Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

canaissexy  x3  

Latest topics
» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Today at 12:22 am by Shaybaysasuke

» Seoulite[SGRP]
Yesterday at 1:08 am by Cana

» Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:07 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:21 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Harwell's Fan Thread!
Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:42 pm by Comrade Squid

» Irongale Fan Thread!
Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:15 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» The World of Swords [SGRPG] [FULL]
Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:38 am by Hero of Time

» Red Queen {RP Thread}
Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:59 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster [OPENING APP THREAD]
Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:05 pm by Hime

August 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

Legacy

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Legacy

Post by Hero of Time on Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:27 pm

Legacy

Prologue

A weary, middle-aged man stood at the crest of a small hill that oversaw the entire town of Magnolia. His bloodshot left eye did not waver from the decrepit building that was only identifiable as the old Fairy Tail Guild Hall by the small sign that had been cloven in half above two broken doors.
      The explosions from the night before had kept him from sleeping, but he learned long ago that rest was a luxury that he could not afford.
      "Cade... what evil have you wrought...?" He breathed, his voice nothing more than a rasp.
      The man then spotted what he had dreaded that he might find. His lungs filled with iron as he slid down the embankment and fell to his knees before the bodies.
      Tears fell from his eyes, unhindered, as he paid his respects to the two corpses that lay next to each other, their hands unseparable even in death.
      "I am sorry, my friends," choked the man, who could no longer control the tremors in his worn hands. "I have failed you."
      After a few moments, he regained his composure and placed his fingers on the pink-haired woman's eyelids before sliding them closed.
      He did the same for the Shadow Dragon Slayer who lay beside her.
      Fear and anger clinging to the man like leeches to flesh, he stood and departed, the knowledge that if he remained any longer, he, too, would be killed in the forefront of his mind.

Last edited by Hero of Time on Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:09 pm; edited 4 times in total
Hero of Time
Administrator
Administrator

http://creativitycenter.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Legacy

Post by Athena Lionheart on Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:57 pm

JEVA PLS NO

JACK D:<
Athena Lionheart
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

http://creativitycenter.forumotion.com/t869-applications-thread-

Back to top Go down

Post by Salphirix on Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:00 pm

Rip all the Jeva

Seriously though I AM READY
Salphirix
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

https://dragcave.net/user/Salphirix

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:11 pm

Hmmm the identity of this mystery man is intriguing. He sounds like a BAMF, but it's only the prologue so idk tbh. He might end up being a prick. I will continue reading just to find these important details out.
boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero of Time on Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:50 pm

Chapter 1

Justin awoke silently one morning. Rather than moving and disturbing the woman next to him, he remained motionless and allowed the morning's peace to envelop his senses.
                          He listened to the birds in the nearby trees who chirped merrily as if to greet the first rays of dawn. The corners of his lips curled into a smile as he beheld nature's beauty. Beauty... He repeated in his mind before turning his attention to the gentle rise and fall of Eva's breath. The slow, metered respirations seemed to be an oasis in the desert to the shadow dragon slayer where he could relax and be at peace.
                         After a few moments of silent observation, Justin pulled Eva's warm form closer to his and beheld her eyes as they fluttered open. Although he would never admit it, he could stare into those silver orbs for hours without tiring. Wordlessly, he cupped her cheek and began to close his eyes.
      Without warning, the tent was then filled with a brilliant, white light that blinded the couple. If they had been able to move, Justin would have surely ignited his fists with shadow and Eva would have screamed, but, alas, they found their bodies and voices entirely unresponsive.
      All they could do was examine the form that stood between them and the tent flap like a sentinel guarding its charge.
      Standing by their feet was a man who appeared to have, as Master Garo would have put it, "seen some shit." He wore a faded tan leather jacket with a plain white shirt decorated with a host of stains that almost seemed like medals to Justin. The man's weathered hands were partially obstructed by his long sleeves, but he did not seem to mind. His dark blue pants, faded as well, were only adorned by a simple brown belt with a black clasp. Atop the man's head was a mess of brown hair plagued by a formidable amount of grey that was held back by a black headband with a strange red insignia on the front.
      Justin then noticed the man's eyes, and, as he would later discover, Eva was equally as shocked as he was. A long scar stretched from the center of the man's headband to the base of his jaw, thus crossing his right eye. This eye had a noticeable scratch across it and, rather than being dull and lifeless like Justin would have assumed it would be, it was startlingly purple with a bright yellow pupil. His face seemed weathered, Justin noted, with slight creases above his brow and below his eyes.
      When the man spoke, his gruff voice held a hint of what Justin could only describe as a deep, penetrating sadness. This sadness seemed to encompass his entire being as if he had run out of all that was good in life and was forced to make one last decision before resigning himself to the abyss.
      "Come with me," He said, his hand stretched towards the couple. "The world needs you. You are its only chance."
      Justin, then discovering that he was able to move once more, lept to his feet and situated himself between the man and Eva. Although he was terrified and shocked, Justin could not deny the overcoming sense of duty that had crept into his bones.
      Is this man telling the truth?
      Behind Justin, Eva stirred. She breathed, "Us..?" to which the man only dipped his chin solemnly.
      "W-where?" Asked Justin, his fists clenched and ready to attack if the need arose. He knew that his friends' tents were close enough that if he made a loud noise, they would hear and help him out, but they might be too late.
      The man only shook his head and opened his palm towards the couple, whispering, "You must come with me to save the future."

Last edited by Hero of Time on Mon May 16, 2016 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hero of Time
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Lionheart on Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:27 pm

You've got me interested. Good job so far c:
Athena Lionheart
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero of Time on Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:23 pm

Chapter 2

Once the light finally subsided, Justin examined his surroundings. Before him was the man who was busy stuffing several small orbs into a pouch, while Eva still stood behind him. Glad that she was alive and well, Justin's gaze then expanded and he found himself staring up at the vaulted ceiling above.
      "Where are we?" Eva asked, her mouth agape.
      "You sure you don't know?" Asked the man, one of his eyebrows raised towards Justin.
      Without hesitation, the Shadow Dragon Slayer muttered, "Kardia Cathedral..." The man nodded. After a few moments of contemplation, Justin asked, "Why did you bring us to Magnolia? What is happening?"
      While he had his doubts about the validity of an agent from the future needing the two of them to save the world, Justin knew from experience that the world wasn't always as he expected it. Thus, they had accepted the man's request and had waited patiently as he had withdrawn his seven orbs and had created a large, blue magic circle.
      Instead of answering the questions that the teenagers seemed to share, the man turned and began gathering firewood from a small pile hidden behind a column. For what seemed like hours, Justin watched the man tend a small flame until, at last, he seemed to be satisfied with the small inferno and retired to sitting with his back against a broken piece of stone. Puzzled, Justin took one last look of his surroundings to make sure nobody was sneaking up on them before sitting across from the man. Eva, most likely cold due to the lack of heat, sat against Justin and wrapped her arms around him.
      Justin watched the shadows dance across the man's face as the fire flitted about. The otherwise colorless cathedral seemed to press in on the trio, as if it were aware that they held the fate of the world in their hands.
      Then, after producing a thin pipe from within his jacket, the man began to speak. All the while, his gaze did not leave the flames, "A few years after your time, a child is conceived and borne to two of the greatest wizards in Fiore." he paused to puff on his pipe. "This boy was handsome and happy, and his parents loved him more than anything. Enthralled by the wonder of their first child, his parents brought him to me and asked that I look into his future. As always, I warned them that what I see may not be positive, but they refused to relent. Finally, I peered into the boy's future and knew at once that I could not tell anyone what I had seen. Fighting back tears, I told his parents, my friends, that Cade - for that was his name - would be the greatest wizard in Fiore and that he would change the world."
      In the moment's silence that ensued, Justin thought that he saw a single tear shining on the man's cheek.
      "By his ninth birthday, Cade's magical prowess was unheard of, and he could almost match the Wizard Saints in the right atmosphere. You see, he was born with an uncanny knack for Mimic magic. Like you have seen, this magic essentially copies those that it is used on.... but Cade was different. Even in his youth, he could do more with the magic of others than even they could; and, naturally, people began to grow cautious of him. However, he was kind and lighthearted and lived to please his parents. Unfortunately," the man rumbles, his voice's rasp noticeably increasing. "this did not last. Roughly three months ago in the time that you now find yourselves in, Cade's magic changed. No longer was he only able to keep one power at a time, no; he was able to steal magics and keep all of them, thus leaving their original users powerless. Along with this came the boy's change: he grew wicked. His thirst for power was insatiable, and those around him fell like leaves in a hurricane. This is why I have brought you here. Tomorrow - for I have seen that it will be tomorrow - Cade will march upon Magnolia one last time in search of my power so that he may return to the past and change history." And he fell silent.
      "What did you see in his future?" asked Eva, her head pressed against Justin's chest.
      The man puffs on his pipe and replies, "I saw that his parents would kill him."
      The gravity of the situation then seemed to slap Justin in the face as he was forced to the conclusion that he just could not believe. His parents would... kill him....
      "I suppose it was a self-fulfilling prophecy, though, because no matter how skilled he became, Cade could not mimic or, later, steal the magic of his parents. Knowing this, he drugged them so that their magic power was locked before killing them."
      Unwilling to voice what he assumed, Justin asks, "What are your powers, exactly, that you can travel through time like this? You must be one of the Saints."
      After a sigh, the man responds, "In about a decade from your time, I discovered that time and space are but two sides of the same coin, and, because of this, I was able to evolve my use of Arc of Time to encompass not only time, but reality itself. In short, I had become too powerful for normal guild life, and I resigned to being a Watchman over Time with this building as my headquarters." Then, nodding he says, "Aye, I am Lukas. I am the Guild Master of Fairy Tail and, coincidentally, the last living member after what Cade has wrought. And if that bastard steals my magic, the entire fabric of the universe will be broken, that much I have seen."
      "Lukas...." whispered Eva as she moved into a sitting position.
      It all seemed to click for Justin. Lukas had seen this boy become one of the most vile wizards in Fiore and had watched his friends be slaughtered, so he had come back to retrieve Eva and himself to destroy.... our child.
      Justin swallowed hard and said in a hollow voice, "You brought us here because we are the only ones who can stop Cade.... because he cannot steal our magic. You brought us here because we are his parents."
Hero of Time
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Lionheart on Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:14 pm

Nice chapter ^-^
Athena Lionheart
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero of Time on Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:03 pm

Chapter 3

The night seemed to pass slowly to Justin. Although Lukas warned him that 'You'll need your strength tomorrow; rest up,' sleep never came. Eva fell asleep quickly enough - she had dealt with the shock differently than Justin had - though the paths of her tears on her cheeks glistened for hours. Normally, Justin would be perfectly happy lying awake, his limbs interwoven with Eva's, for hours, yet he yearned to run. It seemed as though every muscle in his body wanted him to be elsewhere and to not have to risk his life and that of the woman next to him. More than that, though, was his desire for things to make sense again. The shock that he would have a kid in a few years, although not necessarily unwelcome, jarred him and left him unwhole; it was as if he needed clarity and proof while at the same time feared it above all else.
      There was also the fact that this boy had already murdered a much stronger Justin and a much stronger Eva, and since then, who knows how much more powerful he has become? How can they possibly survive tomorrow if they had already been killed a week ago? How can he ever save the world?
      Justin lay awake for hours, his eyes tracing cracks in the cathedral ceiling high above. Every once in a while, the wind would blow at just the right velocity to send a low hum through the building - it seemed almost alive.
      As dawn was just beginning to poke her head above the horizon, a fear came over the Dragon Slayer. Always in his life had he rushed into challenges far greater than himself and overcome them. Now, he was afraid. Occasional tremors shook wracked his body as if to plead him to run away from what would inevitably come. All he hoped was that Eva would be okay.

A time passed - Justin wasn't sure how long it was - and Lukas finally stood, his eyes darker than they had been the night before, and stated in a level voice, "He approaches," as if he had been rehearsing it all night to get it just right.
      Eva's eyes sprung into being and the two disengaged and stood. Together, the three wizards - nay, three friends took each others' hands and closed their eyes.
      For a moment, the cathedral was silent. The peace was only broken when Lukas said, "You are and will forever be my best friends, and I will do whatever I can to ensure that you slaughter this menace and return to your time."
      Justin opened his eyes quickly and clenched his jaw. "We cannot thank you enough."
      The man then produced a small orb - one of his seven - from the pouch at his side and placed it in the Shadow Dragon Slayer's palm. His voice soft, Lukas intoned, "When your job is done and he is dead, break this at your feet and you will return to your time." After noticing the buildup of a film of tears in Eva's eyes, he added, "When you return, come find me - the me of your time - and tell him 'Once more, the marigold blows. And aren't we all elated?' and never tell him what becomes of he and I; he must discover it for himself."
      Justin held the orb close to his heart for a moment before placing it in the pocket of his jacket. Eva nodded, a single tear set loose from its entrapment.
      "Now, however, is the time for action. Cade, as I have predicted, has just entered Magnolia and is on his way to us as we speak. We have no more time."
      One last look was collectively shared between the three before they made their way, side by side by side, to the large square outside of Kardia Cathedral.
      Justin could see the figure approaching even before Lukas could. It was of a man, taller than himself, with dark hair and thick limbs. He adorned himself with a long, black cape and a circlet of silver on his head, and dust invariably billowed out behind him in a constant cloud, which meant that he was running at an incredible speed.
      It was not long before the figure arrived at the opposite side of the square.
      "Cade." Lukas rasped. Justin could feel the magic power beginning to build in his friend.
      Cade, however, had his sights set on the two people that he had not expected to see at the execution of the Last Master of Fairy Tail. "Hello Mother, Father," He sneered. "Welcome to your final minutes."  

Hero of Time
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero of Time on Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:00 pm

Chapter 4

Before Justin could react, Cade summoned a blue magic circle in front of him. As he threw himself in front of Eva, Justin saw out of the corner of his eye that Lukas had summoned his own Magic Circle; it was gold.
      "You have no place here, Cade! Your home is in the abyss!" Lukas shouted, the wind whipping his hair. "Arc of Time: Ultimate Sacrifice!"
      Justin had no warning. He had no time to leap out of the way or to throw up a magical barrier before Lukas' form turned to pure light and shook the entire town of Magnolia. From Cade's hiss on the other side of the square, Justin knew that he had been equally blinded (and even more infuriated), but he suspected that it would not last.
      All of the sudden, the light disappeared to reveal the crumpled form of Lukas on the ground, caked in soot. Terror wracked Justin's mind and body - How had Cade killed him so quickly?! What is this power!?
      That was when Justin realized that he felt better than he ever had in his life. Magic power coursed through his veins in such large quantities that he felt as if he would burst. Tears came to his eyes when he realized that Lukas must have converted his own life force into magic power.
      "He gave us a chance...." Whispered Eva.
      "A fighting chance." Affirmed Justin.
      "Well, that's unfortunate. Now I only get to kill two people." Sneered Cade from across the square. Then, he shouted, "Fire Dragon Roar!"
      Justin had only just enough time to throw up a wall of shadows before the flames engulfed them. He looked back at Eva, his arms still crossed in front of him to block the spell. She mouthed Aris... He nodded.
      Dispelling his shell, Justin ran towards Cade even as he, himself, ran at his father. The force of their fists colliding shook the square and sent cracks through the ground. Shadows licked Justin's hand as he stared into his son's eyes.
      From behind him, he heard Eva shout, "Satan Soul!"
      "You're no match for me." Stated Cade as he swung his other fist in an uppercut.
      Justin created a ball of shadows between them that caused them to disengage long enough for him to dodge the punch. As the Dragon Slayer leaped to his feet, Eva's form soared over him and began jabbing at the man with a series of lightning-fast punches. Unbelievably, Cade managed to slap her hands out of the air with growing proficiency.
      As he batted away her fists, he shouted, "Dark Écriture: Wings!" And two large wings of purple runes sprung to life behind him. "Fall!" He commanded, willing a huge force to push down on Eva long enough for him to back up and take to the skies.
      Justin shot shadows from his feet to shoot himself into the air just as Cade summoned a huge golden magic circle from which large chunks of Heavenly Body magic began to rain down. The Shadow Dragon Slayer took one to the face in the first wave of bolts and was sent sprawling to the ground. It was at that point that the gravity magic holding Eva in place disappeared, and she flew into the air, dodging projectiles with practiced ease.
      As Eva drew close, Cade's hand morphed into that of a Wyvern. Tears rushed to Eva's eyes and she caught the man's swing out of the air. For the first time, the arrogant smile faded from Cade's face and was reduced to a malignant frown.
      Eva, taken over by fury, kneed Cade in the chin and sent him flying to the ground. Justin took this moment to stand and sprint to where the dust had yet to settle from his son slamming into the street. He from the land and Eva from the skies, they raced to Cade to finish the job.
      When the dust settled, Cade stood upright, his fists clenched at his sides. "You'll pay for that, you wretch." He then pointed both palms towards Justin and shouted, "Hell on Wheels!" Which caused a large, demonic train to appear out of thin air and barrel down on the Dragon Slayer.
      Unfortunately for Cade, he let his guard down for too long and was not able to counter Eva before she slammed into him, her fist knocking several of his teeth out and breaking his nose. The man fell to the ground and pointed a finger at her. "Crash!" He barked, sending a powerful bolt of silver magic straight into her abdomen. She flew thirty feet backwards until she collided with a brick wall.
      Her Take Over dimmed and disappeared, leaving her bruised form lying on the ground amongst the bricks.
      Cade leaped to his feet and sprinted to her, his fist raised. "Lightning Dragon's Breakdown Fist!"
      A huge surge of lightning suddenly sprung to life on his fist as he brought it down towards Eva. Tears lined her eyes - she knew she did not have the time to perform another Take Over.
      All of the sudden, the sound of a loud train whistle resounds through Magnolia. Cade's head whipped to the left to see the train bearing down on him, the Shadow Dragon Slayer on top of it.
      The man's eyes widened as he saw his father throw his hand up into the air and shout, "Shadow Dragon Secret Art: Blade of the Reaper!" An immense sword of pure shadow appeared in Justin's hand and he swung it downwards even as Cade swung his fist at Eva.
      An explosion tore through Fiore that day. Those within a hundred mile radius of Magnolia said that the sky was wrought by a terrible light which was then chased away by a terrible darkness. The very earth seemed to tremble.

When the dust settled, Justin stood on the edge of an immense crater. In the center was the crumbled, broken form of what he could only assume was Cade. Hovering next to the form in a shell of pure darkness was a pale, feminine form.
      Justin slid down the side of the crater and stood beneath the egg of shadow before dispelling it and catching Eva in his arms. Clouds parted above them for the first time that day and a ray of sunshine illuminated their forms.
      The Shadow Dragon Slayer looked into Eva's eyes as they peeked through her eyelids. She began to weep, but Justin did not stop her; after all, he knew how she felt.
      After an indiscriminate amount of time, he set her on her feet and slipped one arm around her waist as he fished the orb out of his pocket. Together, they took a deep breath and Justin threw it at their feet.
      A brilliant light overtook them and they lost all sense of time and being.
Hero of Time
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top