Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

November 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

Greetings

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Greetings

Post by Katt Nexus on Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:40 am

Greetings All,

My name is Katt Nexus, but I prefer being called Katt.

Well, *sighs,* now that I've gotten my name out of the way, I suppose I should give you some more information, but I gotta say, I'm at a bit of a loss as to what would be appropriate. Perhaps some background?

I am an internet vagabond, (I do love that word. Vagabond, the mystery, the tragedy, the very sound of it!) I've spent the past, oh what has it been, five years (!?) now making my way from one online community to another, learning what I can and trying to be a worthy contributor. My most recent exploits involved a SW:TOR RP guild known as Shadow Wolves, an organization in which I was an active member for almost a year. Before that, I dabbled in the infamous "Minecraft" and before that, the esoteric, but amazing Lego Universe.

I've always had stories bouncing around in my mind, almost since I could remember. I used to act them out with my Lego people, then I RPed to some degree in almost every MMO I took seriously, (which admittedly is only three,) and now, I write short (3-4) page stories of my OCs. And just to show you how far gone I am, I even organize, costume for, and (attempt) to GM Live Action Role Plays.

I've been without a creative outlet now for about a month, and it's driving me bananas. I have characters who have stories to tell, but I have nowhere to tell them. So thinking I was, (yes, I love Yoda) and low and behold, I remembered Athena, a good friend of mine in real life, telling me about her wonderful online RP/story writing community. I had a devil of a time finding the place. After that, I spent no less than an hour going over the guides, posts, stories, and rules to get a feel for the place, and I believe that this is a place where I can learn and grow for a season, if you'll let me that is.

I suppose that's all I have to say for now. (In all honesty, though, it's lunch time and I'm starved!)

Stars guide you,

Katt Nexus
Katt Nexus
Novice Creator
Novice Creator

Back to top Go down

Re: Greetings

Post by WritingBookworm on Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:29 pm

Hey, Katt! Welcome to CC! I'm WritingBookworm (usually called Writing), the Story Moderator. We'd love to have you here, and I'm excited to see what you contribute!

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know. ^.^

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: Hunted by Megan Spooner
Currengly Binging: Stranger Things
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Katt Nexus on Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:21 pm

Well you asked for questions, so here we go!

Where do you recommend I start? RPs or short stories?

Is it easier to start a new RP for my first run or just jump in headfirst into what other people are doing and hope I don't drown in embarrassment?

How high quality is the work usually posted here?

Are all the worlds or realms or whatever you call them here connected through a multiverse? or are they in the same universe, or are they just separate things?

Is there some larger meta-story going on that I should understand/ try to fit into/ not goof up too hard?

Beyond the rule sheets and how-to guides are there any stories/ RPs that I as a new player should be familiar with?

Do I have to have my stories screened before posting them?

How many active members are there?

How many questions can I put in one post and expect answers to?

Katt Nexus
Novice Creator
Novice Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sentinel on Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:16 pm

@Katt Nexus wrote:Well you asked for questions, so here we go!

*cracks knuckles* My moment has come.

Where do you recommend I start? RPs or short stories?

Honestly, wherever you are most comfortable. You'll have a better shot at forming social bonds in the RPG section IMO, and that's what I'd recommend, but it's personally up to you.

Is it easier to start a new RP for my first run or just jump in headfirst into what other people are doing and hope I don't drown in embarrassment?

Also depends. As a community we've formed kind of a baseline expectation of what to see in an RPG, so there's that. I'd start with joining an active RPG and getting acclimated to how everyone posts (especially if you're brand new to RPing), what to expect in our stories and RPGs, etc.

How high quality is the work usually posted here?

That... varies. As an admin I don't wanna say only some, or most are high quality just because I don't like to make people feel self-conscious about their work. In other words, it doesn't matter - we don't mind if you're a budding Stephen King or if you've written the worst of fan fictions Smile

Are all the worlds or realms or whatever you call them here connected through a multiverse? or are they in the same universe, or are they just separate things?

Some are. You'll have to look at the OP/ask the RPG owner. Definitely not all are. In fact, I don't think there are any currently active ones that are in the same universe/multiverse, though we have had those in the past (especially alternate universes).

Is there some larger meta-story going on that I should understand/ try to fit into/ not goof up too hard?

Nope, no forum meta-story. Just a collection of stories!

Beyond the rule sheets and how-to guides are there any stories/ RPs that I as a new player should be familiar with?

I think the guides have a good, sufficient amount of information - then again, do not feel afraid to ask questions, since all RPGs tend to be different in their own rights.

Do I have to have my stories screened before posting them?

Definitely no. Just make sure they fit within forum guidelines and voila, you can self-publish it here!

How many active members are there?

Good question. Typically it's about... 20 or so, but because of a harrowing education semester for several of us, members have been idle/inactive due to IRL circumstances.

How many questions can I put in one post and expect answers to?

I think that's been answered at this point xD

I hope I answered sufficiently. If not, feel free to ask more! (I have no life, so it's okay.) Anyways, glad to have you on the forums!
Sentinel
Administrator
Administrator

http://ccforums.wikia.com/wiki/Sentinel_Hub

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Lionheart on Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:24 pm

@Katt Nexus wrote: So thinking I was, (yes, I love Yoda) and low and behold, I remembered Athena, a good friend of mine in real life, telling me about her wonderful online RP/story writing community. I had a devil of a time finding the place.

You could've asked me for a link, but no xD

I can honestly say this was a pleasant surprise. Emphasis on surprise. Why didn't you give me a heads-up? In any case, welcome. I think you already know who I am, but just so we're clear, I'm a Graphics Moderator 'round these parts and I don't tolerate riffraff like you going and messing up my section Razz I hope you have a good time here!

Adrian already went and answered them all, but... heck, I'm not going to erase all of this now, so:

Personally, I think roleplays would be a better jumping-off point and a good way to get to know the community.

It'd probably be better to join one first and get a feel for how they're run around here. We have a low number of roleplays going on at the minute, but it's been a busy month for people. All our currently running ones are parts of series, so no matter what, there'll be some learning to do to get caught up, but we have people who will be more than willing to give you a hand. Heck, a lot of them have wikis to help people navigate the worlds.

[Currently running roleplays:
Fairy Tail: Malevolence: An AU of the Fairy Tail anime, Malevolence is the sequel to the Fairy Tail roleplay.
A Rift Between Worlds II: An original roleplay about two civilizations, one built on magic and the other on technology, and their struggle to maintain peace. Sequel to the completed first arc.
Infinity's Row: Unbroken: An original roleplay and the longest running, most posted on series on CC. Focusing on Runite's Row, a clan formed at the end of the First Clan Wars 700 years ago, the latest generation of warriors must fight to keep N'al Ren safe from the Zenh'aliem family and whatever other threats may come. Unbroken is the seventh and final installment before IR2 begins.
Evergreen: Academy for Spies: Incaledescent: An original roleplay about the European Spy Organization's [ESO] latest recruits at their Academy. I don't know the Evergreen timeline well enough to know which roleplay came before this, but there have been a good few of them.
Anaphora: Entropy: My roleplay >~< Anaphora is the story of a world in which the greatest virtues and the greatest vices of humanity can be embodied in Bearers. In the year 9995 where the three governments have long since become corrupt and begun persecuting the positive Trait Bearers, a group called Anaphora's Redemption has risen up from the war-torn continent of Cruore to fight back. Anaphora: Entropy is the sequel to Anaphora.
Anaphora: Divaricate: This roleplay is a branch off of the Anaphora series proper, an AU in which the characters have ended up in different roles. It's technically not a sequel to anything, but it is a part of one of the most developed original roleplay universes on the site.]

Depends on the roleplay/writer. There are no word count requirements or anything around here, but some roleplays do cater to different calibers of writers.

Entirely seperate. Most roleplay universes are contained within a single thread. Well, unless we ever want to bring Where Borders Fall back. Maybe someday.

Nope.

This all depends on which roleplays you want to take part in and how much you want to know about them.

Nah, man.

Currently, we've got about fifteen members logging in every day. This fluctuates with breaks and stuff, but it's been a quiet month. Probably a good time for you to get used to things, actually.

Depends who you're asking. We've got some tryhards, man.

⌠ Anaphora Fan Thread ⌡ × ⌠ Anaphora: Entropy ⌡ × ⌠ My Shop ⌡ × ⌠ Forum Rules ⌡ × ⌠ versen ver ♥ ⌡
Athena Lionheart
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

http://creativitycenter.forumotion.com/t869-applications-thread-

Back to top Go down

Post by Katt Nexus on Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:33 pm

Wow, I'm not actually used to having people respond to all my questions! So thank you both very much. I am a die hard RPer, though I've only ever done it in the context of MMORPGs, so I think I'll start there.

But the task does seem a bit daunting seeing as most of the threads are 30+ pages long at a minimum. So as to jumping into an RP, do I just read the last 2 pages of text and the write a response to the latest post, or is it more involved than that? I guess I'm asking how much homework do I do before I get going on this?

Once again, thanks for answering all my questions, I think I'm really gonna like it here!

Katt Nexus
Novice Creator
Novice Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Lionheart on Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:36 pm

How roleplays generally work on CC is you need to go to an application thread and read through the OP. I've linked all the actively accepting RPGs in my last post. What you usually have to do is fill out and submit a character form for approval, just so the creator can make sure your character fits into the world and is balanced. Once accepted, you might have to read up a bit to get a sense of what's going on, but most roleplays have people who will be more than willing to give you a recap and help you ease in naturally!

Last edited by Athena Lionheart on Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

⌠ Anaphora Fan Thread ⌡ × ⌠ Anaphora: Entropy ⌡ × ⌠ My Shop ⌡ × ⌠ Forum Rules ⌡ × ⌠ versen ver ♥ ⌡
Athena Lionheart
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

http://creativitycenter.forumotion.com/t869-applications-thread-

Back to top Go down

Post by Katt Nexus on Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:37 pm

That's exactly what I needed to know! Thanks Athena!

Katt Nexus
Novice Creator
Novice Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sentinel on Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:39 pm

@Katt Nexus wrote:Wow, I'm not actually used to having people respond to all my questions! So thank you both very much. I am a die hard RPer, though I've only ever done it in the context of MMORPGs, so I think I'll start there.

But the task does seem a bit daunting seeing as most of the threads are 30+ pages long at a minimum. So as to jumping into an RP, do I just read the last 2 pages of text and the write a response to the latest post, or is it more involved than that? I guess I'm asking how much homework do I do before I get going on this?

Once again, thanks for answering all my questions, I think I'm really gonna like it here!

Yeah, that's a concern everyone has had here. But basically if you ask a recent poster for a brief rundown (either via PM or on the thread), they'll help you out. At one point some RPGs had the tendency to summarize events on the first post, but as we posted more and more we... kinda forgot to do that.

But yeah, just ask for a rundown + where to start off. Usually, RPG plotlines are mostly explainable with one paragraph, so you can take off from there and ask questions along the way. And RPers are always glad to have people join their shenanigans.

curse you athena
Sentinel
Administrator
Administrator

http://ccforums.wikia.com/wiki/Sentinel_Hub

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:42 pm

Well, Adrian and Athena already answered them, but . . . eh. I said I'd answer them, so I'll still keep everything xD

1. There are definitely people who love to read and critique stories, and would be happy to look at your work. But the RPG section is a lot more active than the story section, so if you want to be social and get acquainted with others, the RPG section's your best bet.

2. Either one works. I'm personally leaning more towards the latter, since that'll help you get to know members better, but we haven't had a new RPG come in a few months. It'd be nice to get a new one now, if you're up for it.

3. Depends. Some people take their writing and characters super seriously, some bullcrap it, and others meet somewhere in the middle. Whichever one you are, we won't judge. This is a relaxed community whose prime purpose is to have fun, so skill quality doesn't matter too much on this site. Very Happy

4. Not really. While it'd be cool to have something among the lines of the Cosmere at some point, the RPGs are mostly separate universes. We've had a few crossover RPs in the past, but aside from that, each world is its own.

5. Nope!

6. I'd recommend getting to know whichever RPG you want to join. I mean, if you want to join IR and have no interest in Anaphora, you don't have to know about Anaphora. Conversely, if you want to join Anaphora and have no interest in IR, then you don't have to know about IR. Just do what you'd like. Very Happy

7. Nope! Just make sure they fit within CC guidelines, and you're good to go!

8. Like Adrian and Athena said, it's somewhere from 15-20. CC's been pretty dead this month, but activity usually spikes during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Summer Breaks.

9. As many as we can answer, basically. xD

And yeah, most RPGs running right now are part of a series. That means no matter what RPG you want to join, there's going to be some sort of learning curve. But people have been through that learning curve before, and ultimately managed to join the RPGs just fine. Everyone here is totally happy to help you, so if you need help, feel free to ask!

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: Hunted by Megan Spooner
Currengly Binging: Stranger Things
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next