lucille -

I twiddle -- actually twiddle -- my thumbs as I see people arrive, trying to spot anyone who might be linked to Seth's crime organization. Seth and his gang might have been arrested -- hopefully, after the call I made. But I do know they're linked to a larger crime family. None of them ever told me the details, but I still have half a mind to be on my guard.

Yet, I don't see anyone who looks too suspicious. Most of them just look like regular people, also trying to get to Harwell's. A pair of regular-looking twins. A girl with some nice black hair. The black-haired girl calls a ribbon to her aid, and, without her touching it, the ribbon ties her hair back naturally.

My eyes widen at the sight. I suppose it shouldn't be anything remarkable. It's a simple act, after all. But I think it might be the simplicity of it that leaves me breathtaken.

I look down to my watch. 8:50. If the train needs to take off around 9 or so, then I'm guessing it should arrive pretty soon.

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:38 am

After walking arm in arm in comfortable silence for a few minutes, Fiachra motioned to a platform some yards away with a simple nod.

"I think that's us." He said quietly, taking note of who was already there. A younger-looking girl seemed to have hair that was either white or purple. Then there was a teen boy in a wheelchair, which he politely did his best not to stare at. There was also a girl who was looking down at her hands, but he didn't see a phone.

Out of no where, he felt it - the odd sensation, the one that put in odd taste in the back of his mouth. He felt it from behind him, like something was moving, and he could almost see it do so.

On instinct, he turned around to find the source, twisting his twin's arm backwards slightly. Behind them was a teenage girl, alone, with thick obsidian hair tied in a ponytail. She was wearing well-kept clothes, a long sleeved blouse and pink skirt, so she was either from a well-off family or she saved her best clothes for the first day of school.

"Fiachra," Lachtna whispered, then shook his head a little.

Looking up from her shoes, Gretchen recognizes she was holding someone's attention - someones' to be more accurate, but the girl looked at her watch the moment Gretchen's gaze fell on her.

The twin in front of her, the one in the tight jeans and dress boots, looked over her with concern.

She stopped a few feet away from them, causiously.

"Can I help you?"
Lady Senbonzakura
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:45 am

- Lucille -

Someone -- I think that one black-haired girl -- says something, but the voice is muffled thanks to the music. I turn down the indie song just a bit, and strain to hear this time, seeing if I can catch whatever's going on.

- Kendall -

I guess the ISO doesn't like to make their presence known, because the drive from the ISO facility to the train station is made in a taxi. At least the ISO has the good graces not to restrain me in any way during the ride, though. Maybe they're actually serious about treating me like a normal human being.

After a long drive, the yellow cab finally pulls up to a small, outdoor train station with a bunch of misfits my age hanging around.

I move to open the car door. The lock shuts before I get the chance.

"Director Waller wanted me to remind you of a few things," the driver says, his deep voice leaving no room for questions. "Try to run away now, and you'll just be brought right back to the ISO facility."

I snort. "Gee, this doesn't sound like a prison at all -- "

"You will be monitored at all times," he continues. "Harm any of your fellow students or administration, you will be brought back to the facility. And if you ever, ever, harm a non-powered human again . . . you'll wish you had never been born. Do we have an accord?"

I'm half-tempted to snap at him for bringing that night up, for treating me like I want to kill every human in sight. I suppose I can't entirely blame them, given the extent of what I did to my uncle.

But they've never cared to believe my side of the story.

I give the driver a smile that probably looks a lot more like a grimace. "We do indeed."

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:36 am

A second cab pulls up right behind the first, the door swiftly opening as it stopped, allowing Slade to step out briskly. He shut the door behind him, and stood still, briefly running his fingers through his pale blond hair as his eyes skimmed over everyone else on the platform. He occasionally stopped to focus on the more interesting people. There was a boy in a wheelchair, though he was careful to move his gaze from him quickly. A set of male identical twins with shoulder-length brown hair appeared to be talking to a teenage girl. His gaze settled on the girl, who had long, jet-black hair that heavily reminded him of his cousin's-

Wait a minute...

She started to approach her quickly, disregarding the twins.
"Gretchen?" he called out, "is that you?!"

---

A third cab pulled up behind the second, which was still waiting for the first can to let out its passenger so it could drive away. Sophia fiddled with the lock on the door, finally managing to get it open after applying a little force. She stepped out, stumbling a bit before regaining her balance, and took in a deep breath of the cool, morning air.
We're a long way from Florida now.

Thank you so much ~Hermione~ for the awesome signature!
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:01 am

Realizing what he was doing, Fiachra shook his head a little and pinched his eyes closed.

"No, ma'am, I'm sorry, I just-"

Luckily, he didn't have to finish making an excuse. Someone called out and Gretchen turned, the voice grabbing her attention instantly.

The owner of the voice came towards her, blonde hair, green eyes and all. She recognized him instantly - it was Slade. Ya know, Slade. The one who cooked half of Thanksgiving dinner because the rest of the family was too wrapped up in football; the one who helped her pass out the presents from under the tree on Christmas; the one who..

Who lost his father the same time she lost hers.

Dropping her luggage, Gretchen threw her arms around Slade's neck in a hug, greeting him with a smile and a "Hey, you!"

Meanwhile, Lachtna and Fiachra took this as their chance to leave, continuing on to the platform without looking back at the reunion.
Lady Senbonzakura
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 100 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 52 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top