Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

Latest topics
September 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

-Roleplaying Thread- Anaphora: Entropy

Page 99 of 100 Previous  1 ... 51 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: -Roleplaying Thread- Anaphora: Entropy

Post by Michael DeathFlame on Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:04 pm

(#Cellida)

Monica: I open my mouth to talk, but Odessa beats me to it. Cei crosses the room quick, really quick, and before I'm even totally processing what's going on she starts downing a thing of milk. I look between Odessa and Cei, not sure what to say. How in the skies did these two meet?

Profound Creator
Profound Creator

http://Wizard101central.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Whitehawk on Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:16 pm

Cei

After drowning the majority of my sorrows in glorious milk, I have to stop and breathe and reassess.  The empty milk carton I set aside while I eye the food options available to me.  Fruits, vegetables -- oh they'd taste so good but I need to think for the future.  I'll get hurt later.  Meat, I decide quickly, but -- fish.  Yes, fish.  I love fish.  And while I know I've never had the good stuff before, in a place like this there's got to be stuff of good quality.  There's a portion of fish that I can smell clearly -- briney, salty, oily and distinctly fishy -- that's wrapped in white paper that I snatch, open, and start on.

Oily, salty, briney, cooked -- no, smoked.  My knees wobble.  Fish was something of a treat, I don't remember the last time I got to have it ... I caught a few back in the north but they were never this tasty (or this edible.)  Several bites later, the ravenousness eases up a bit and I swivel on the back of my heels and turn to face Monica and Odessa.  I close the refrigerator with my elbow, edge a loose bit of fish at the corner of my lip into my mouth.  Skies, I love food.  

"Aren't you guys hungry?" I ask the both of them, eyebrows raising.  They're both on the skinny sides, Monica especially.  Odessa, at least, looks more lean than bony.  And she's being coy, so she probably won't say yes anyways.  Stuck up little bitch, I think, but she's making me smirk too much so I drop my eyes to my fish.
Captain Whitehawk
Student Creator
Student Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael DeathFlame on Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:03 pm

Monica: I have no idea what Odessa'd been doing all day, so I don't know what she needs or not. Me, though, I ate lunch with Zeke a bit ago, and it's still kind of early to eat again, for me, at least. "No, no I'm good, thanks, though." I try to remember everything I've asked so far, and even though I only asked her a few things, it still takes me a bit to remember all of them. Things happened so quickly before that it's kind of hard to pull them all apart from each other now. Things might not be all the way okay, but no one's hurt now, she wants to leave Mars, and her name is... it's Cei, her name's Cei.

Is she in the government? I don't think so, not the way she's acting. She's definitely not with the Inquisitors, at least. She's definitely not Avaditan, though. She looks Aspernori for sure. So why leave Mars? Is she a Trait Bearer? But if she is, why would she go to Chase? Unless she knows him, but I don't think she does. No, she probably not a Trait Bearer. I think. I don't know. I have a million more questions, but if I ask them all she'll get sick of me way before I'm done. I walk along the side of the table, letting the knuckles on my right hand glide over it. The bruises there are getting smaller, so they don't hurt as bad when they touch the table. I'm not sure if I'm happy about that or not. "How much longer you think you'll be here for? I mean, well, in the apartment. Or Mars, too, I guess."

Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Whitehawk on Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:38 pm

Cei

What a nervous kid. I don't know why she's so scared of me, of ... everything. She won't last long like this. I'm not going to hurt her, Odessa, it seems like, already lives here so she probably isn't going to hurt her either. Or maybe she doesn't live here. But she does have a key and housekeeping doesn't seem her style.

Away from prying eyes I feel ... looser. The world has gone from many unknowns to two people I have to worry about, maybe more in the future. But I can handle two. And all this furniture and junk lying around makes for easy weapons.

"Dunno. I meant to be gone immediately, but then ..." How much can this kid know? How much should I say? Common sense says shut up, but at the same time ... I find a resolution. "Somewhere between 2 days and after everything goes to shit." I grin, and keep eating fish. It tastes amazing.

Student Creator
Student Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael DeathFlame on Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:18 pm

Monicq: "Everything goes to shit" can mean a bunch of different things. It could just be when she gets in trouble... but it could also be when all of Aspenor gets in trouble too. Or maybe something in between? I don't know. But she's not telling me that, so I don't think she'll tell me if I ask again. "Alright. Yeah, leaving before that sounds like a good idea." That's kind of stupid to point out, but I didn't know what else to say, and saying nothing felt even stupider. The lesser of two stupids, I guess.

Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Whitehawk on Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:29 pm

Cei

I laugh. The feeling of it as it leaps out my throat and pushes out past my teeth is nice. It's funny. It is. It all is. This little kid has a stranger barge into her own home and she awkwardly tries to make conversation with the stranger while the stranger eats all her food. She's very cute about it, though. I like her.

"I meant after, actually. I intend to be around if things are going to get crazy around here. After, though?" I shrug. "This is a very nice place to live in, Monica. How'd you get here?" Why does the Head Inquisitor, one of Aspernor's worst, keep kids?

Student Creator
Student Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael DeathFlame on Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:01 pm

Monica: I guess that's how Odessa and her met up, then. Odessa said something like that the first time I really talked to her, back on the port in Suada. How she was totally fine with being around when everything really does start blowing up. There are a bunch of people in Aspernor who say that say it just to brag and make themselves sound stronger, but most of them don't mean it, I think. Odessa does, though, and I feel like Cei does too. The two of them seem pretty different though. Not bad different, just different. Cei laughs and smiles easier, it looks like. She seems friendlier, I think.

That makes her last question more awkward, though. It's a lot easier to just give the boring answer to people who aren't as friendly, just that I'm the ward of the Head Inquisitor and I'm living here until I'm old enough to leave. Being asked by people like Cei, though, it makes a small part of me want to tell her more. It's confusing and complicated, too, so I try for something in between, to try to at least make both parts of me happy. "Chase... let me live with him, after I stopped living with my mom. He adopted me a bit ago, so I've been here since."

Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Whitehawk on Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:36 pm

Cei

Her face keeps moving and shifting in ways that suggest ... there's more to her, I know it. Or at least there's something else behind what she says. But I don't know what it is. And I can't figure it out, either. It disappoints me but ... maybe I'll find out later.

So the Head Inquisitor can be good. "That's nice of him," I say, and as the idea filters through my head I'm pleased. Kids need good homes. And if people can give them good things, they should. "Messy family, huh? Sounds shitty. Sorry about that. But ... looks like you're in better hands now." I nod at the penthouse around us. "At least you can stuff your face whenever you want to. That's fun. Eating is good."

Student Creator
Student Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael DeathFlame on Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:10 pm

Monica: I smile at the last bit. I felt like that too, ehrn I first started being with Chase. It was probably the only time I wasn't scared out of my mind those first few etonia. "Yeah, eating's always good." I like her, I think. She's definitely a little strange, but everyone I know is strange, so being strange isn't a bad thing to me, at least. Please don't end up being terrible. I try not to follow that thought, because I know that'll just upset me, and I don't want to be sad right now. "I mean, I'm not Chase, but I think so long as you're safe, I feel like you could stay here for as long as you need to. Or want to." She might be in trouble, so she probably doesn't want to stay in Mars, especially if she's in trouble with the government or something. But it's never never bad to offer something.

Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Whitehawk on Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:16 pm

Cei

As long as you're safe. I get it, then. She's nervous because she doesn't know if I'm someone who's going to hurt her or someone who could be her friend. I'm another weirdo that walked into Aspernor. I could be her next nightmare. I probably already am. Hopefully if anyone decides to crash in the apartment and start a slaughter Monica doesn't see my pieces come back together.

"That's real sweet, thanks," I smile at her. "We'll see. No need to plan ahead at this point." My hand reaches for more fish ... but touches only oily paper. Shoulders sagging, I crumple the paper, turn to the fridge, and grab another package of fish. "Just a heads up," I say as I open the package. "Unless you guys stop me, I'm just gonna keep going."

Student Creator
Student Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 99 of 100 Previous  1 ... 51 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top