Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» Red Queen {RP Thread}
Today at 10:23 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Irongale [RP THREAD]
Today at 10:14 pm by WritingBookworm

» Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Today at 8:48 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» Harwell's Fan Thread!
Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:21 pm by WritingBookworm

» Irongale Fan Thread!
Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:36 pm by WritingBookworm

» Red Queen {APP Thread}
Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:36 pm by boyhoy

» Red Queen: Shatter the Mirror
Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:38 am by WritingBookworm

» Evergreen: Academy for Spies – Incalescent [REVIVAL RP]
Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:09 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Seoulite[SGRP]
Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:13 pm by Kane

June 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional

Page 2 of 103 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52 ... 103  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional

Post by Sentinel on Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:00 pm

~Vincent~

As I reached the bottom of the stairwell, the doorbell rang - six times, exactly.

Noelle and I looked at each other. "Donnie."

Donnie Truman was our annoying 12-year-old neighbor; you know, if you could call the closest person who lived a mile away a "neighbor." The kid had bright orange hair and a very punchable face, all rolled into one stringy, highly-energetic body. For some reason he wanted desperately to be our friend, while still acting like he was superior to everyone on Earth.

He also had a habit of over-ringing our doorbell. Every. Single. Day.

I opened the door begrudgingly and there he was, holding some mail. Not much of a surprise there:

"Hey, Vince!" he almost shouted. I cringed inward - I hated when people called me that. "Looks like the mailman screwed up again! Your stuff got mixed in with ours!"

Noelle appeared by my side. "How does he keep doing that? We live so far away."

"Probably because he's a thousand years old," I muttered, to which Donnie broke our eardrums with laughter.

"Anyways, here you go! One of them looks like a college acceptance letter!" He thrust them in my arms and bolted down the road without so much as a goodbye.

"Smell ya later," Noelle muttered, glancing at the "H" seal resting on top of the stack. "Wow. That one is fancy."

I nodded, flipping it over. "Addressed to me. I don't remember applying to a school that starts with 'H.'"

Noelle shrugged. "Maybe they want you?"

"Enough to go through the trouble of sealing with wax? Yeah, doubt it." Still, I opened the envelope, withdrew the letter enclosed, and began to read.

"...oh my God."

~Bridget~

"Hey!" A pale, clean face ringed with blonde appeared across from me. Courtney - the only person here who had at least an ounce of respect for me. Below her hands rested a long, white object. I couldn't make it out.

"Hello, Courtney," I said, continuing to stare at the mysterious item. "Is that your paycheck?" Even as I said it, I knew what it was. The staff here usually get direct deposit or mailed checks, Courtney among them.

"No," my aide said, staring down at her hands. She moved them and, sure enough, it was an envelope. A red seal with an embellished "H" centered it.

"It's for me," I whispered. Less of a question and more of an observation.

Courtney nodded and slid it across to me. "I thought it was weird because-"

"Because I never get mail," I finished. "Yeah."

The blonde sighed. "Maybe it's good, Bridget. You won't know until you open it." Beeping - her pager was going off. "That's me. I have to go. I'll be back later, Bridget."

"Thank you, Courtney," I said, looking up and giving her a faint smile. She rushed off through the facility and, without any other choice, I began to open the letter.

~Tristen~

Even with the music blasting in my ear, I still felt the vibration of my door open. A large man with tattoos appeared in the doorway.

I ripped off my earbuds. "What?! I turned it down!"

He stuck his tongue out at me. "You got mail, slick." A white envelope flew towards my face.

I reciprocated the gesture, taking the envelope in my hands. My dad continued speaking. "I recognize that 'H' anywhere. I told you about that school, right."

I rolled my eyes. "Yes. A thousand times. Do you think that's what this is?"

He grinned. "Just shut up and open the damn thing."

And so I did.

Administrator

http://ccforums.wikia.com/wiki/Sentinel_Hub

Back to top Go down

Post by Fix-It on Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:31 pm

~ Loretta ~
I yawn. It was getting late out, but we were almost home. I tug on Bean's leash, making sure that he stayed near me as we walked down the street. Why did I have to walk the dog again? I'm definitely okay with spending time with the precious beagle, but walking it at 8 P.M.? Seemed a bit strange. I won't question my parents, though! If they want me to walk the dog in the dark, i'll do it!

I put in my earbuds, and shuffle through the music on my phone. We'd be back soon! I knew our neighborhood pretty well, as I should. We've lived here forever.

Bean barks and stops walking. I crouch, "What do you see?" I know Bean can't understand me. That's obvious! But I still liked talking to him. It gave me some sort of comfort, like we were friends, or something like that. I pet him, but he keeps barking.

"Seriously, what is it?"

That's when I see them. A masked woman climbs through a broken window and ducks inside.

"Oh..."

I watch as they disappear. Seriously?! What the heck?! We live in a safe neighborhood, there's never any crime here! Why is it that the one night I leave the house to walk the dog, I witness a robbery? Or murder! Or whatever this is!

"Should I do something Bean...?" I ask.

He barks.

"Is that a yes?"

Another bark.

"You weren't supposed to say yes!" I pout and tie up his leash to a stop-sign.

I climb through the broken glass, trying not to make any noise. They probably have a gun. I need to be quiet. I hold my breath and sneak through the darkness. I don't know the people that live here, which is kind of weird. I know almost everyone that lives on our street. Why had I skipped this house? Well, whatever.

I hear footsteps, and instinctively duck behind a corner. I try to ignore my heartbeat. I can do this! All I have to do is tell them that what they're doing is wrong. And if I need to...I'll run away! Then, I'll call the police. I smile. Perfect plan. If they're a good person then it should be fine! And why wouldn't they be a good person?

Their footsteps grow louder. I wonder what they're looking for? Or maybe they're getting ready to run away now. It doesn't really matter, I need to focus.

They get closer, and closer. It's almost time! I can do this!

I jump in front of them before they can walk past me, and stare at them through their mask. They pull their gun and point it at me.

"Don't shoot! What you're doing here is wrong. If you don't go back and put everything you stole back, i'm going to call the police." I exhale, "I know you're a good person!"

"Do the right thing." I smile.

It doesn't work. They pull the trigger.

I'm out the window before the bullet can hit the wall, and I dial the police immediately. I pout as I pad in the three numbers. Why didn't it work? It was a foolproof plan. Why wouldn't they do the right thing? I'm going to write it off as a beginner's mistake. It is my first time trying to thwart a robbery. I'll do it correctly next time.

"I'd like to report a robbery."

--------------------------------

I untie Bean and rub his head. I still caught the bad guy! That's good enough for me. But next time, next time i'm going to catch him without any help! I can't be a true superhero if I can't even stop a small robbery.

I really should get home, though.

With a smile on my face, I push open the door.

"How'd it go?" My father meets me as I kick off my shoes.

"It was good! We got caught up when Bean got off the leash, but once I found him we came back home. It was um, uneventful!" I give him a thumbs up and I release Bean.

"I'm glad to hear that. That dog can be difficult sometimes. But I think he really likes you."

I nod. "Well, i'm pretty tired. I think i'm going to watch some TV and then go to sleep."

"Wait, Lorrie," He calls me as I head for my bedroom.

"You've got mail."

~ Summer ~

I swim up to meet my butler at the steps of the pool.

"Yes?"

"I have a letter addressed to you, Miss."

"Put it with the rest-"

"It's not fan mail. At least, it doesn't look like fan mail."

That's weird. I've never gotten snail mail that wasn't fan mail. Most of the offers or other important information I receive is sent as an email. I step out of the water and dry off quickly. I thank my butler and grab the envelope from his hands, dismissing him as I open it.

thank you so much athena!:

Fix-It
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

http://sydakasquid.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:46 pm

~Riada~

"Boys, there you are," my fathers voice called out from in front of us. I sighed and slid farther down onto the car, still a little peeved from earlier. Adair, however stood at attention again like the goody-two-shoes he was.

"What is it father?" My brother asked.

"Letters. One for each of you. I was confused how they found us here but then I saw this seal..." he trailed off, a playful smile gracing his face that I ended up returning, he seemed pretty excited.

We both took the letters and took one glance at the seal before our gazes shot up to meet each other and then back towards dad. 

"They're accepting us?" I asked him, grinning like crazy.

"Well of course, once they realized my sons had superpowers how could they not?" He said proudly.

"Ah hell yeah!" I yelled, jumping up with a fist in the air.

"Riada please we are still in public," Dad said, getting all serious again although he was still smiling.

Adair was excited too, I could tell, but he would never lose his cool like that in front of Dad, "We can finally help people for real now, we can help our powers grow, we..."

"We can help mom get better," I finished my brothers thought and my father smiled warmly at me, glad I finally understood.

"Well there's no time to waste," Dad said, checking his watch before signaling the driver to start the car, "There is lots to pack."

Last edited by Shaybaysasuke on Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:54 pm

- Kendall -

The only color of the cell walls are a dull gray. The windowless door is also gray, and the human-sized slab extending from the wall that serves as a bed is also gray. It's understandable, as a cell reinforced with metal is the only cell that's sure to keep me in. But if not for the white mattress on the slab, there wouldn't be much different stimuli for me to process. If the ISO really tried, it would be easy to make me go insane from it.

But then again, I suppose that wouldn't be the worst thing that happened.

I can't keep track of time, so I don't know how many minutes or hours elapse before the most interesting thing of the day happens; my cell door is unlocked.

I heave myself up into a sitting position and wince at the sudden influx of light. A helmeted guard steps in, and I smile, doing my best to make eye contact through the dark visor. "Care to step aside for a moment and let me pass through the door?"

The guard doesn't acknowledge what I'm saying. Either I didn't manage to make eye contact, or he put in earplugs before stepping in here. Probably both. Alas. It was worth a shot.

He pulls someting from a duffel bag and offers something to me. For the first time, I notice that he doesn't bear food, but a letter.

My cool demeanor drops, if just for a little bit. Is that from . . . Ella?

Ella hasn't written me in a while.

I take the envelope, and already I can tell it's not from my sister when I see my name was typed onto the envelope, not written in Ella's handwriting. I already hear the cell door close as I turn the envelope over to see a fancy-schmancy red seal. A seal? Who the heck uses seals anymore? What kind of person that uses seals would be interested in writing to me?

I lay back down, open up the envelope, and decide to find out.

Dear Mr. Kendall Nolan,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted into Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional. Among the various candidates the Harwell's faculty considered for this year's incoming students, you were decided to be one of the most exceptional.

Should you accept this opportunity to study in Lebanon, New Hampshire, be prepared to arrive with your luggage to Central Train Station in Kensington, where a private, International Superhuman Organization-owned train will take you to the institution. Be prepared to arrive tomorrow at 9 A.M. EST.

An education at Harwell's is a hands-on experience, and thus comes with a number of risks. But we hope, should you accept, that you find your education here at Harwell's all the more worthwhile because of it.

Regards,

William P. Harwell (Headmaster)

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas
Currengly Binging: Basically every Disney movie ever
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:00 pm

Gretchen began to open the letter very slowly, not wanting to break the wax seal. She was halfway through peeling it off the paper when she stopped.

"Wait." She said, looking up at her grandmother. "What if there's anthrax in here?"

"Luv..."

"I can't have you getting sick!"

"Just open it, Gretchen."

~~~~~~~

Lachtna set down each spoon, knife, and fork next to the plates Quinn had put on the table. They were already there by the time he came down, and he noticed them immedately - they were cream colored, circular with raised snowflake-pattern on the lip. He wasn't sure why Quinn love them so much, but he always went out of his way to set them when he was asked.

Using the knife he was going to set for himself, he cut open the letter with one quick swipe. He pulled out the letter and glanced over it.

"'Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional.'" He read aloud. "Have we hard that before?"

"Ain't that where Domhnall met Sam?"

"I'd think."

"Read more."

"Blah blah New Hampshire-"

"New Hampshire?!"

"-blah blah Central Train Station blah blah International Superhero Organization owned train-"

"Lordy, this is Harry Potter!"

"-tomorrow 9 am."

Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:48 pm

"Oh by the way..." Isabelle started as she led her brother to he room, "I just brought the mail in and there's a letter to you. I figured it was work related, so I didn't want to look at it."

"A letter?" Slade sounded surprised. His employers usually didn't contact him through the mail.

When they got to Isabelle's room, she picked the letter off of her desk and handed it to Slade.
"It's got a seal. Fancy."

Slade carefully removed the seal and opened the envelope, unfolding the letter within. His eyes methodically studied the document.
"...accepted into Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional..."
"...decided to be one of the most exceptional..."
"...be prepared to arrive tomorrow at 9 A.M. EST..."

After finishing it, he looked up and smiled as he thought it over.
"Let's get this homework done quickly, Iz. I've got to get ready."

---

Sophia nonchalantly opened her mailbox and peered inside. She reached in and grabbed the stack of mail and started skimming through it.
Bills, bills, bills, bills... ooh! What's this?
She looked over the envelope, paying special attention to the seal.
Fancy. Probably just another stupid college.
She carelessly ripped off the seal and threw it on the ground, accessed the letter and read through it quickly, her eyes widening as she did so.
Oh, cool... it's just like one of those Japanese animes.

Thank you so much ~Hermione~ for the awesome signature!
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sentinel on Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:52 pm

~Vincent~

My sister ripped the letter from my hands, poring over the words. After a few moments she finally spoke.

"Vincent, this..." Something stuck in Noelle's throat.

"I know. It's just insane."

"This is amazing!" she said, looking up with a gleam in her eyes.

"What." I stared at Noelle.

"Think about it. You finally get the chance to be surrounded by people just like you, instead of being stuck in Bumfuck Missouri!" she exclaimed. "You can do something with your life!"

"Hey, this place isn't that bad," I lied. I hated the Bootheel, but that was irrelevant. "Anyways, I don't know. Mom and dad would have to find out, and I don't want them worrying about me. Besides, I've never heard of this place before. It could be some sort of trap."

Noelle rolled her eyes. "C'mon, Vinny." I cringed. "Nobody else knows about your powers, and if anyone else did find out, I doubt this would be the last you hear from them. Take a risk. I think you can handle it, and if it is a trap, then..." She put her hands together, then pulled them apart. "Poof. Come on back home."

I still stared at the letter, contemplating.

"8:00 AM tomorrow..." I muttered aloud.

"Not a lot of time to think," Noelle replied.

~Bridget~

Dear Ms. Bridget Baumgartner,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted into Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional. Among the various candidates the Harwell's faculty considered for this year's incoming students, you were decided to be one of the most exceptional.

Should you accept this opportunity to study in Lebanon, New Hampshire, be prepared to arrive with your luggage to Central Train Station in Kensington, where a private, International Superhuman Organization-owned train will take you to the institution. Be prepared to arrive tomorrow at 9 A.M. EST.

An education at Harwell's is a hands-on experience, and thus comes with a number of risks. But we hope, should you accept, that you find your education here at Harwell's all the more worthwhile because of it.

Regards,

So it seems I'm something of worth to someone, I thought to myself. I set down the letter on top of my food.

Of course I was going. I didn't belong here, truly. I had to get out of here. The problem was, nobody else would let me.

Nobody else... except Courtney.

And just then, I had a plan to escape St. Dymphna.

~Tristen~

My father grinned from the doorway. "So? What do you think?"

I shrugged, tossing the letter aside. "...nah. Doesn't really interest me."

"Tristen, it's a school for superhumans. You need that, trust me." My father unfolded his arms, staring at me.

"And what the hell does that mean?" I demanded. "I can use my powers quite well, thank you very much."

"Okay," my father frowned, putting his hands on his hips. "Lemme put it this way. You go, or you get to live with your mother."

"What! Are you kidding me?!" How could he be so unfair! "She'd never let me-"

"If you want to use your powers, you better use them correctly. Harwell's is the best place to do that, hands down. Think about it young lady." He shut the door, leaving me in silence.

Administrator

http://ccforums.wikia.com/wiki/Sentinel_Hub

Back to top Go down

Post by Fix-It on Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:11 pm

~ Summer ~

Dear Ms. Summer Matthews,

Regards,

I read the letter a few times.

A grin crept onto my face. I hadn't planned for this, but it would be perfect. The perfect escape from music. The perfect escape from it all. I wasn't completely sure why they had chosen me, but honestly, I didn't care. All I cared about was avoiding the media. And this school? It would allow me to do just that.

I step inside and inform the butler of my decision.

~ Loretta ~

I hand the letter to my dad after failing to comprehend it on my own.

He reads it for a while. Pretty carefully, too.

He hands the letter back to me.

"Well? Why are you still standing there, Lorrie? Get packing."

"What? What are you talking about? You want me to go?" I look at him as he walks past me, probably going to go tell my mom and brother about it all.

"I want you to take this opportunity. That's all." He turns to face me, gives me a thumbs up, and steps into the kitchen.

What just happened?

thank you so much athena!:

Fix-It
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

http://sydakasquid.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox on Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:45 pm

Alex-

"You should go."

My father gave me the letter after glancing over it himself. He then sat and thought for a minute before speaking.

"Yes." I say

He looks me in the eye, "I might not get along great with Harwell's, but I've never been ashamed to work with them. If that's why you're reluctant, don't be, you're your own person too. Also, I really think they might be the only place where you could truly learn how to use you powers well." He says. I don't argue, he raised good points, and besides it wouldn't work at all, even if I tried.

"What are you doing?" He asks, with a jerk of his head toward the stairs, "get packing. You don't have much time."
Paradox
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:42 pm

~Adair~

The car ride passed by relatively silently. I was sat up with my phone in my lap and Riada was leaning up against the door looing at his own, the silence broken occasionally by us showing each other something funny we found on our feeds.

Father was sat opposite us in the limo, glancing up occasionally from his own PDA to look at the two of us.

After a while he finally spoke, "It's going to be quite lonely around the house. Will you both promise to call often?"

"Of course, dad," Riada said with a grin, "Can't let you go crazy in that big ol' house."

I chuckled, "Of course, Father, every day."

"I'm glad," he said, stepping out of the car once it pulled into the garage, followed closely by the two of us, "This school is going to be an amazing experience for you, boys. Now hurry and pack, you need to be up bright and early tomorrow morning."

"Yes, father." "Ok dad!"

Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 103 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52 ... 103  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top