Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

Latest topics
» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Yesterday at 11:05 pm by Hime

» Irongale Fan Thread!
Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:59 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:55 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:37 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» Rate the Song Above You.
Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:35 pm by WritingBookworm

» Naruto: Will of Fire [RP Thread]
Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:37 pm by WritingBookworm

» Infinity's Row: Untold Stories
Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:26 pm by WritingBookworm

» [APPLICATIONS THREAD] Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:34 am by Sentinel

» Irongale [APPS THREAD!]
Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:58 am by WritingBookworm

October 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

CC Discord Server - Thoughts?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

READ POST FIRST! Should CC make its own Discord Server?

43% 43% 
[ 3 ]
43% 43% 
[ 3 ]
14% 14% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 7

CC Discord Server - Thoughts?

Post by Sentinel on Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:31 pm

Hey everyone! I discussed this with Hero of Time a bit, but before I start making some more movement I thought I'd get an opinion from you guys about creating an official Creativity Center Discord server.

For those of you who don't know what it is, Discord is a Skype/Teamspeak alternative - it's built towards gaming groups, but it's certainly not limited to them. It has a super-quick desktop download time, it's available on basically all operating systems (including mobile), you can open it up in browser, and best of all, it's 100% free - free to join and free to make your own server! It also takes up less CPU than Skype, meaning minimal impact on your other computer activities.

Discord lets server owners create multiple text-chat channels and voice-chat channels. If someone is being a little noisy/you want to zero-in on a conversation, you can even turn individual voices down on your end. It also lets you alter your username whenever you choose, and allows for quick and easy server switching when you have multiple things going on at once. In addition, there's also a Friends List function that allows you to add contacts for PMing purposes, and game overlay. There's probably more that needs to be said, but I think I covered most of it. Here's a link to the site if you want to look into it for yourself! http://discordapp.com

Again, I'm looking for input at the moment. Technically, the server is "made," but there's still quite a bit of set-up I'd have to do, so I'd like to see where the idea sits with you guys. If it's all-clear, I might add a few "Slasher!" text channels, just for the hell of it. Let me know in the poll above, and I hope you all have an excellent day!

On a moonless night / In a soulless place
The battle begins / For the s k e l e t o n  r a c e
Wanna see my pog collection?
Site Rules | Banner Submission | IR | Evergreen
Sentinel
Administrator
Administrator

http://ccforums.wikia.com/wiki/Sentinel_Hub

Back to top Go down

Re: CC Discord Server - Thoughts?

Post by Athena Lionheart on Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:54 pm

I've used Discord a few times and enjoyed it, so I think this would be a good idea. I'll probably continue to use Skype as well, though.

⌠ Anaphora Fan Thread ⌡ × ⌠ Anaphora: Entropy ⌡ × ⌠ My Shop ⌡ × ⌠ Forum Rules ⌡ × ⌠ versen ver ♥ ⌡
Athena Lionheart
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

http://creativitycenter.forumotion.com/t869-applications-thread-

Back to top Go down

Post by Salphirix on Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:30 pm

Never used Discord, but I may as well try it out o:

EDIT: Okay so, I'm also always going to use Skype because I have more than just a few CC people on it. But it'd be cool for other purposes and not just like, moving everything xD

Last edited by Salphirix on Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Salphirix
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

https://dragcave.net/user/Salphirix

Back to top Go down

Post by Cana on Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:24 pm

I'd rather keep everything on Skype, simply because I prefer keeping everything in one place. I've downloaded Discord before and it, when running at the same time as Skype, tends to slow down my computer. If CC did create a Discord group, though, I would probably still join it 'cause I don't like being left out.

Cana
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by King Ki11 on Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:36 pm

I've been using Discord for about few months to talk with some of my friends and its pretty much amazing, but I do have to warn you that although its a lot better then Skype in a lot of ways its still build more toward talking all the time instead of just chatting. It's more of a superior Teamspeak then Skype.

However the service is pretty awesome, I've had very little trouble with it and from what I can tell it doesn't have a lot of problems. I'd be willing to help set-up a server for it since I've done it before, but I'm sure it wouldn't take you that long to get a handle of what everything does; Its pretty easy to understand if you test everything out and/or read the little question marks by some of the options.

Overall it'd make arranging game nights and group calls easier, but I'd still prefer to use Skype for everything else.

King Ki11
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sentinel on Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:48 pm

Yeah. I figured later on that we wouldn't want to completely carry over from Skype (which is why I added the second option xD), but for game nights/little stuff, it'd be nice to have. I've been on it for a couple months now myself and it really is awesome, but since we're so ingrained in Skype now, Discord would be more of a side-thing to have.

On a moonless night / In a soulless place
The battle begins / For the s k e l e t o n  r a c e
Wanna see my pog collection?
Site Rules | Banner Submission | IR | Evergreen
Sentinel
Administrator
Administrator

http://ccforums.wikia.com/wiki/Sentinel_Hub

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content