Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Today at 3:05 am by Sentinel

» Irongale [RP THREAD]
Today at 2:37 am by Cana

» Red Queen {RP Thread}
Today at 2:18 am by Ace

» Irongale Fan Thread!
Today at 12:43 am by Lady Senbonzakura

» Red Queen {APP Thread}
Yesterday at 5:36 pm by boyhoy

» Red Queen: Shatter the Mirror
Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:38 am by WritingBookworm

» Evergreen: Academy for Spies – Incalescent [REVIVAL RP]
Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:09 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Harwell's Fan Thread!
Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:43 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» Seoulite[SGRP]
Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:13 pm by Kane

June 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

[Roleplaying Thread] Infinity's Row: Unbroken

Page 1 of 100 1, 2, 3 ... 50 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Roleplaying Thread] Infinity's Row: Unbroken

Post by Hime on Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:16 pm

"The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?"

- Edgar Allan Poe

Infinity's Row: Unbroken

Runite's Row, after the unfortunate battle at Lav're, is now residing at Duke Harliem's manor. The Second Great Clan War has officially begun.

This RPG takes place a month after the end of Awakening. The date is Magniel 1st.

~~~

N'al Ren, 5 years into the future

An infant’s cries echoed throughout a small wooden home nestled within the Vernon Down mountains. All else was still and peaceful, as though time itself had grown lethargic.

In a small bed, a woman with dark brown hair rested with a child asleep in her arms. A man with a scruffy neck and an old woman stood nearby, faces illuminated by the eerie candlelight. “He’s healthy. Congratulations, Sarna.”

The mother smiled. There was tiredness evident all over her body, but she managed to maintain a cheery disposition. The father, however, did not. He seemed bothered by his son, brow tense and gaze uneasy.

“There’s something off about all of this,” he murmured. “An evil aura is present.”

With a incredulous look, the elderly woman scolded him. “Ranem, please! This is your first child. Don’t dishearten your wife with such pessimistic thoughts.” Although she seemed frail on the outside, her voice gave off a powerful impression. It was almost enough to persuade the father into behaving more kindly, but not quite.

“Don’t tell me you don’t sense it too.”

Wind rattled the front door as thunder clapped overhead. The night itself was showing signs of bad omen and great impurity.

An anxious sigh left the mother as the infant finally fell silent in sleep. “My dear, I assure you, it’s the great evil of the Zen’haliems that we sense nearby,” she said to him, her tone gentle. “Their blackheartedness is the reason we had to take refuge here in the first place.”

Ranem shut his eyes in thought. There was no use in arguing it, no matter how strongly he felt; perhaps it would be for the best if he remained optimistic. After all, what kind of a father felt second thoughts at the birth of his first son? He knelt by his wife’s bedside, gazing upon the peaceful face of his offspring.

“Lucan Faust,” he whispered. Very softly, he placed his hand upon his hairless head.

As the house fell silent once again, the breath of the wind extinguished the candle’s flame.

~~~

- Resh -

A month can sure do a lot for a guy. For the most part, I've been getting as much rest as possible, considering that we could be moving for days at any given moment. We've settled in here pretty nicely, but the lives of the villagers and the duke's family was always top priority.

I sat up in my bed, feeling a strange heaviness in my chest. Perhaps that was all the nervousness I withheld in myself.
Hime

Back to top Go down

Re: [Roleplaying Thread] Infinity's Row: Unbroken

Post by Sentinel on Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:21 pm

"So... what happened to Aidie?"

The memories seemed to move in reverse for Xanther, Silvien, and her brother. Aidec Farenart was no different...

"It's... a long story, Luka. It might have to wait until everything is over. We don't want to talk about it right now."

The flight back to N'al Ren. Mount Calonis. Limbo.

"I just hope uncle Lyall will be all right..."

Tal Katahn. The Andull Sea. Port Farvel.

"Don't worry, bro. He just... needs to rest, I guess."

"...like Aidec?"

"...like all of us."

~Aidec~

They echoed around him - a cacophony of voices and sound that he could neither distinguish nor care to. Through the sea of indifference - no, later he learned, it was shock - he witnessed the catalyst of the last 24 hours, playing over and over again. The battle on the volcano. His family. The axe. The Godmother. His father.

Everything loomed over his conscience, like pressure bearing down on the dwindling strength of a dam. He neither moved, nor ate, nor acknowledged existence of the outside world. Aidec Farenart couldn't even comprehend where he was - only what he had done, what had transpired, and the power that churned within the axe resting on the front of his bed.

For so long, he had managed to resist the effects of poverty, war, famine, heartbreak, and death. Now Aidec Farenart, for the first time in his life, felt completely broken.

~Silvien~

My leg still hurt. Granted, it had only been less than a day since the broken part of my staff was jammed into my calf muscle, so speedy improvement was a bleak outlook. But I just wanted the pain to go away. I wanted all of our pain to go away - especially Aidec's.

Wincing, I hopped up off the edge of his bed, limping to Rafael. "Let's go take Luka for some food. Should probably give the family some space. Also, I'm hungry, and I want this wound checked out before it gets infected."

My brother nodded, glancing at my broken staff. "Need a new weapon too. Want me to pitch that for you?"

I glanced down at the remains of Streak. The Row elder that gave it to me said it was destined to be indestructible - yet another load of bull crap. But I had a kind of attachment to it. I'd hate to see it go, even if I couldn't fight with it and it injured me.

"Nah... I'll take care of it," I said, pocketing the pieces. "Let's just go find some food. We'll figure out how to get myself a new weapon later." Luka hopped up from a chair at the sound of "food," taking my hand as the three of us went scavenging through the Duke's manor.

~Xanther~

We're still not sure what happened in Caruvitha, beyond Miklos sending a distress call to the three of us. It was all a blur for us - fighting the Godmother's forces on the volcano, then watching as Aidec and Lyall disappeared in a hazy flash. I do remember a lot of ash. I think... I guess the shockwave that knocked Silvien out also did something to Mount Calonis. Next thing we knew, Dovastintska had vanished, Rafael is hauling us onto the hovercraft, Lyall is in critical condition, and Aidec just... has this glazed look to his eyes.

A look that still remained. I hardly noticed the Dalakanths walking out of the infirmary, instead locking eyes with Aidec, trying to rekindle some kind of connection. He just stared blankly ahead. The entire world had been locked out - one of the worst cases of shock I've ever seen.

"Aidec..." I faltered - wasn't sure if he could even hear me. "I'm sorry. Really, I am. I don't know what you saw when you were fighting her, but I need you to come back to us. Please... come back to us as soon as you can. We need you. All of us need you."

I rose to my feet, picking up Termino and following the Dalakanth siblings, and left the father and son to rest.
Sentinel
Administrator
Administrator

http://ccforums.wikia.com/wiki/Sentinel_Hub

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael DeathFlame on Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:25 pm

Eight days Earlier

Sierra: Whenever I find this kid, I'm going to chop his freaking head off. I round the corner of the same hallway for what feels like the hundredth time, quietly grumbling under my breath as I make my way through the building. Each time I do I expect to see his stupid little grin underneath his web of fiery red hair. I expect him to explain to me where the hell he's been all day, and why he never showed up to our lessons with Miranda. I expect him to apologize just a bit because, honestly, I'm starting to get a bit worried.

I saw him just last night. He was absolutely fine. That's for sure. But when I checked the hovercrafts this morning, there was definitely one missing. Did he say he was going anywhere? No, he definitely didn't; I would've went with him if he did. I mean, with all these crazy people roaming around, you really can't go anywhere on your own anymore. He knows not to just head out without telling anyone; I mean, he told Natasha the same damn thing almost a month ago. So if he hasn't left, but he's not here, then where is he hiding? And why is a hovercraft gone?

I consider asking anyone in my communicator if they've found him, but I decide against it. I've been bugging people nonstop all day, Gentry, Ebony, Natasha, and Miranda in particular. If anyone even saw a hint of that ginger around, they'd be screaming it into their own communicator. They're probably sick of my voice by now. But no one's called. Absolutely freaking no one. You'd think that Miranda at least would be able to reach out with her stupid magic powers of her and find her, but nope. Not even she knows where the kid's at. Doesn't matter. I'll find him on my own. And when I do, I'll-

"Sierra Vride." I stop immediately at the sound of the voice.

"Who's there?!" I turn on my heel, Man-Eater already in hand. Turning back and forth, I look everywhere, behind the corners, in the crack of doorframes... and see no one. Absolutely no one. "Well, where the hell are you?" Still no response. I'm just on edge, probably. I mean, I've been going crazy all day. Wouldn't be that surprised if I started hearing shit.

"Oh, I wouldn't be surprised either. Unfortunately for you, dear, you aren't imagining me. No, not at all. As far as who I am, for now you may call me Amanda." Where the hell is that coming from? It sounds like it's coming from all over the place, from every direction at the same time, all starting from... from my...

"...Are you in my head?"

There's a chuckle. "Yes, I'm afraid I am. Although I won't be for too long. I'm just here to tell you what you need to know."

"Well, got on with it then. I don't have all day to stand here and talk to imaginary friends."

This time there's a full-on laugh. "My dear Sierra, I'm afraid you're wrong on both accounts. As I said earlier, you are not imaging me. And I am very, very far from being your friend. But if I were you, I'd pay very close attention. Your brother's life just may depend on it."

What is she-

I freeze. It hits me.

Oh no. Oh no. Oh no no no no no...

"What did you do to him?" I hiss quietly, doing my best to stop Man-Eater from shaking. "Where did you take him?"

"I'm afraid I cannot answer your last question, Sierra. But I will answer your first one. In the next few days I will be doing many, many things to your twin brother. Many of them he will not enjoy. I'd advise you to find him as soon as you can. If not... I pray, for everyone's sake, that you are prepared to become the last host of Chaos."

My voice barely comes out as a whisper. "No." I look around, trying to find the person, Amanda. She has to be here. I... I have to be making this up. "No, please, don't. I'll do anything, just..." No answer.

They have him. They have him. Spirits, they have him, and they're... they're gonna...

Man-Eater clatters to the ground. I barely even notice it. I stumble against the wall, slowly, slowly sinking to the ground.

They have him...

For the first time since Dad died, tears are flowing freely down my face. I can't stop crying. I can't stop sobbing. Just like I can't stop them from hurting him, or torturing him, or-or-or... or killing him...

I-I-I failed him... Someone's screaming. It takes me a few seconds to realize it's me.

It's all my fault... it's all my fault...

Last edited by Michael DeathFlame on Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Michael DeathFlame
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

http://Wizard101central.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:36 pm

~Dederick~

Pain. So much pain. Besides that sharp feeling all that was left was numbness that spread up my limbs as arrow after arrow entered my torso.

The figure before me wouldn't stop shifting, disorienting me. It revolved between so many: Fe, Arker, Mom, Dad, Ren...Farron.

Then the form stopped on Ren. The next arrow was loaded. It was shot. But it missed.

Looking quickly behind me I saw Jacobe. His eyes widened and he mouthed one word, "Why..."

Then the arrow pierced his heart...

I bolted awake in a cold sweat, heart racing as I came back to reality. Yet the numbness was still there. I slowly stood and dressed, going through the same routine I did every morning for a month.

The month without my brother. Without my twin. Without the other half of me.

Empty. That was what I felt.

But I kept moving. I left my room in a daze, walking to the kitchen for food. An empty grin made its way onto my face. The only normal thing I could hold onto was my appetite.

~Jacobe~

I took a deep breath of the ocean air, wincing as my chest moved. I slowly lowered myself onto the boat's deck, closing my eyes and waited for the ebbing pain to disappear once again.

This wound had taken so long to heal, what with my lack of supplies. I was almost surprised I hadn't died again. Infection spread quickly without any sterilized equipment and my shaking hands made for crooked stitches and more bleeding than was necessary.

A month later and I was finally on my way back to Dederick.

I stood back up again, looking down at the map I found and turned the boat's rudder slightly to change my trajectory. Leaning against the bow in my hands I watched the ocean spread before me. Ren's bow. The only thing I took back from the afterlife. I would have left it along with her body, which I had found and burried, but something made me keep it.

I smiled fondly at the thought of my cousin. I had finally resolved everything in our family, the death, the fighting, the fear. It had been replaced by love and happiness, and now I had to get back. I had to see my brother. I had to tell him I was ok.
Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael DeathFlame on Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:51 pm

Present Day

Sierra: It's almost comical how you forget about things. Important things, things that you felt for years and years. Some people forget what happiness tastes like. Other people forget what home smells like. Me? I forgot what depression feels like. It stuck with me for years after what happened with my - no, our - parents.

Funny that it took me losing another family member for it to pay another visit.

It just sticks to me, relentlessly, day in and day out, like I'm being coated in the heaviest freaking armor you can find. Except I can't take it off, no matter how hard I try.

Because every time I try to be positive, to think of something happy, all I do is go back to him. Everything that's ever made me happy goes back to him.

And now he's gone. He's gone. He's gone.

And as each day moves sluggishly along, the more and more I feel like he's gone for good.

I watch the sun rise from the hovercraft, blood-shot eyes moving quickly over the ground beneath me. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I don't know how they got him. I don't know if I ever will. But they didn't leave a trace. No way of tracking the hovercraft that they must have stolen, no way tracking their footprints. They just disappeared. Took the only thing that ever freaking mattered to me and just ran-

I close my eyes, biting my cracked lips so hard that they start bleeding again. No. No. I'm not going to cry again. Not like the first day. And I'm never going to cry again. Crying's not gonna get me any closer to my brother. Crying's not gonna make any sense of this whole shitstorm. I'm not going to cry. Never again. Still, I break that promise every night. I know I will again later. No. I won't. I won't. I grip the hilt of Mortalsbane, trying to imagine the way he used to hold them, the way his hands used to... used to... I wipe viciously at my face. No. No. No. Stop.

We only know one thing for now: the people who took him were from the village. That much we pieced together pretty easily, considering that they disappeared the same day he did. Miranda said they were part of the same group she used to be a part of, the Conduits or whatever. That's the only lead we have. The only freaking lead. And you know how much that's helped?

Not at all. Not a freaking all.

"Where the hell are you?" I whisper into the quiet. "What the hell are they doing to you?"

Last edited by Michael DeathFlame on Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Michael DeathFlame
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythie on Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:15 pm

Ebony~
The last month had been difficult but quiet none the less. If anything though that just made things harder. It gave me more time to think, to think about things that I probably shouldn't even be worrying about.

Miranda, Yupik and Natasha have been really helpful in dealing with all this jun crap. They all seemed to understand it more than the others at least. That doesn't mean it has been easy though. Often times I woke up with nightmares or losing control, hurting those I cared about. That's what worried me the most. I had been improving though, getting more control, understanding the way that the jun powers worked. I prayed to Ciel that I'd never have to use them though. I knew it was a pointless prayer because all of that would be too convenient for someone like me.

Over the last month as well I've become pretty closed off. I've been avoiding Resh and most of the other since we arrived here. I was sure they didn't want to see me anyways... I knew someone who might want to see me though.

I make my way towards Sierra's room. We had all been worried since Yupik's disappearance last week but for obvious reasons she was taking it the worst. Slightly hesitantly I knock on her door wanting to see if there was anything I could do.
Mythie
Epic Creator
Epic Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael DeathFlame on Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:22 pm

Sierra: I trudge my way through the halls of the Duke's place, bow and arrow slung over my shoulder. Another night of looking. Another day coming back with a full pack of arrows. I grumble to myself as I turn the corner towards my room. Instead, I see Ebony standing in front of it, looking as if she's waiting for me or something.

"Over here," I mutter as I walk towards her.
Michael DeathFlame
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythie on Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:27 pm

Ebony~
I could tell by just looking at her facial expressions that she didn't make any progress again today. "Anything I can do to help?" I ask my voice quiet
Mythie
Epic Creator
Epic Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael DeathFlame on Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:33 pm

Sierra: "Find this Amanda person and rip her freaking throat out for me." I stop at my door, standing still for a moment before letting the sigh rattle out of my body. My head dips forward, forehead resting against the rough wood. "I don't know, Ebony. I just... I have no idea."
Michael DeathFlame
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythie on Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:41 pm

Ebony~
I sigh. I wanted to assure her that everything would be ok. I wanted to but I knew that it wasn't necessarily true, especially in the world we were living in today. "We'll keep looking, we aren't going to give up" I say. That was a promise I would be able to keep.
Mythie
Epic Creator
Epic Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 100 1, 2, 3 ... 50 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top