Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

Latest topics
September 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

-Roleplaying Thread- Anaphora: Entropy

Page 4 of 100 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 52 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: -Roleplaying Thread- Anaphora: Entropy

Post by Michael DeathFlame on Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:40 pm

Finsa: I look between the two Redemption leaders silently. If the room can get the job done for them, then so be it. But... well, the thought of convening in the same room that Vandor Zeidan used for his meeting room sends shivers down my spines. I'd never set foot in that room, not if I had to. It must be so much worse for Luke. He grew up around all that evil.

Profound Creator
Profound Creator

http://Wizard101central.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythie on Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:10 pm

Jezebel~
I knew which room Luke was talking about. I didn't like that room, it was a scary room full of bad memories. "Or we could uhhh, you know, find an empty room and put a table in it or something...." I say hesitantly interjecting.

Epic Creator
Epic Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Lionheart on Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:14 pm

≾ Aila ≿

I hesitate at his suggestion, allowing Jezebel to voice the concern for me. "Hey, or, is there any big eating room? Not the royal one. The servants and people have their own, right? We could use something like that."

⌠ Anaphora Fan Thread ⌡ × ⌠ Anaphora: Entropy ⌡ × ⌠ My Shop ⌡ × ⌠ Forum Rules ⌡ × ⌠ versen ver ♥ ⌡
Athena Lionheart
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

http://creativitycenter.forumotion.com/t869-applications-thread-

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:19 pm

- Luke -

"Oh, yeah, that works, too," I say quickly. I inwardly curse myself for even thinking of my suggestion. "Yeah, that's, um -- " Shoot, I said 'um'. "That's better."

- Odessa -

I pass through the halls of Chase's apartment, stopping when I hear the nearby voice of Adam Guerre. I hear something about him seeking protection, and another tidbit about a man named Zeke before I eventually pass. If I do not have to be involved in a matter, then I will not.

I continue on my way, exiting the apartment. All the while, I remember.

"What's the point of these?" In the basement of the abandoned warehous, I hold out the black compound bow with disdain. It's been a few months since Cyrus began teaching me how to control my Hate, and now he expressed the desire to help me shoot a bow and arrow. "Arrows are hardly effective in comparison to bullets. Guns are easier to learn, and much less conspicuous. I don't get the point."

"In the hands of a master, an arrow can be just as effective as a bullet," Cyrus says. "Mastery of the bow isn't just about learning how to use a standard weapon. It's about obtaining discipline. Patience. When and how exactly to strike. All are needed in order to dismantle the Avaditan government."

For the second time that day, I take the elevator down to ground level. I walk briskly and with my eyes trained ahead. Oftentimes, those who walk with a sense of purpose attract less attention than those who don't.

In tandem with my inhale, I raise my bow and draw back the string, matching Cyrus's instructions as best as I can remember. I look ahead at the steel walls of the empty, dusty room, imagining a target there.

His hands clasped behind his back, Cyrus walks in a slow circle around me, inspecting my grip, my stance, how far back I've drawn my string. He flicks the string with his finger, and it vibrates.

"Pull it back, just a bit more," he murmurs. "Allow me . . . "

I walk out into the bright sunlight, lifting my forearm to shield my eyes from the onslaught of light.

Cyrus puts his hand around my own, and my spine erects at the warmth of his skin on top of mine. I expect him to jerk my hand back, like a general seeking to improve the marksmanship of a soldier. But he guides my hand backward slowly, treating me with care.

"That's it, that's it," he says, his voice still soft. Even though he's already helped me, his hand remains on mine. "Now, raise the bow a little more . . . you usually want to aim just a bit above your target . . . "

He encloses my other hand, gripping the bow, underneath his own. With both of his hands on mine, I am distinctly aware of his body behind me, and the heat coming from it.

Just like his hand, it's warm. It surrounds me, wraps around my waist like an embrace.

As much as I try to concentrate on my technique, it is not what I can focus on.

"Is this how we burn the world?" I say. "With arrows, striking from the shadows?"

"It's one way to do it," Cyrus says. "But whichever way we ultimately choose, whichever path we take, I know we can take back what we've been missing."

I close my eyes. For the first time in years, I don't just feel hate. I feel . . . strong. Powerful. I can feel a distinct fire inside me, burning.

"What if," I say slowly, "I've already found what I'm missing?"

Cyrus's voice is low and close, and I can feel his breath against my ear. "Then you are already victorious."

My back pressed against his chest, our hands still in position, I look up and behind me to see Cyrus's face.

Then and there, I memorize it all. The countours of his face, the thin slope of his nose. His face is surprisingly round, like Taeya's, and his ruffled golden hair catches the gleam of the moonlight. Just as I see him for what he is, he sees me for what I am, his own blue eyes roaming across my face before lingering on my lips.

The governments' destruction isn't the only thing I want, I realize. I want something else, too.

I let myself stand there for one moment longer. I let his warmth surround me. I let the fire inside me hunger and crave.

Then I lift my head, fix my lips to his, and the rest of my thoughts are consumed by fire.

Alone, tired, and already beginning to sweat in the Aspernori sun, I stop, resting and leaning against a building. Almost subconsciously, my hand creeps into the pocket of my jeans, and I palm the forbidden object I have harbored for so long.

A photo. The one photo I have carried with me this entire time.

A photo of a teacher, comrade, and lover.

I close my eyes, allowing myself exactly one second of sorrow. Then I lift my head toward the sky, and narrow my eyes.

I'll admit it. I gave him my heart, and trusted him with it.

The thing is, I shouldn't have.

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
Currengly Binging: Seraph of the End
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NightOwl on Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:53 pm

As Larea was making sure the combat medics were taking care of the soldiers that needed attention, she glanced down to the catapults below and a thought sprang to life. She found a nearby, unharmed Lieutenant and gave them orders. Afterwards, they quickly went off to complete them.

Then, she was stopped by a guard who Aila had sent for her. She turned back around to find the members of the Redemption were now gathered in a group a good few meters away from her, all standing near a man she had never seen before. She thanked him, then ordered him to follow and began walking towards them.

Larea wasn't going to open the gate for them, but she would have the guard go down and help them up the ladder since he still seemed to be in good condition. However, once she made it to them, she could see Michael was already doing just that. "Stand by the ladder. Give them your help if they need it." She said to the guard, then turned her attention to the group. "Who may this be?" Her heart was still racing, and she could still hear the ringing in her ears, but she did everything in her power to keep her voice as calm and collected as possible. She didn't want them to doubt her abilities as general. Not now.

Last edited by NightOwl on Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Thank you so much Athena! You're amazing!!
Forum Rules.. • • ..Anaphora: Entropy.. • • ..Anaphora Wiki
Spoiler:
NightOwl
Moderator/Coder
Moderator/Coder

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:15 am

- Cedric -

"Hmm?" I look away from the people below, and to the redhead that just arrived. Dressed in a sharp black uniform and an eyepatch covering one of her eyes, I can immediately recognize her as a woman of militaristic authority.

I hold out my hand. "Cedric Jarvis. Persistence."

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
Currengly Binging: Seraph of the End
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythie on Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:27 am

Jezebel~
"So I mean what do we do now?" I ask still kind of confused by the whole situation

Epic Creator
Epic Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox on Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:35 am

Adam-

"Right." I say, "I'll try to keep an eye on him, as well as any others who seem off."  I glance down,

Vitali, Vitali.  I really know next to nothing about him. And who knows how many more people there are like him, members of Jayce's hidden court. I let out a soft sigh, annoyed, I think I know things, and then I find he's a step ahead of me in hiding actually important things.

Alec-

I stand upon the walls, looking upon the army falling back. A frown forms on my face as I turn and walk away, back towards my office.
Paradox
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by NightOwl on Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:55 am

There were a few seconds of pause before Larea shook his hand, surprised by a new Trait Bearer appearing suddenly. "...Larea Olar. Strength."

Thank you so much Athena! You're amazing!!
Forum Rules.. • • ..Anaphora: Entropy.. • • ..Anaphora Wiki
Spoiler:
NightOwl
Moderator/Coder
Moderator/Coder

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael DeathFlame on Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:37 am

Chase: I nod my head at that. "Perfect." The elevator door rolls open, opening to the long hallway of my floor. "Do you wish to wait here until Zeke comes?" As I talk I walk to my door, withdrawing my key and the other necessary materials to get into my room. Hopefully Ash isn't doing something too incredibly stupid when I bring the young Guerre in. "I know you don't intend to stay here full time, but you are more than welcome to stay as much as you'd like."

Profound Creator
Profound Creator

http://Wizard101central.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 100 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 52 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top