Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

Latest topics
July 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

-Roleplaying Thread- Anaphora: Entropy

Page 3 of 100 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 51 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: -Roleplaying Thread- Anaphora: Entropy

Post by Michael DeathFlame on Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:23 am

(Waiting on someone who actually has authority to okay Michael going down to help Tess and Skada up.)

Finsa: My smile gets just a bit bigger with the exchange between the Zeidans. Jez has a point, but I can't blame Luke either. If I'd heard Monica ever something like that, I'd probably react the same way. "Just not in front of your brother," I say under my breath, sitting back down against the wall as everything starts to calm down a little bit.

Profound Creator
Profound Creator

http://Wizard101central.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Lionheart on Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:17 am

≾ Aila ≿

"That'd be great," I say to Michael. Inwardly, I think, There. Persistence Bearers bitch at others to get things done and Passion Bearers actually do shit.

Then I remember Kihira. A bit of shame pokes at me.

Some. Not all.

⌠ Anaphora Fan Thread ⌡ × ⌠ Anaphora: Entropy ⌡ × ⌠ My Shop ⌡ × ⌠ Forum Rules ⌡ × ⌠ versen ver ♥ ⌡
Athena Lionheart
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

http://creativitycenter.forumotion.com/t869-applications-thread-

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael DeathFlame on Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:31 am

(*Finsa inwardly flips off her future wife*)

Michael: I nod. "Cool." It's not like I got to do too much in that battle; I think I only killed, like, six guys with my gun, and only really got to burn that one guy at the bottom of the ladder. To say I'm still a bit antsy is a bit of a understating thing to say. I hop over to one of the ladders that hasn't been knocked down (I think it was the one the Persistence guy came up, right?) and start my quick climb down the ladder, occasionally looking out to see if any jerk was gonna try to shoot me or something.

Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:46 am

- Cedric -

"You're twelve, Jezebel," the boy says. "Besides, it's unprofessional."

I lift my eyebrows. Does he know she's a Zeidan? If so, then apparently he has a lot of nerve. I'd probably be dead if I ever spoke to Avon Dasilva in a condescending way. But then again, Emperor Dasilva still has authority. Most Zeidans don't.

I turn away from them and back to the ladder. I consider going down there with the brunette, but someone else should probably stay at the top to help them up onto the wall.

- Odessa -

The place I'm brought to is rowdy, messy, and bears no trace of class whatsoever. Untended stains on the ground can be spotted everywhere in the dim light, a bottle shatters somewhere, and the place just reeks of too much beer. Prostitutes I recognize from the whorehouse dangle off of the arms of men, like accessories, and my stomach churns. My stomach only gets even worse when I hear catcalls shot at them.

"You really don't like the sight of that, don't you?"

I don't respond to the blonde Hate Bearer. One of the prostitutes strokes her fingers seductively down a man's arm, and another laughs at whatever pathetic thing someone says.

"Any decent person wouldn't," I finally say. I return my attention to the table I sit at, and the young man I'm seated across from. I take a small sip of my beer. Neither of us have enough to get us drunk, but it's enough to satisfy us.

The man's mouth twitches up, hinting at a sardonic smile. "Then I guess that makes me a decent person, in your eyes."

"Why did you invite me here?"

"You're a Hate Bearer," the man says. "And a bit of a strong one, too. Tell me, do you know what the Hate Trait can be used for?"

"Emotional manipulation," I reply automatically. "Sometimes to unleash devastating psychic attacks -- "

"No, no, no, you've got the wrong idea," he says. He leans back in his chair, closing his eyes and waving dismissively. "That's what the Hate Trait grants you the ability to do, yes, but what can it be
used for? Or -- let me try again, perhaps I should rephrase my question."

He steeples his fingers. He at last opens his eyes, but by no more than a few millimeters, watching me carefully.

"Rather, do you know what you'd like to accomplish with the Hate Trait?"

I wrap my fingers around my chilly glass.

"There is nothing I would like to use it for," I say. "The sooner I can be rid of it, the better off I'll be."

"What's your name?"

I consider him giving a fake name, but decide against it. "Odessa."

"Odessa, then." The man smiles. "Don't lie to yourself, Odessa."

I remember trying to steal from the man. I remember specifically targeting Avaditan nobility when choosing targets. I remember attacking my would-be rapist with my newfound Trait -- unintentionally, and yet completely intentionally.

Off in the distance, another man pushes someone off of a chair, shouting. Yet another beer bottle shatters, and I can hear one of the bartenders groaning as she goes and gets a broom.

I lean in closer to the Hate Bearer. "And what would you like to accomplish with the Hate Trait?"

"That's easy." He traces the outer rim of his glass with his finger. "I'd like to raze. Destroy. Take down the government that killed my sister. I'd like to burn this world to the ground and leave it to the ashes."

"Careful, now." I tilt my head. "Logic says that I could be the wrong person to tell this to."

"Instinct tells me you're exactly the right person to tell this to."

"What'd they do to your sister?"

"She was executed," he says. "Three years ago, by the Avaditan government. Taeya Evans was a flame that should have never gone out."

Taeya. "You're her brother, then. Cyrus." I remember my many conversations with her. She'd had an older brother, one that she'd been separated from after they immigrated from Aspernor to Avaditas. "I was friends with her, during her final weeks." I take a sip of my drink. "She said you were a Joy Bearer."

Cyrus smiles tightly. "When someone kills your family, it's easy for Joy to turn to Hate."

He moves his drink to the side. Just like me, he leans in closer across the table, his nose only inches from mine.

"You're strong," he says. "You already learned passable control, and maybe even a few tricks. How would you like a teacher?"

I don't look away from his eyes. They're an electric blue, deep and churning a vindictiveness that matches my own. A vindictiveness that brings out my own.

Slowly, I begin to smile.

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: After Dark by Haruki Murakami
Currengly Binging: Basically every Disney movie ever
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythie on Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:08 pm

Jezebel~
I point my finger towards Aila, "Well she does it all the time and she's the leader..." I mumble under my breath

Epic Creator
Epic Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael DeathFlame on Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:18 pm

Finsa: Once you become a Passion Bearer you can bitch and moan as much as you want.

Michael: I look between the two girls at the bottom of the wall. One of them is really young, just barely a woman at all. The other one looks like a few years younger than me, maybe around the same age as Lu. She has a weird looking haircut that I've never seen before, though. Maybe she burned the hair on the side of her hair by accident. That must've sucked. I look at the older one, see how she's holding herself. She must be the injured one, then. "Let's get you up there before they change their mind and come back then, huh?"

Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Lionheart on Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:00 pm

≾ Aila ≿

"Don't fucking drag me into this," I grumble. "And-- oh, forget it. Do what Luke says. Or not."

⌠ Anaphora Fan Thread ⌡ × ⌠ Anaphora: Entropy ⌡ × ⌠ My Shop ⌡ × ⌠ Forum Rules ⌡ × ⌠ versen ver ♥ ⌡
Athena Lionheart
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:26 pm

- Luke -

"Aila -- " Aila would be set off if I tried to tell her to stop swearing with all of this going on. "Aila is Aila," I say somewhat lamely. I rub my temples, looking over to the Passion Bearer. "Want to have some sort of meeting after all of this? I don't know about you, but I'd personally like to figure out what on earth is going on."

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Lionheart on Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:40 pm

≾ Aila ≿

"Alright. Sure," I say. "Once Michael gets back, we can all move to... Do we have an actual meeting room in this place? Because I'm sick of everyone crowding in my freaking office."

Athena Lionheart
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:34 pm

- Luke -

"Yeah, there is," I say. "Dad had a meeting room where he met with the three Generals and some other advisors. It's small, but it should work."

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 100 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 51 ... 100  Next