Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

November 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

-Roleplaying Thread- Anaphora: Entropy

Page 97 of 100 Previous  1 ... 50 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: -Roleplaying Thread- Anaphora: Entropy

Post by WritingBookworm on Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:54 pm

- Odessa -

"They do if you don't want to get caught." And I'll bet Cei was caught trying to kill the Warlord.

I fit a spare key into the lock of the door, jiggle it in the lock for a half-second, and then swing the door open to reveal the penthouse. "Welcome to the Mr. Spiterwetch's humble abode."

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: Hunted by Megan Spooner
Currengly Binging: Stranger Things
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Whitehawk on Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:07 pm

Cei

Caught doesn't matter if they're dead. They can all be dead, it doesn't matter -- But I bite my tongue. I can feel the tension in my chest, the readiness to lash out. But this isn't the time or the place.

I look over at Odessa, then step over the threshold and into the apartment, scanning. "Humble my ass." The stuff in here ... I know people who would've sold a kid just to live a couple months in a place like this.

Student Creator
Student Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael DeathFlame on Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:26 pm

Monica: The jingling keys sound like a crash in the silence of the apartment, and it sends me straight out of my bed. No one should be back yet, it's too early, it's way too early. Already I have my hand on my gun, already I can feel the holster slip just a bit from the sweat on my hand, and already I try to keep my heart and footsteps as quiet as I can as I tiptoe to the-

"Welcome to Mr. Spiterwetch's humble abode." I stop for another second before I realize just how dumb I'd been. Stupid. Odessa has a key too. It's just her. Except it's not just her, because she wasn't talking like it was just her, and then there's another voice talking back and that answers that.

I stay where I am, looking straight ahead at the door to my room and keeping my hand on the gun. This could be a trap. Odessa could be against us and she's bringing someone in to kill us and it's a trap. The other voice sounded like a girl too, but there could be more, maybe a bunch of other men, maybe too many for me to shoot if they try to hurt me or Carina, what if-

Stop it. Stop it stop it stop it. I shouldn't be this scared. Odessa wouldn't do something like that, not to me or Carina (I think). And it only sounds like two people, so if I had to I could fight them, but I probably won't, because Odessa's one of the good guys. Or, I don't know, one of the better people, at least. She might not be totally with Chase, but she wouldn't try to hurt me (I think). No, I know. I know she won't. She won't.

Still, I let my hand hover by my side and I make my way down the stairs slowly, only stepping completely out when I see that it really is only two people. Obviously there's Odessa, and then the other one looks like she's Odessa's age too. There's something... I don't know, a little strange to the other girl, but not strange like Ash or Rodger or Vitali. A different kind of strange. But strange is a lot better than what most people in Mars are like, anyway.

I can't tell if I should be looking at Odessa or the other girl, so I just end up looking back and forth between the two of them. "Is... everything okay?" Stupid question, but I can't think of anything else to say, and I already said it, so there's no taking it back anyway.

Last edited by Michael DeathFlame on Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Profound Creator
Profound Creator

http://Wizard101central.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Whitehawk on Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:32 pm

Cei

I blink at the girl, see the holster on her hip, the look on her face, the slight tension to her wide eyes and the set of her shoulders that suggests she could run immediately should something happen.  This is the little girl I'm supposed to ... But the idea falters.  This kid's just growing up, barely a teenager.  It's almost like I'm looking at a pullet, all gangly and sprightly and weird but small, and still vulnerable. I used to have hens, I would know -- pullets can pretend they can fight all they want but they're still weak as ever. Not until you let them grow, at least. And this one, she ... she's blonde and kinda skinny and ... egh.  My stomach turns at the idea of taking a gun and ... Could I kill her?  Hell yeah.  There isn't anyone here could do to me to stop me if I tried.  But I'm not going to.  And I don't want to.

"Sorry for busting in," I tell the kid.  It feels kind of like I've walked in on her house.  But then again, it is her house.  She lives with the Head Inquisitor, she's his ward.  "Promise I won't wreck your house."
Captain Whitehawk
Student Creator
Student Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:37 pm

- Odessa -

"It's called irony," I say. I shut the door behind me, and check the peephole one time, just to make sure there's no one outside who seemed too interested in us. But I see no one at all.

I lower myself from the balls of my feet and slide my key back into my pocket. "The answer to that question might depend on who responds," I say to Monica.

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael DeathFlame on Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:51 pm

Monica: None of this is making me feel any better. Sure, Odessa doesn't seem to be the most optimistic person in the world (although at this point, I feel like that kind of comes with living here), and I still really don't know this other girl, so maybe Odessa's just nervous about nothing. Still, the way she looks back through the eye hole, the way the other girl just kind of looks at me funny... I don't know, maybe I'm being weird and nervous, but I feel like this time there actually is something up. And them not talking about it isn't helping that. "Did something happen?" Chase isn't with them. He shouldn't be, he should still be at work, but that just makes the ice in my blood freeze harder. "Did someone get hurt?"

Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Whitehawk on Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:55 pm

Cei

"Only my ego," I say, blurting per usual and thinking -- what's that?  Oh yes, not at all. Cei you idiot, you jackass, slow down and THINK for once, huh? I wince at my own stupidity.  This is a great first impression.  Grimacing, I slowly lick my lips and try to correct myself.  "Last I checked everything's fine ... or at least ... should be."  I hope I'm coming off as nice and soothing, I don't remember the last time I tried to be a halfway decent person.
Captain Whitehawk
Student Creator
Student Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael DeathFlame on Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:24 pm

Monica: I'm not totally sure what the first thing she said means, but I pay more attention to the last bit. It sounds like everything is... kind of okay, at least. Not bad enough to really be worried. At least, I think that's it. I have no idea. Which is fitting, I guess. "Okay. Good." I look over to Odessa. "What's going on?"

Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:09 pm

- Odessa -

I shrug. "If Chase can pick up strays, so can I." I nod my head over at the socially-inept woman. "This is Cei."

- Emory -

Finally, I do the hardest thing of the day.

I wake up.

I yawn, stretching my arms out before leaning forward and massaging my back. It's a bit sore, but that's because it's not always fun sleeping against a tree trunk. And to think I was so used to this . . . The beds in Reiken have made me soft.

I rub at my eyes, and then pick up my staff. So far, I haven't had to use it in my journey to Poena, so it's been more of a walking stick than a weapon. But if necessary, I'll be able to take down people anyday. I smile to myself, thinking at how people would fear me, Emory Randall, the almighty Compassion Bearer --

A local bush ruffles.

I, the almighty Compassion Bearer, jump back with a yelp. I point my staff at the bush, eyeing it warily. What was that? Was it a snake? Oh skies, I hope that wasn't a snake, or a soldier, or a --

Something leaps out of the bushes, and I hold my staff at the ready, and --

It's a dog.

I blink. It's . . . a pointy-eared, black and white dog.

The dog's ears flatten at the sight of me. It sits, and whimpers, looking up at me with its big black eyes.

"I don't have any food," I say.

Its eyes flicker to my bag, which is, indeed, filled with food for my journey. It looks back to me.

I cross my arms. "No. No, I can't give you any -- "

The dog stands on its back legs, holding its front paws close as it begs.

I try to keep frowning, but the edge of my lips twitch up. I sigh, and open my bag. I ruffle through it for a few berries I picked. Does it like berries? I'm not too sure, but it's what I've got.

Getting to my knees, I offer the food to the dog on my palm. Its ears perk up, and it politely eats it out of my hand.

I giggle as it continues munching on the stuff for a second. "Good boy," I say, petting the dog down its long back. "Or is it good girl?"

I ruffle the spot in between its ears, and check the neck. If the dog has an owner, then I can probably make a detour from my journey to Poena to return it to its owner. But there's no collar, no tag, nothing to indicate an owner.

"You're alone, little guy, aren't you?" I sigh, and pet it one last time before standing up. I hate leaving it alone, but I can't afford to look after a dog right now. "Sorry to leave you, but I've got to go find my mom. My dad's still concerned about her. So . . . take care, all right?"

I turn around, and continue on my way. I don't look back . . .

Except I do, when I hear something padding behind me. I turn, and see the dog stop when I do. When it opens its mouth, it appears to be smiling wide, and the tongue lolling out of its mouth does nothing to disprove the notion that he's happy.

But I stand my ground. "I can't take you with me."

The dog continues panting happily.

"No," I say. "You could be carrying a disease, for all I know."

As if sensing my disapproval, the dog closes its mouth. It gives one whine.

"No," I say again. "I can't take you with me!"

The dog whines again. I cross my arms. I engage in a staredown with it, right into its black eyes. Its cute . . . adorable . . . cute little . . .

I sigh. "Fiiiiine." I clap my hands. "Come here, boy!"

The dog bounds up to my side, making me cry out and stumble when it jumps on my legs. I laugh again, petting it once again, and then continue on my way with a new companion.

Poena, here we come.

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Whitehawk on Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:00 pm

Cei

Stray???  "I'm not a stray!" I say immediately.  "I'm just ... around."  Rather than follow that up with an introduction (because I don't know of a good one after my last half-assed attempt), I start walking around the apartment.  

It sort of pisses me off, how nice everything is.  Heavy, dark wooden furniture, actual carpet with real linen fibers, the fabrics on the couches made with factory worker precision, the kind mass-produced in dingy little suburbs like mine that never got any of its products beyond the rejects.  I rub my thumb over the upholstery of the nearest loveseat, sliding it back and forth to get a sense for its quality and type.  I can feel that its patterns are regular, the threads spun into uniform width -- a marvel of its own. And all of it is soft, almost silky to the touch. I better if I'd tore it all off and held it up to the light I wouldn't have seen a single speck of light sliding through the weave. Unbelievable. Squatting down, I see the hems sweeping just above the carpet are generous, the edges neatly, heavily stitched closed.  Gritting my teeth a little, I focus on something else -- the slats across the windows, barring the light except in slits. Afraid of being watched, Mr. Head Inquisitor?  What a coward.  Just let them come to you.  Fight them.  Get them out of your way or let them kill you off.  Just --

And I realize this is where I would've had to break into had I went to kill the girl. I would've been so lost in light of this expensive ... shit.  That's all it is, everything I see.  Maybe if I'd done it, what I was told to, I would've killed the Head Inquisitor too for being so offensively wealthy.  The people who slaved away to make all of this ... and to be used, sat on, degraded by filth who don't deserve an ounce of it ...  The wealthy of Mars precariously join my hit list.
Captain Whitehawk
Student Creator
Student Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 97 of 100 Previous  1 ... 50 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top