Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

November 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

-Roleplaying Thread- Anaphora: Entropy

Page 98 of 100 Previous  1 ... 50 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: -Roleplaying Thread- Anaphora: Entropy

Post by WritingBookworm on Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:43 pm

- Odessa -

I watch Cei work her way around the room -- particularly around the furniture. She almost looks entranced by it, but in the end she seems too pissed to be entranced. Still, it grips her attention in a way that had never gripped mine. Perhaps it never gripped my attention because I was used to the grandeur, back when I was small. Cei, on the other hand . . . "You aren't around places as nice as this too often, aren't you?"

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: Hunted by Megan Spooner
Currengly Binging: Stranger Things
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Whitehawk on Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:49 pm

Cei

"Hell no.  Also, I want to know what assholes bought all this shit so I can rip off their  --" I bite my tongue quick, realizing there's a kid in the room and that kids shouldn't hear a mouth like mine.  Mam would've punched me for that one, I think, then squash the idea.  I don't know anyone by that name.

With another grimace, I rise to my feet, dusting off my pants a little awkwardly.  "It's ... yeah.  Families like mine would've spent all day making stuff like this, and to see so much of it just ... here ..." I shake my head.  "It's weird."
Captain Whitehawk
Student Creator
Student Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:58 pm

- Odessa -

"It can be, can't it?" Regardless, I walk over to one of the couches and sit on it with my back against the armrest. I cross my ankles, leaving them to rest on the cushions. "But I won't complain."

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Whitehawk on Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:01 pm

Cei

My eye twitches.  All the blood, sweat, and tears put into that fabric -- and I would know!  My snot is probably embedded in some upholstery somewhere, nevermind all the other gunk that could have possibly gone into it in all the time it would've taken to make it.  Except it wouldn't have turned out gross, obviously, because cleaning regulations. But still...  I resist the urge to slap Odessa upside the head.

Last edited by Captain Whitehawk on Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Captain Whitehawk
Student Creator
Student Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael DeathFlame on Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:03 pm

Monica: I watch the woman make her way around the room, and I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to think about her. The strangeness from before, that's definitely still there. She's weird, for sure, but I don't know what she's thinking, what she's here for, heck, I don't even know who she is.

The first question gets answered quick enough when Odessa and her start talking again, and all at once the woman's pissed. And she's not just pissed, she's really pissed, pissed enough that she almost says she'd kill Chase. And as quick as the anger came out of her I feel it explode in me, because how could she say that about him, how could she just threaten to kill someone like that, and I swear to the skies if she doesn't stop talking I'll be the one to rip out her-

What she says next pulls me back down for a second, and it pulls me down enough to shove my Hate down too. I shoot my eyes to the ground and try to ignore the guilt that's taking the place where my Hate was, but of course I'm no good at ignoring it at all. I don't know this woman, and she doesn't know me, but I get what she's saying, now, at least. It was a long time ago now, but I felt like that too, the first time I met him. My family, we were never poor, but we weren't rich, either. We never had anything like this. Seeing just how much one person can have compared to what other people have instead, that's bad, that feels terrible, and she's feeling that too. Skies, that was terrible, that was stupid, stupid of me, at least. I should've understood her first, but instead I just lashed out and it was stupid and crap.

I grab at my left elbow with my right arm and force myself to look back up at the woman. I try to keep my face as neutral as I can, or at least try to keep most of the guilt out of my face. "I'm, I'm sorry, I still don't know your name. Who are you?"

Profound Creator
Profound Creator

http://Wizard101central.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Whitehawk on Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:17 pm

Cei

I'd been biting my tongue a bit to keep myself in check.  But hit with a crescendo of fight me, hit me, I'll murder you and everyone you know rage, I bite through it.

"Mph!" I slap the back of my hand up against my lips, wincing as I feel it out with the edge of my teeth.  That was close.  I'd almost bit it off.  Salty, rusty blood fills my mouth, and I swallow it, waiting for it to hurry up and get healed.  After several seconds given to let it start, I swallow my blood-saliva again and tell the girl, muffled and lispy, "Cei Wynne.  Hi."

Last edited by Captain Whitehawk on Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Captain Whitehawk
Student Creator
Student Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael DeathFlame on Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:29 pm

Monica: I don't know what she bit, but I'm hoping it's not anything too bad. I focus more on her name instead. Cei Wynne. Cei Wynne. Cei. Cei. I nod, half-smiling as I say, "Monica. Hi."

Profound Creator
Profound Creator

http://Wizard101central.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Whitehawk on Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:40 pm

Cei

Oh shit, it really is her.  There was some part of me hoping I could just pretend and lie for a little while longer.  But no, this really is it.  

It's been another twenty seconds by now and my tongue is ... well, it's getting there.  "Hi Monica, nice to meet you.  Again, sorry for busting into your home and being bitc -- mean."  I make a face, annoyed with my lack of manners.  Not that I'd ever really had to use them before, but all the riches of the room make me ... out of place. What do people talk about these days?  "I'm just here to ... I don't know.  Odessa thought it was a good idea.  I wanted to leave Mars."  My voice sounds funny.  And I'm hungry. It hits me like a train, the ache of it.  Damn, I'm hungry.  

"Do you have any food?  I haven't eaten since this morning."  And ... oh wow, actual food. Topside like I am now, people actually have real food. No bread crusts or some slop mixture of meal and ... whatever else that was.  The thought makes me slobber a bit and I have to swallow it down again.  I haven't had real food in ... I get a little misty-eyed at the thought.  Even this morning was just the same old nutrient sludge.  Works great but ... skies, real food.

Last edited by Captain Whitehawk on Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Captain Whitehawk
Student Creator
Student Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:46 pm

- Odessa -

"There's no shortage of food." I wave over to the fridge. "Help yourself to a meal."

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Whitehawk on Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:50 pm

Cei

The urge to cry arises.  But the call of food is stronger, skies bless it, so despite my healing tongue, I pop open the fridge and ... stare.

It's beautiful.  Quite possibly the most amazing thing I've ever seen in my life.  I think I feel my heart stop.  Stunned, I back up a step, mind whirling. It's stacked, every part of it. Cartons of milk -- is that juice?? -- packaged meat and fish, tubers, greens, herbs -- People with refrigerators can eat all day, whenever they want ...  The idea is both disgusting and so wonderful I can hardly take it in.

"This is the most --" I have to stop and breathe, I'm so choked up. "It's so beautiful ..." Pausing, I admire the wonder of it.  Then I grab the nearest milk carton and start chugging.  Liquids first!

Last edited by Captain Whitehawk on Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Captain Whitehawk
Student Creator
Student Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 98 of 100 Previous  1 ... 50 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top