Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

Latest topics
November 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

Evergreen: Academy for Spies: Incalescent [RP Thread]

Page 2 of 100 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Evergreen: Academy for Spies: Incalescent [RP Thread]

Post by Hime on Sun May 22, 2016 1:22 pm

-- DUSSELDORF, GERMANY --

Avenir Kiel

Six houses in four countries, eighty million dollars, two parents -- and many would wonder why my life feels so empty and grey. Yeah, I'm pretty dang fortunate; after all, most of the world lives in poverty, doesn't it? But as the saying goes, "Some people are so poor, all they have is money."

And that, my friends, is the epitome of my life. Within those six houses in four countries, the eighty million dollars, and the two parents, there is nothing. It's hollow, like a chocolate bunny. That's all I can really say.

"Good morning, Avenir. Did you sleep well?"

When I walked into the kitchen, I felt all the servants' eyes fall upon me. My dad didn't even glance up from his phone, and he was the one who addressed me in the first place. You know, sometimes I wonder if my parents even know a war is going on right outside our doors.

"Yeah, fine," I answered briefly, swigging some milk from the carton.

- I don't know where you're going, but do you got room for one more troubled soul?
I don't know where I'm going, but I don't think I'm coming home -
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Sun May 22, 2016 2:15 pm

~Bryce~
I couldn't help but have my eyes wander as I walked down the hectic streets of Bucharest, Romania with my sister, Carrie. Although every instinct I possessed told me to stay focus, keep my gaze steady and my mind sharp, something about this city always attempted to override those thoughts. The city was truly beautiful and mesmerizing and I had grown attached to it during the two weeks we had been here. Two weeks was longer than we had stayed in any other city; we usually spent a week max in a city before heading to the next location. But I had convinced Carrie to let us stay a bit longer, appealing to her sense of reason that a large city would be easier to disguise ourselves in and we could become practically invisible. But I could tell Carrie was getting antsy and with our current lodging not being the most. . . legitimate option, we'd have to pack up and move again within the next few days. So I was determined to soak up as much as the city as I could before that happened.

I drift my gaze from building to building, examining all the different businesses and shops in such a small area. Everything in this city was so densely packed together, making use of every available inch of space they could. The aromas wafting from the marketplace nearby were captivating, their sublime scents calling me in like a siren, begging me to enter. But unfortunately, we were broke, and even the cheapest of market items were usually way out of our price range.

What was most interesting about Bucharest was the people. Being on the run for so long and my father's lessons in my youth had taught me the importance of reading people. Their facial expressions, body language, their clothing, everything about a person could provide valuable insight into who they were. Information that for people like Carrie and I could be the difference between life and death. So I often found myself watching the people during our rare trips outside of our "borrowed" abode. Bucharest truly was the perfect city to blend in because nobody here paid anybody else any attention, especially an innocent looking brother and sister pair. People were far too busy catching cabs, running across streets, or talking on their phones to even look our way, a fact I greatly appreciated. I tilt my head away from a window so that nobody would catch my reflection in the glass. Maybe it was being a bit too cautious, but I learned early on that there was rarely such a thing.

Suddenly, Carrie's voice pierces my thoughts and I snap my head in her direction, cursing myself for getting so distracted. Maybe leaving this city was the best option after all; it was far too easy for me to lose focus here. I see her peering up at my expectantly, realizing she was waiting for an answer to a question I ignored. I follow her finger to a McDonald's next to the marketplace I had been admiring earlier and realize she probably asked if I thought we should eat there.

I reach into my pockets, pulling out a few crumpled bills. A quick calculation and I deduce we only had enough for a cheap meal today, knocking the market out of the running. I shove my hands back into my pockets and give a shrug of my shoulders. <"Better than nothing. I'm starving so I'm honestly not that picky right now,"> I answer her.

boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Sun May 22, 2016 2:54 pm

(ANNOUNCEMENT: The wikia link is up on the front page!)

- Levi -

I sauntered down the hairs, rubbing a towel tiredly against the side of my face while trying to cool myself down at the same time With little air conditioning, the temperatures in the city grew brutal.

"Levi!" I heard Mama scream, sounding a bit shocked. Blinking, I picked up my pace and rounded the corner into the kitchen.

She was standing there, eyes wide and with an envelope in her hands. "How... How did this get here on the counter?" she asked. "I went outside for a few minutes, and when I came back... It was here."

With a confused expression, I stepped forward and took it from her in order to get a better look. FOR THE EYES OF AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY, it read on the front. I glanced up at Mama once again, then proceeded to gingerly open the letter, completely lost on what its contents could possibly be.

"Careful, zvyozdochka. There may be dangerous contents insi--"

She froze when I pulled out the letter. On the front, there was a familiar-looking seal... The seal that signified the ESO. My mouth fell open, but I couldn't possibly string together any words. What the hell could this possibly be?

- I don't know where you're going, but do you got room for one more troubled soul?
I don't know where I'm going, but I don't think I'm coming home -
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Sun May 22, 2016 3:12 pm

(Yay, I'm in an RPG that has a wiki, I picked a winner.)

Zhanna was just finishing up her breakfast when she noticed the letter on the table.

Austria was war-torn from the constant fighting on both sides. It was not unusual for battles to be fought down in the plains below. These battles were usually small and short, thankfully, as well as decisive. The SRSIA is currently in control of the region and occupied the country. There was now a SRSIA barracks near the town at the foot of the mountain. This village was her only lifeline; the people living there, attempting to live out their lives in peace despite the occupation, had  supplied her with food and resources in exchange for cash. But the small fortune Zhanna carried with her was dwindling quickly- as was the town's population.

However, she was several hours up the mountain- nobody ever came to her, much less with a message. She hadn't heard anyone enter, and had no idea what this letter was. She reached out and gingerly grabbed the envelope, carefully bringing it closer and examining it. She placed it next to her plate and examined it.

Could it be a time-bomb? Perhaps the GLA had filled it with anthrax and intended to poison her? The letters on the front read "FOR THE EYES OF AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY," in bold english letters. Despite the potential dangers, her curiosity overwhelmed her and she warily opened the envelope, taking out and unfolding a letter. The first thing she saw was the seal of the ESO in the upper right corner.

Thank you so much ~Hermione~ for the awesome signature!
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fix-It on Sun May 22, 2016 3:45 pm

{Yay for Wikis!}

~ Naděžda ~

It was bad to wake up past 8:30. That's what matka always told me. If you sleep in past 8:30, you will miss your breakfast and start the day on an empty stomach. Then you won't be able to work as hard, and you won't get paid as much. So always wake up before breakfast unless you plan to have a terrible day and miss your trip to Prague.

I am naturally ashamed and embarrassed when I open my eyes to see the current time is 9:00. How had I allowed myself to sleep that late? How had I forgotten to set the alarm? At least I did not have work today, or I would be at risk of losing my job. I did not really need my job anymore, but it has become a comfort rather than a necessity.

I stand from the bed, and fold the sheets neatly. Matka said that you always need to make your bed before you start the day, so I had to at least do that for her. After doing so, I headed for the kitchen. I would prepare myself eggs today, as usual. Eggs are high in proteins and were very good for you, so it was the obvious choice. I eye the room as I step in, looking for anything unusual. Just as I discarded the thought and reverted my attention to the fridge, I noticed an envelope on the counter.

I immediately started running across the tiles towards the envelope. I outstretched my arms and pulled the envelope towards my chest, before dropping to the floor and making sure it was secured. I could not let my neighbors die by the hands of this vile weapon. It had to be a bomb. I did not hear anyone enter my home, and it was not on the counter last night when I locked all of the windows and doors. It must be very dangerous.

I squeeze my eyes shut and cradle the envelope, waiting for it to detonate and destroy me. I had never been taught to disarm weapons of this capacity, and I would never get the chance. These are my last breaths, and then I would be able to join my family wherever they may be.

I wait, but nothing seems to be happening.

Thirty minutes pass, and I am still lying on the floor. What if it isn't a bomb, and I was wrong all along? I hesitantly pull the letter to where I can read the words written on the front. They are in English. Of course it is. American scum, it had to be the Americans. One of them wrote it and planted it in my home. They knew I would react this way, and wanted to waste my time. I pull myself from the floor and open the letter, convinced it would not explode.

thank you so much athena!:

Fix-It
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

http://sydakasquid.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Sun May 22, 2016 3:46 pm

~Kdin~

I walked down the lonely streets of LA, the only other company being the cars that would rush by and send a wave of water over the sidewalks. My hoodie was pulled far over my eyes, both to keep the rain from pelting my face and to hide the puffiness of my eyes.

When I finally reached my apartment I kicked off my waterlogged shoes and shrugged off my jacket, not even caring about the dripping water onto the floor as I went through the mail.

Bill, bill, overdue notice, game magazine, bill... FOR THE EYES OF AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY

I looked over the envelope carefully, even after losing contact with the spies that knew my parents I had never forgotten the never-ending lesson of being cautious with everything. I carefully cut open the letter and my eyes widened when I saw the seal for the ESO. I looked up at the ceiling and smiled.

"I'm gonna make you proud, Momma."

~Marie~

After trying, and failing, to find a better place to read the dinner bell sounded. I groaned and ran to chuck my book into my room before rushing down the stairs and making my way to the end of the line of children.

"Ms. Toulouse," the high pitched voice of Madame Ecelroy sounded and I winced, "You are late. Again. Your punishment will be to take care of the infants tonight."

I sighed as she moved right onto the next task at hand, that wasn't even a punishment for me.

"-Mr. Petit, a pen pal letter to you, Ms. Leroy a paycheck from the market for you, and Ms. Toulouse...some kind of letter..."

I let her voice fade out in the back of my mind as I held the letter in my hands.

FOR THE EYES OF AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY

With shaky hands I opened the letter as carefully as I could and smiled for the first time in a long time when I saw the ESO seal in the corner.

Give thanks <3
Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Sun May 22, 2016 3:57 pm

(Speaking of the wikia, I'm probably going to try to learn my way around it again so we can get it up and running faster. If anyone has any tips, it would be greatly appreciated!)

"Something came in the mail for you." Alice called to her son. "It's on the counter."

Arthur looked around the kitchen for said "something" as she continued:

"I didn't open it. It's for your eyes only, it says."

Getting it in his hands, Arthur examined the envelope. It was too light to have a decent sized bomb and envelopes with anthrax were usually larger. It was simply a letter with the words "FOR THE EYES OF AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY" printed on the outside.

"What is it, Artie?" Alice asked after a few moments, to which he hummed in the place of "I don't know".

~~~~~~~~~~~

As Kidoka and James ate, another darker-skinned man came up the stairs, and walked in the kitchen with a large grin.
"Ah, my two favorite men in the world!"

"Good morning, Daddy." "Good morning, birdy."

"Good morning, handsomes! What's on the menu today? Eggs, bacon and coffee blacker than James' soul! What a way to start the day!"

James rolled his blue eyes while smiling into his cup. Kidoka had to admit - his parents were kind of adorable.

Sam was pouring himself his own coffee when something caught his eye.
"Babe, are you still getting missions from the army?"

"You mean that thing I left 5 years ago? No. Why?"

Sam brought over an envelope he found on the counter.
"Well, this isn't a bill."
Lady Senbonzakura
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero of Time on Sun May 22, 2016 3:57 pm

~Nathan~

After a while of silent contemplation (of which I got a lot), I noticed an envelope on the table next to my feet that I was sure hadn't been there earlier.

I stop my hand halfway to the letter, my mind racing. What if it's a trap? What if I die?

The moment quickly passes and I rip open the letter. I died a long time ago.
Hero of Time
Administrator
Administrator

http://creativitycenter.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Sun May 22, 2016 4:46 pm

~Jojo~

I rushed down the stairs, yelling apologies to the staff I nearly killed on the way down. I had to get to the mail, Uwar and Uba had told me something exciting would be in there today.

"Jojo, ta zaki, where are you going in such a hurry?" the head of the house, Sekai, asked me as I bumped into her.

"Oh gosh, sorry Sek! I gotta check the mail, I guess something important's in there!" I called back, still trying to move towards the front door.

"Ta zaki I already got the mail," she said with a grin, "And trust me, it is incredibly important."

She pushed me off towards the dinning room with a wink and I thanked her before rushing to my end of the table.

Amongst the fresh fruits and pancakes covering the table laid a singular envelope labeled FOR THE EYES OF AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
With a questioning look towards Sekai she beckoned me to open it, so I ripped the top of the paper off and looked over the ESO seal.

"Wait really?" I asked, a grin lighting up my entire face. I saw the excited faces of the staff and I jumped up and down before hugging them all, "Oh my gosh I'm so excited!"

Give thanks <3
Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Sun May 22, 2016 4:54 pm

- Harriet -

"Stay sharp!"

I back away, and my mom, Ashleigh Harrison Underwood, withdraws her fist now that I'm out of reach. I blink away the sunlight, and focus on finding a weakness of Mom's. Her feet are perfectly apart, her knees perfectly bent. Her stance is unbreakable. I don't see how I can take her down . . .

Her weight shifts to her left foot. Too much to her left foot.

I dart forward without thinking. Mom raises her hands and seizes my arms, preventing me from coming any closer. Still I reach out with one of my feet, straining for her ankle. Mom pushes forward, and I grunt, stumbling backwards and almost losing my footing --

Almost. I stay my ground, and resist Mom's attempts to knock me down off my feet. I reassess the situation. If I can just get myself to the side, I can get to Mom's ankle and knock her down. But at the same time, that may also leave me off-balance enough for her to take me down. Then I'll be defeated, and it'll be just one more loss to add to the already-Everest-high pile of failures.

I decide it's a risk I have to take. I yank Mom's arms down from my shoulders, dart to the side --

And hook my foot around her ankle and knock her down.

It's easy after that. Mom struggles, but I still climb on top of her, pinning her down, and easily manage to redirect her punch to the side.

I grin as I pin my forearm against her throat, further preventing her efforts. I'm doing it, I'm doing it, I'm finally doing it! I've finally managed to beat Mom, an experienced ESO agent --

An experienced ESO agent.

I stop, slowly starting to feel heavy. I lower my arms.

She made the mistake of making her stance off-balance. Except that's a very, very stupid mistake.

It's a mistake that an experienced ESO agent would have never made.

I stay still for a moment. Then I get myself off of her and stand up, looking down at Mom incredulously.

"You let me win," I say. I suck so bad at fighting that she let me win.

"Harriet -- "

Hot, frustrated tears scorch the back of my eyelids, and I stomp away from her, not wanting to hear another word.

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: Hunted by Megan Spooner
Currengly Binging: Stranger Things
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 100 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51 ... 100  Next