Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

Latest topics
» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Today at 11:05 pm by Hime

» Irongale Fan Thread!
Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:59 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:55 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:37 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» Rate the Song Above You.
Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:35 pm by WritingBookworm

» Naruto: Will of Fire [RP Thread]
Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:37 pm by WritingBookworm

» Infinity's Row: Untold Stories
Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:26 pm by WritingBookworm

» [APPLICATIONS THREAD] Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:34 am by Sentinel

» Irongale [APPS THREAD!]
Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:58 am by WritingBookworm

October 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Similar topics
    Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

By the Firelight

View previous topic View next topic Go down

By the Firelight

Post by Hero of Time on Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:43 am

Dim firelight cast long shadows on the trees surrounding a broad clearing in the middle of a large forest. In its center was a rough circle - about four feet across - that had been dug out of the land. Inside of this stood two figures of equal stature, though one was substantially more… substantial than the other.
          “Alright, asshole,” muttered Felix to the shadow likeness that opposed him. “We can do this the easy way, or we can do this my way. Fair warning: my way is bloodier.”
    With a flick of the Shadow Dragon Slayer’s wrist, the facsimile lunged forward. In that instant, Felix summoned his wings and leapt skyward, his paw reaching for his knife.
          “Hey, no weapons!” Barked Justin with feigned rage. Of course, Felix refused to comply and instead dove towards the shadow, knife raised.
          As he swung his blade, a grin formed on Felix’s feline lips. “Looks like I win again.”
          However, that was not the case, for the shadow had drawn his own blade - a buster sword of pure darkness - and blocked Felix’s blow.
          The Exceed, pushing against the creature in something of a contest of strength, looked over at Justin with a furrowed brow. The Shadow Dragon Slayer only shrugged and began to laugh.
          “Man, Felix, I don’t know why I ever doubted your prowess in battle,” he sneered, his hands moving in an intricate pattern through the air.
          Before the Exceed could so much as flinch, the shadow kicked him in the fork of the legs and tackled him. A few tumbles later, Felix fell out of the ring and Justin allowed the shadow to dissipate.
          His paws clutching his furry dice, the Exceed groaned, “You dick. I totally had him…” before falling over once more.
          Meanwhile, Justin was rolling on the ground in a fit of laughter. He continued to brighten the forest with his joviality for several minutes, in fact, until, finally, his voice grew hoarse and he saw fit to stand (it was also at this point that Felix had decided to use his feet as a scratching post).
          Exhausted, the two friends finished off the deer they had shared earlier that evening and sat next to each other before the dying embers.
          From atop the log against which Justin leaned, Felix asked, “What do you think our friends are doing right now?”
          “Sleeping, probably,” intoned the Dragon Slayer, and he clasped his hands behind his head.
          Felix blinked and looked at the moon high above. “Aye…” he said. “I’m surprised you didn’t put up more of a fight and go with Eva. She seems pretty hooked, you know.”
          Justin thought for a moment before shaking his head. “We have different paths, she and I, but we’ll see each other again.”
          And the two sat in silence for a while, content to be in the company of the other. Eventually, the fire grew dark and they took to gazing at the starry heavens. Justin wondered if Eva could see the same stars.
          “I’m sure of it,” he said, and sleep took him.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Afterword~

I wrote this story as soon as I knew that Fairy Tail would be disbanding in our universe because I felt like it perfectly encapsulated the meaning of Justin and Felix's friendship. That, and I was bored in study hall, but you know how it is.

In any case, it takes place about 2 months after the guild was disbanded, and it shows the two at an early stage of their training journey.
    Hero of Time
    Administrator
    Administrator

http://creativitycenter.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top