Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

Latest topics
December 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

A Rift Between Worlds II [RP thread]

Page 3 of 101 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 52 ... 101  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Rift Between Worlds II [RP thread]

Post by WritingBookworm on Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:08 am

THREE YEARS AGO

Cancello City, Mahou

The girl wondered if the world might end.

That robot, that behemoth of a machine, that monster, loomed over her. It loomed over the sweeping architecture of Cancello City, and it crushed through solid, compact buildings like they were made of paper. Above her, she could see the Empress Kagami Fiore herself, beautiful and radiant in all her power as she used her white ribbons of magic to create a dome that a slab of a small house fell harmlessly off of, as she tried to combat this terror herself.

The girl wondered if it would really be enough. She wondered if the Empress even had the chance to save them all.

But most of all, she worried whether or not her mother was alive.

"Mom!" she yelled. She could see a few guardsmen along the wall, but she was too far away to make out their faces. "Mom! Mom!"

But no one could hear her.

The twelve-year-old burst into a run, shooting through the wreckage of the empty streets. Much of the city had been evacuated at this point, but she would not rest until she knew her mother was okay. It was reckless, dangerous, and stupid to still be in the city with that thing on the loose, but she had to see her mother. Her mother was her family, and she would never abandon her family.

She sprinted through the streets, weaving past the rubble and climbing over the cement slabs of ruined buildings. She tried to stay as far away from that robot as possible, jumping when she heard the boom of another building as the robot stepped on it. She navigated her way through the city as she looked up periodically, checking to see if she was getting any closer to the guardsmen.

Eventually, the girl stopped, craving the chance to catch her breath. She checked on the wall again. She seemed to be getting a little closer, but she still doubted anyone would be able to hear her . . .

A scream startled her.

The girl spun around, searching for the source of the scream. She wasn't the only civilian still in Cancello City, was she?

She heard that scream again, and this time, she heard it coming from a crushed neighborhood to the left -- one that the robot had left crushed in its wake.

Without thinking, she turned around and rushed towards the scream. She didn't know what she could do to help, or if it was already too late for them. But she couldn't do nothing.

The girl slowed when she saw it. A few meters ahead of her, someone was kneeling, hunched over the end of a slab. The Majo wailed, and the girl reluctantly ventured closer.

When she was nearer, she could see what he was wailing over -- a body, buried halfway underneath the slab of a house that the robot had stepped on.

"Dante!" the silver-haired boy wailed again, staring down at the face of an older boy who looked startingly like him. The boy squeezed the corpse's hand, like that might lift the slab that crushed his lower body. Like that might bring him back to life. "DANTE! Please!"

The girl made her steps light. The boy clasped his other hand over the corpse's, and brought it close to his soot-stained face, sobbing. "Please don't go," he gasped. "Please."

The girl stopped. Her throat bobbed as she swallowed. She may not have ever known the older boy, but the boy's grief was so miserable that the loss was weighing her down, too.

Gently, she rested a brown-skinned hand on the pale boy's shoulder . . .

The boy jumped up and lashed out like a wild animal, making the girl squeak in fright. "Don't. Don't come near me, dang it, don't come near me!"

The girl stared up at him, eyes wide in terror. Then she stood her ground and crossed her arms, all of her fright gone.

When he saw that he couldn't scare her away, the boy's anger seemed to dissolve. "I . . . I can't . . . " The corners of his eyes pricked with tears. Then, his arms still at his sides, the boy's head fell uselessly onto the girl's shoulder, wetting the girl's shoulder with his sobs.

"It should have been me." His voice was muffled against her shoulder. "It should have been me, it should have been me, it should have been me."

She didn't know what to think. She didn't know why he'd lashed out. She especially didn't know why he was coming to her for comfort. Maybe it was because he had no one else to turn to.

Slowly, gingerly, she wrapped his arms around his body.

"We have to go," she croaked, her eyes never quite able to leave the corpse.

"No," the boy said. "I won't leave him. I won't leave my brother."

"The robot could come for us, we need to get away."

"No, I can't!" He pulled away, his face smothered in his own tears. "I can't leave him behind, I can't . . . " He looked down, and his back bent, as if the weight of the world was breaking him down that much more. "I can't leave his body behind. He pushed me out of the way, saved me before he could save himself. The least I can do is not leave -- "

"You need to save yourself," the girl said. "From what you said, that was what your brother would have wanted. Now we need to go."

Without waiting for him to protest, she took his hand, and then began running, the crying boy in tow. Surprisingly, he didn't try to pull away, letting himself be dragged by her as she made her way through the streets, away from the body and towards the exit of Cancello City. Her mom might be out there, but she also needed to get this boy to safety.

She ran relentlessly, not looking behind her even as the robot smashed Cancello City into nothingness. Not even as she heard someone barking orders, not even as the sounds of gunfire and magic clashed against the robot. She steeled herself, and ran even quicker --

A building began to groan.

The girl instinctively stopped, letting go of the boy's hand, and looked high above her. In the wake of the destruction, a white three-story building had managed to hold itself together, but now the top, a huge chunk of the building, was careening. It tilted lower, lower, lower, until it broke apart from the rest of the building and began falling down.

The girl screamed, and shot herself away from the building, but it was no use. The shadow of the building's rubble was engulfing her, swallowing her whole, and she would be crushed, just as that other boy had.

She screamed again, closing her eyes and putting her arms above her head in a futile effort to protect herself --

And then someone else bellowed a roar that shook the world and --

The girl paused, slowly realizing that she wasn't crushed. She lower her arms, trusted herself to look up, and was amazed by what she saw.

Great big beanstalks wider than her body rose from the ground and met the slab of the building, curling around it and holding it in place. In their firm grasp, the slab was absolutely still. It would never fall.

She stared up at the sight, her breath stolen from her. Then she smiled, only distantly aware of the tears of relief pooling in her eyelids.

The girl turned to the boy. His face had turned a ghastly shade of white, and he swayed back and forth, until he finally started to tip too far to the right. The girl rushed to him, and managed to catch him in her arms before he fell.

She stared at his closed eyelids, his limp body. She looked back at the beanstalks, and then back to him.

Did he . . .

The boy coughed, and then coughed again. His eyelids fluttered open, and for the first time, the girl could see how blue his eyes really were. Somehow, the boy managed a grin, and though she hadn't known him for very long, he already seemed more like himself.

"Not . . . " he coughed again, but the tired smile came back. "Not gonna let you die."

The girl smiled, sobbed in relief, and hugged him fiercely.

In the distance, more gunshots erupted. Sniffing, the girl looked up, and beheld the battle above her. Some soldiers were starting to lower their guns, as if realizing that wasn't working, and instead shot streams of fire towards it. That began to slow it down, and they continued their efforts.

The girl smiled softly. With the sight of that fire, she knew. Her mom was up there, helping. Her mom was okay. She could feel it.

With effort, the boy managed to sit up a bit. He followed her eyes up toward the battle, and, together, they watched as the Empress and the others fought it with all of their might.

"They'll win," the girl said softly. "I know they will."

"I guess, maybe, there might be hope for us after all," the boy said.

The girl stood up. "There always was."

She looked down, and offered the boy her hand to help him up. "Kairi," she said.

The boy took it, joining her hand with his. "Daisuke."

She lifted him to his feet, and then they stood together.

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: The Fallen by Thomas E. Sniegoski and the Emperor's Soul by Brandon Sanderson
Currently Binging: The Star Wars Movie Saga
4 Days Until Star Wars: The Last Jedi
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:16 pm

~Fi~

I weaved in and out of the groups of people, looking around at the shops to see what we would need for the next week.

Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:32 pm

Linking arms with his brother, Kaoru looked over his shoulder as they crossed the street. It was a habit he'd formed, watching everything. He felt bad, honestly, as he knew 99.9% of these people wouldn't cause any harm. They were looking for the .1%, but it could be anyone.

"Who's that?" Hikaru asked next to him, motioning to direction with his head.

"Who's who?"

"That girl, with the cornflower blue hair. Do you recognize her?"

Kaoru looked where his twin pointed, and he stopped. She was very young, couldn't be any older than 12, and, judging by her clothes, was from Bergstadt. She was carrying an empty basket, and moved around like she knew the area.

Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:07 pm

- Kairi -

I love getting up in the early hours of the morning. It's nice to see the morning sun rise into the pale blue sky, and feel a gentle breeze caress my cheek. Mornings are abundant with the smell of fresh pancakes loaded with syrup (courtesy of my dad), and tipped off with a quick hug to Mom before she reports in for duty for the day. After that, you have the whole day in front of you. You can shape it however you please.

As I said, I love mornings.

But Daisuke doesn't.

"Daisuke." I knock on his door for the second time. "Daisuke." The third. "Daisuke."

There's groaning from the other side of the door.

I sigh. I didn't want to do this, but he has left me with no choice.

I open the door and creep into his bedroom, as silent as a predator stalking their prey. In his bed, Daisuke rolls to the other side, trying to get back to sleep.

I come closer, and slowly, bend my head so my mouth is close toward his ear. Then, I offer one of the gentlest wake-up calls I know.

"GET UP, YOU FAT DUMMY!" I blare into his ear.

Daisuke's eyes lurch open as he yelps, instinctively rolls too far to the side, and falls straight out of his bed.

(Anyone wanna RP?)

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: The Fallen by Thomas E. Sniegoski and the Emperor's Soul by Brandon Sanderson
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:31 pm

(What city is Kairi in right now, Writing?)

Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:35 pm

(Both Kairi and Daisuke live in the Mahou Capital.)

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:39 pm

(Well, I would suggest Yume but she can't really leave her house. I could split up the twins??)

Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:58 pm

(Maybe, or I can just write in an excuse for my characters to get to yours. Whichever floats your boat. ^.^)

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:06 pm

(Well it might be easier to get Gertrud to you than Yume, and the twins are kinda wrapped up in Shay's character at the moment.)

Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:10 pm

(I would send someone but there's really no one I can send, unless I can figure out some way to get Wilhelm to you.)

After a brisk morning shower and getting dressed, Wilhelm was prepared for the day. He walked back out of the bathroom and found Kagami sitting up in bed, looking hardly more awake than if she had been lying down. He walked over to her and gave her another quick kiss on the cheek.
"Good morning, lovely!"
He started to make his way around the bed and to the door to the hallway.
"I'll see you at breakfast!"

Thank you so much ~Hermione~ for the awesome signature!
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 101 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 52 ... 101  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top